For Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 based OS users who have enabled fast boot mode, sometimes, it is hard for you to restart the system and to enter the BIOS. Fortunately, there is a simple software provided by MSI with the function to set the fast boot feature from the OS, or to ask the motherboard to enter the BIOS from the OS.
If you are interested in MSI Fast Boot and want to download it, the first thing that you have to do is to visit a site such as Software Informer. On its front page, you will be able to find the Search box located at the top center of the page. Please type in the keyword such as “MSI Fast Boot”, press Enter, and the result will be shown. In the page of MSI Fast Boot, scroll a little bit to see a green Download button. You will need to press on this button to be directed to the page where you can get to download the thing called MSI Fast Boot.
After you have downloaded the MSI Fast Boot, it is time for you to install it. First of all, you will have to save the downloadable package on the accessible location such as your desktop. Then, unzip the file and enter the newly made directory. On the next step, you will need to find and double click on the available setup file. Please allow Windows to run the file if needed. Do not forget to read the EULA or End User License Agreement and agree to proceed with the installation process. After that, follow the on-screen guide. Lastly, close the wizard and perform a system reboot so that the changes will take effect.
MSI Fast Boot refers to a software program developed by MSI Co., LTD. The most common release of it is 22.214.171.124, with more than 98% of all installations currently using this version. During the setup, this one makes a startup registration point in Windows to automatically start when anyone boots the computer. Once you have installed the MSI Fast Boot, the software adds a Windows service that is designed to run continuously in the background. Manually stopping the service has been known as the cause the program to stop functioning properly.
MSI Fast Boot adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this one can be done via the service manager. In general, the setup package installs about 9 files and is normally about 5.28 MB or 5,533,137 bytes if you count it in total. Due to the overall usage of the users who have installed it on the PCs, they are mostly running Windows 10 and Windows 7 (SP1). 48% of the MSI Fast Boot users are from the United States, while it is also really popular in France and Germany.
- Website: www.msi.com
- Installation folder: C:\Program Files \MSI\Fast Boot\
- Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\MSI\Fast Boot\unins001.exe
- Estimated size: 5.28 MB
Files installed by MSI Fast Boot:
- Driver_Engine.dll (by MSI)
- FastBootService.exe (by MSI) – FastBoot Service (FastBootService)
- NTIOLib.sys – NTIOLib
- Acpimof.dll (by Windows ® Win 7 DDK provider) – Windows ® Win 7 DDK driver (Resource only DLL containing MOF for ASL
- FastBoot.exe (by Micro-Star INT’L CO.,LTD) – Fast Boot
- Unins000.exe – Setup/Uninstall
- Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- Startup File (All Users Run)
- Startup File (User Run)
Resource utilization averages:
- Memory: 1.5 MB (21.09 MB average)
- Total CPU: 0.0000453892% (0.031193% average)
- In-Game Weapons: Gaming Hotkey, X-Boost, Voice Boost
- EX Debug Weapons: Easiest method to troubleshoot
- Multi-GPU: With Steel Armor PCI-E slots. It supports 2 way AMD Crossfire
- VR Ready: The best virtual game experience
- Gaming certified: 24 hour on and offline game and motherboard testing by eSPorts players
- Supports 8th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold and Celeron processors for Socket LGA 1151
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 2666MHz
- Mystic Light and Sync: Personalize your PC with 16.8 million colors or 10 effects controlled in one click with the Mystic Light APP or a mobile device
- Audio Boost with Nahamic: Bless your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Turbo M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. Intel Turbo USB 3.1 Gen2
- DDR4 Boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming performance and stability
- Gaming LAN powered by Intel: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management
- Click BIOS 5: Award winning BIOs with high resolution scalable font, favorites and search function
MSI Fast Boot is a good help to make your system boost lightning fast. It features a go2bios button. You can just simply click it to restart your PC and go. Please boot up the sequence so Windows loads faster.
MSI Fast Boot is one of the tools provided by MSI to complete the motherboard Z97 MPOWER MAX AC. Apart from MSI Fast Boot, there are some other ones provided by MSI, including MSI Command Center, MSI Command Center RAMDisk, Command Center Remote Server, MSI Eco Center, DirectOC, and Command Center Lite.
MSI Command Center is the name of the utility that can be used to monitor any kind of system parameter. Besides, it also offers to change a lot of variables, ranging from the speed of the CPU to the speed of every fan installed on the fan connector.
The good news is that the Utility Command Center is also able to be used to make a RAM Disk that will allocate some system memory to be used as a fast storage. For those who need a temporary working drive to save temporary files such as photoshop scratch disk or browser cache, RAM Disk is good to fasten the performance of the system due to its high rate.
Command Center Remove Server has the ability to control or monitor the system parameters of your mobile handled. Unfortunately, even though this app is quite interesting, sometimes, it is hard to connect smartphones with this motherboard.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…