If you have not finished your post but you have already pressed the send button, do not worry, there is a great solution for you. Apparently, Google has provided a way to anticipate this case. Google Mail has provided a permanent “Undo Send” feature in the web version of Gmail. Of course, this feature is very beneficial.
This “Undo Send” feature will let the users retrieve a sent email within a certain time after the message is sent. However, that is currently turned off by default for those who do not use Gmail Labs.
How to Enable ‘Undo Send’ in Gmail on Laptop/Computer?
Here is a way to enable ‘Undo Send’ in Gmail on laptop/computer:
- At the first step, navigate to Settings in Gmail. Click the mechanical gear icon button. Then, choose “Settings.”
- After that, scroll down and look for the name “Undo Send” and then choose “Enable Undo Send.” Please adjust the time required for the Gmail undo send.
- The last step, click the “Save Changes” button to save your new settings.
Well, the text above is a simple way to enable ‘Undo Send’ in Gmail on a laptop or computer. Now, you will not need to worry again if you have not finished your post but you have already pressed the send button, simply you can follow these steps above.
In addition, here we will also share a way to unsend an email in Gmail on a Mobile device (iPhone, iPad, or Android). If you want to know that information, do not hesitate to continue reading the text below.
How To Unsend an Email in Gmail on a Mobile Device (iPhone, iPad, or Android)?
Actually, the process to unsend an email in Gmail on iPhone, iPad, or Android device is the same. Here is how to do that:
- After you send an email, usually a sent notification will appear at the bottom of the screen alongside an Undo option.
- Now, you can tap Undo. Then, the message will unsend. And, you will be taken to a screen to re-compose the message.
For note: Currently, there is not a setting option in the Gmail mobile app that allows you to adjust the cancellation period for messages. In the Gmail app, the unsend feature is set at an unchangeable five seconds.
How Much Time Do You Have to Recall an Email?
It depends on you and your settings. If you want to check, or change, you can go to Gmail. Then, settings, and ‘see all settings’. From there, you will see a ‘send cancellation period’ next to ‘undo send’ where you will be able to choose from 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds. Unfortunately, there is no way to recall an email once that time period has passed.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…