Once you set up your WiFi mesh or Nighthawk mesh extender, you will be able to log in to the extender to see and change the settings. If you have not installed and connected your extender to your existing WiFi network, just visit Netgear support and check the guide. If you do not own a WiFi mesh or Nighthawk mesh extender, see on how to log in to your Netgear WiFi Range Extender.
How to log into your WiFi mesh or Nighthawk mesh extender?
- The first thing that you have to do is to launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device which is connected to your extender’s network. Famous web browsers include Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and Google Chrome. For note: Your router and extender might have different WiFi network names (SSIDs). Please verify that you are connected to your extender’s network.
- If you did not enable the One WiFi Name feature, you are able to type www.mywifiext.net into the address field of your web browser.
- If you enabled the One WiFi Name feature, you have to type one of the URLs below into the address field of your web browser:
- For Windows-based computers. http://mywifiext or http://mywifiext.local
- For Mac computers, Linux devices and iOS devices. http://mywifiext.local
- For Android devices. http://<extender’s IP address>.
For more information, you need to check article about finding the IP address of a device connected to your router and the way to enable or disable one WiFi name on your Nighthawk Mesh WiFi Range Extender.
- Now, you have to click or tap Enter. A login page will display.
- The next step that you have to do is to submit your admin user name and password. For note: Your user name might be an email address. If you forgot your user name and password, you are able to click the Username & Password Help link. Or you are also able to reset your login credentials.
- Please click or tap LOG IN. The Status page displays.
- If your browser displays the Menu icon, simply you are able to click or tap it. The extender menu will display.
- Lastly, you only need to choose Settings to see and adjust your extender’s settings.
If you are unable to log in to your extender, you have to continue reading the following text.
Can’t access www.mywifiext.net – what do you do?
When you attempt to access the site http://www.mywifiext.net/ to set up your wireless extender, you may get an error message or be unable to connect to the website. This can happen as http://www.mywifiext.net/ is not a regular Internet site. It is a local web address to open the settings of a Netgear wireless range extender. Your computer should be physically connected by Ethernet or wirelessly connected to your Netgear range extender to access this web address.
If your computer is not connected to Internet, you will see one of the error messages below:
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. “Page cannot be displayed” or “You are not connected to a network.”
- Google Chrome. “Unable to connect to the Internet. Google Chrome cannot display the webpage because your computer is not connected to the Internet.”
- Firefox. “Server not found. Firefox cannot find the server at www.mywifiext.net.”
- Safari. “Cannot find the server.”
If you see one of the error messages above, ensure that you entered the correct web address in your web browser. Usually, a mistyped web address can take you to a fraudulent third-party site which tries to steal your login credentials or asks you to pay money to access your range extender. Keep in mind that Netgear will never request money to allow you to use a NETGEAR product that you bought. Also, Netgear gives 90 days of complimentary live chat and phone support after purchase from an authorized Netgear reseller. If you are not sure whether you typed the correct address, you have to close your browser tab or window and then access the correct website: http://www.mywifiext.net/.
To troubleshoot problems connecting to www.mywifiext.net:
- You have to bring your range extender into the same room as your wireless router. After setup is complete and you have a working connection to the wireless router, you are able to move the extender to its intended location.
- Please ensure that the Netgear wireless range extender is plugged into a power source. If the extender is receiving power, then the power LED lights.
- If your Netgear wireless range extender owns a PC to Extender LED or a Device to Extender LED, ensure that it is lit. If it is not lit, you have to unplug both ends of the Ethernet cable which is connecting your range extender to your device and plug it in again.
- In your web browser’s address bar, you are able to submit the extender’s default IP address: 192.168.1.250.
- If you still cannot access your extender, you have to reset your browser and try again. For more information, find out the way to clear the cache and browsing history on famous browsers.
- You have to try using a different web browser to verify that the problem is not browser related. For note: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are free browsers and are available for all major operating systems.
- You need to connect your PC to the extender via Ethernet cable.
- Set your computer a static IP address. Before you change any network settings, you have to note your current Default gateway (Windows) or Router (Mac) address. Utilize the IP address 192.168.1.249 and the subnet mask 255.255.255.0. For more information about setting up static IP addresses, you are able to read other articles on our site.
- Also, you need to find out how to set a static IP address in Windows
- Please configure TCP/IP and Proxy Settings on Mac OSX (first section only)
If you still cannot access your extender, you have to contact Netgear Support.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…