Have you ever been in a situation when you are interrupted while working on a marketing post or a casual content to share with your followers on Facebook? If this happens to you, you must panic, especially when you forget about everything and have no back up. It would be a shame if it happens when you are almost done with the copy and are ready to publish it.
The good news is that Facebook allows the users like you to store your posts as drafts. It makes it easier for you to save any work that you have not finished. With it, you will be able to add more details later when you have the time. When you are done, you can publish it.
For those who are looking for the ways to find drafts on Facebook app, there are a few ones for you, as follows:
Method 1: Finding drafts on Facebook App when using Windows or Mac desktop
On the official website of Facebook at facebook.com on PC, things are pretty basic. When you are creating a post and you close the post window, the post that you are working on will hang around on your homepage. It will remain there until you do something with it. If you want to access something on the site, you will be asked whether you want to keep editing it or leave it. Basically, your draft will still be available on your homepage in the “What’s on your mind” section unless you close the website.
However, it should be noted that there is a different Draft section that is available on the desktop site which is not available on the Facebook app. Apparently, everyone is allowed to do a few things for the Facebook Pages that they manage, including creating, editing and publishing the drafts. Page editors and admins have the privilege to read, edit, or publish the drafts.
In order to access it, there are several steps to follow, as follows:
- Firstly, you should click on Pages, the one that is located in the left panel of your Feed page.
- After clicking on it, choose the Page for which you want to make and edit drafts.
- Then, choose Publishing Tools in the left panel.
- After that, click on Drafts. By doing so, you will be able to access every previous draft on the right.
- Feel free to choose a draft and click on actions to be able to decide what you want to do with the draft. You can publish, schedule, backdate or delete the draft.
Method 2: Finding drafts on Facebook App when using Android
After saving a post as draft, you will be able to get a notification about your saved draft. If you want to access it, here is step by step that you have to follow:
- The first thing that you need to do is to tap on the bell icon that is found in the Facebook app.
- For those who have not deleted the previous notifications of your saved drafts, all the drafts can be accessed directly from there. In case you deleted the previous drafts, there is nothing to worry as you will be able to click on the latest “You have a saved draft” notification.
- Aside from the way above, there is also another way that you can try, which is to access the “Your draft was saved” notification from the notification bar of your Android phone.
- By clicking on the option, you will be able to see the draft that you just saved. When you tap on “back” you will be taken to the Drafts section where you can access your previous drafts again.
- Please tap on the three dot menu that is located next to the draft that you want to discard or edit and then choose the appropriate option.
- From this, you can continue where you had left off.
It is worth noting that the drafts that are able to be accessed are the ones that are saved in the past three days. It means there is no way to find the drafts that are older than three days as they will be discarded automatically.
Method 3: Finding drafts on Facebook App when using iPhone
After typing about something and choosing the Save Draft option, you will be notified about your draft being saved. To be able to access it, make sure to follow the following guide:
- Firstly, you should tap on the “What’s on your mind” field?”.
- Apparently, anything that you typed and saved will show up before you.
The sad news is that only one draft can be saved on the Facebook iPhone app at a time, which is different compared to Android. It is such a shame because you will not be able to find the previous posts.
For anyone who is an admin or an editor, you have the privilege to create a scheduled post or to edit the one that you created before through Post-scheduling. If you want to find them, you can do it on Facebook web. All the steps are as follows:
- To begin with, go to the official website of Facebook at Facebook.com.
- When you are there, click on the Pages tab from the left sidebar. By doing so you will be able to see all the pages that you manage on Facebook.
- Upon seeing them, click on the one that you want to see scheduled posts of.
- After clicking on it, click on the Publishing Tools. This one is located under the Manage Page sidebar on the left.
- When you see all the published posts, click on the Scheduled Posts tab, the one that is located under Posts from the left column.
- All the Page posts that are scheduled to be posted later should be seen on the screen. Feel free to click on a post to see its preview.
- If you want to edit it, just click on the Actions option on the top right corner of the post preview. The options that you can do include publish, reschedule, cancel schedule, backdate, delete, and create ads.
If you are wondering if you can check your scheduled posts on the Facebook app on iOS or Android, unfortunately, there is no way to do that because the Publishing Tools feature is only available on the Facebook web app.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…