In this modern era, everything can be done online, including borrowing something. Talking about borrowing something, there is an interesting website called Lending Tree, this one is described as an online lending marketplace. With it, the potential borrowers get a chance to connect with multiple loan operations so that they can find optional terms for loans, credit cards, deposit accounts, insurance, and so on. The users can browse through the list of online loan categories such as student, house, personal, auto or business. After that, they can apply for the loan as they fit.
While it is true that Lending Tree is useful for some people who need it, some of them may also feel annoyed about it after using it, to the point they want to delete their Lending Tree account. There are a number of possible reasons that make these users annoyed by Lending Tree. One of them is they keep getting spammed with the emails by the company. As they find these emails are not important and annoying, it makes sense that they want to delete their Lending Tree account.
If you are one of these users who want to delete Lending Tree account, there are a few methods that you can try, as follows:
Method 1: Delete Lending Tree account through the website
The first method to delete your Lending Tree account is through the official website of Lending Tree. Here is step by step to follow:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the official website of Lending Tree at https://www.lendingtree.com/.
- When you are on its homepage, scroll down until you find the Contact Us button. It is located at the bottom left side of the page.
- By choosing this option, you will be taken to the Contact LendingTree page.
- On the Contact LendingTree page, you need to choose your topic. The topics to choose from include Opt out of phone calls, Update email preferences, Share some feedback, Report an issue, Technical assistance, Partnerships and Affiliate Program Opportunities, and Other. If you have no idea what to choose, you are advised to choose Technical assistance.
- When you choose Technical assistance as the option, you will be able to see more options below. Upon seeing these options, click on any option that best describes your issue.
- After choosing one of them, you will see an information form that you will have to fill in. please enter your email address and phone number.
- Then, enter your reason to delete your account in the comment box or question box.
- Make sure to check again all credentials that you have given and then fill up the check and then click on the Submit button.
Take note that you will be contacted within 72 hours after submitting your request. When the time passes, your account will be deleted.
Method 2: Delete Lending Tree account by sending email
The second method to delete your Lending Tree account is by sending email. If you want to try this method, you can follow the following instructions:
- First of all, you should open your email account that is registered with an account.
- Then, compose an email and address it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the subject, you can enter “Request to delete my account”.
- Afterward, it is time for you to write an email that requests them to delete your account from their database and to delete all your information with them.
- Once you are done with everything, you can just hit the Send button and then wait for the response.
In case you feel blank of what to write down on your email, below is an example that you can use as reference:
Dear (Company Name) Team,
I have an account in your database with the name ……………. and the email address that is linked to the account is ………………..
Meanwhile, for some reason, I have decided not to use the account again, therefore I request that you kindly delete my account from your database and also wipe all notifications if any.
Method 3: Delete Lending Tree account through phone call
Aside from deleting Lending Tree account through the website and by sending email, you can also try to delete your Lending Tree account by phone call. According to the customer care of Lending Tree, it is possible for the customer like you to call them. When you get to call them, make sure to tell them all reasons that you have for the deletion of your account. Not only that, you will also have to request them to delete your account. The customer service phone number of Lending Tree is 800-813-4620. This number is available to be called from Monday to Thursday between 8 AM to 9 PM EST. Apart from that, you can also dial the number on Friday between 8 AM to 8 PM EST. If you are wondering if it is okay to call on Saturday, go on as it is available on that day from 10 AM to 7 PM EST.
After deleting your Lending Tree account, you may also want to delete the Lending Tree app from your mobile phone. Below is the method from Android:
- Firstly, you can tap and hold the symbol of the Lending Tree app.
- Then drag it to the highest point of the screen where you see Uninstall.
- Next, go to Settings > Apps and choose Lending Tree before tapping Uninstall.
If you want to uninstall the app from Android, try the following:
- First of all, go to Google Play.
- When you are there, press the menu symbol located on the left corner.
- Then, go to My applications and games.
- Afterward, go to the tab named Installed.
- There, you will see the rundown of every application introduced on your phone. Just tap the Lending Tree.
- Lastly, tap Uninstall on the subsequent screen.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…