TikTok is a currently popular video-based platform in the world that allows the user to post their short video clips. In some countries such as in India, Bangladesh, etc., however, TikTok has been banned due to some certain reasons. On the other hand, many people in those countries are not ready to let go of TikTok.
As a result, they are trying to look for a smart alternative, so that they can still use TikTok. Many people then finally get started to download a Chinese TikTok app called ‘Douyin’ that is known as the official version of the TikTok app in China. If you really need the guide to download Chinese TikTok apps, you can dive into our post below. Here you go!
Downloading Chinese TikTok App, Here’s How!
You will have to download Douyin app to get Chinese TikTok version regardless of whether or you have TikTok installed on your phone. Just like other media social platforms, you also need to create a new account on Douyin app.
Depending on the device you’re using on both Android and iOS, the way to download and install Chinese TikTok will be different. Of course, make sure to set up the correct settings on each device before changing any, since smartphones do not have the same settings options.
Here’s how to download Chinese TikTok on each device!
If you are using Android and accidentally live in China, you can go to Play Store to download Douyin. Outside China, you may need to download the APK file of this app that you can get from the official site of Douyin or the APKMirror webpage here. You can then install the app on your smartphone and make sure to enjoy making and sharing videos.
Way 1: Download Douyin from official Douyin website
- First, open a web browser on your Android phone.
- Then, visit the official site of Douyin here.
- To download the APK file, you can click on the 立刻下载.
- By clicking this, you will see a pop-up window that says ‘Do you want to keep this file?’. Make sure to tap on ‘OK’ to start downloading the APK files.
- Tap on ‘Download’ if you get a download prompt.
- Once successfully downloading the APK file, you can pull down your notification panel.
- Then, tap the ‘Install’ button.
- Make sure to grant permission to ‘Allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.’
- Tap on ‘Settings’ on the pop-up screen.
- Then, turn on the toggle beside the ‘Allow from this source’.
- You can now go to the ‘File Manager’ app on your phone and then tap on the Douyin APK file.
- Make sure to tap on ‘Install’ in the prompt message which says ‘Do you want to install this application’.
Well, the Chinese TikTok app will take a few minutes to be installed on your Android phone. Afterwards, you can create an account and start using it.
Way 2: Download Douyin from APKmirror
- First, open a web browser on your Android device or click the link here.
- Once you are at APKmirror webpage, you can scroll down and search for the latest Douyin APK file.
- You can then tap on the latest version and then click on ‘Download APK’.
- On the pop-up screen, you can tap on the ‘Download’ button.
- Then, tap on ‘OK’ if a pop-up message appears that says ‘Do you want to keep this file?’
- After downloading, you can then tap on the APK File and follow the instruction of installing Douyin of the previous method.
It may take a few minutes to be installed on your Android phone. After successfully installing the Chinese TikTok app on your device, you can then create an account and start using it.
If you are an iOS user and want to download Chinese TikTok on your device, you can really get it easily. Keep in mind, as per certain restrictions, you’re not allowed to download and install the Douyin app from the App Store, unless you live in China.
Alternatively, you can select to change your region to China mainland temporarily. Okay, you need to do the following steps to download Douyin on iOS:
- First, go to the App Store on your iOS device.
- Once you are at the App Store, you need to choose your ‘Profile icon’ located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- You can now select your Apple ID or your name to open your account.
- Then, click on the ‘Country/ Region’ from the list of options.
- Choose ‘Change country or region’ in the next screen.
- In the following page, you will see a list of countries, make sure to select ‘China Mainland’.
- By doing so, you will receive a prompt on your screen regardless of your Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions. Make sure to choose ‘Agree’ to confirm your agreement to those terms.
- You will then be required to provide some information such as your phone number, your billing address, etc. You definitely can use a random address generator to fill in the details.
- Then, click on ‘Next’ and the region will then be changed to China mainland.
- You can now install the Douyin app, Chinese TikTok, on your device from the Appstore.
That’s how to download and install Chinese TikTok on iOS. If you have successfully installed Douyin app on your iOS device, make sure to change the region back to your original location.
Are Douyin and TikTok the Same?
In many ways, Douyin, Chinese TikTok is identical to the international TikTok app. However, Bytedance has managed to separate both, one which sticks to local policies in China, the other without it.
However, both apps have similar user interfaces that show videos under two streams ‘Following’ and ‘For You’. To make it easier for you to distinguish both, there are some minor differences between both, including:
- The Chinese TikTok app, Douyin, is only available in China, whereas the TikTok app is available globally.
- Douyin provides more features like the wallet features allowing the user to buy things through the Douyin app.
- Douyin allows celebrity interaction with fans.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…