There is no doubt that Spotify is included in the list of one of the best and the most popular streaming platforms in the world. It has been dominating the market since day one it was released. While it still has so many followings, there are some of them who want to cancel their Spotify Premium subscription due to several reasons. Some of them think that it is too expensive, some have found a better streaming platform, while some others are tired of this platform as it is full of controversies such as Justice at Spotify and the array of information that flooded in from the Joe Rogan podcast.
Unfortunately, Spotify makes it a bit harder to cancel the Spotify Premium subscription. Apparently, there is no way to cancel the subscription from the app itself. However, you will still be able to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription by following the methods below:
Method 1: Cancel Spotify Premium subscription on desktop and web player
Apparently, canceling Spotify Premium subscription on desktop and web player requires you to use a browser. If you want to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription on either of these two, you can follow the following guide:
- First of all, you should open the display name dropdown menu. It can be done by clicking the downward facing arrow at the top.
- Then, click Account. By doing so, you will be directed to your Spotify account page in your browser.
- When you are on your Spitify account page, choose the Available plans tab from the menu on the left.
- After that, scroll down until you see Spotify Free.
- Upon finding it, choose Cancel Premium.
- In the next step, choose Continue to cancel. By following the step, you will be taken to the last page called Cancel Premium.
- When you are on a page titled Cancel Premium, please choose Yes, cancel in order to finalize your decision and opt-out of your current subscription.
Method 2: Cancel Spotify Premium subscription on Android
Just like the desktop and web player versions of Spotify, the mobile versions of it will also require you to use a browser to cancel your Spotify Premium membership. For those who want to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription on Android, the instructions that you have to follow include:
- The first thing that you have to do is to open a web browser on your Android device. Feel free to use the default web browser or the likes of Google Chrome, Firefox, or a different web browser.
- When it opens, it is time for you to go to the account page of Spotify at https://accounts.spotify.com.
- When you are there, you will have to log in to your Spotify account with the email address and the password that are associated with your Spotify account. For those who signed up through Facebook, it will be needed for you to tap the blue button that says “Log In with Facebook” instead.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your Spotify account, the next thing that you have to do is to tap Account Settings. This one is able to be found below your profile image when you log in through Facebook. By tapping it, you will be taken to the Spotify web page.
- The second thing that you need to tap is Subscription. This one is located in the sidebar to the left of the Spotify page. By tapping it, you will be able to see your subscription and payment information.
- Then, tap Change or Cancel. It is the green button that is located at the top of the page.
- After tapping Change or Cancel, you have to tap Cancel Premium. This one is the button across from Spotify free under the header that says Spotify Free.
- The last thing that you need to do is to tap Yes, Cancel. This one is the black button to the right under the header that says Cancel Premium. Tapping this means you agree that you want to cancel Spotify Premium and return your account back to the free account after your current billing cycle is over. In the process, you will be asked about the reason why you want to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription. If you want to fill out the survey, just answer the questions and when you are done, do not forget to tap Submit at the bottom of the page.
Method 3: Cancel Spotify Premium subscription on iPhone
In addition to the two methods above, it is also possible to cancel Spotify Premium subscription on iPhone. Depending on how you subscribed to Spotify, this method can be done by using either a mobile browser or iTunes. Below is step by step to follow to be able to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription on iPhone:
- Firstly, you have to open any browser such as Safari and Google Chrome and then go to the official website of Spotify at https://www.spotify.com. Keep in mind that there is no way to cancel or close your account using the mobile app so it is the only option for those who signed up for Spotify Premium on the web or with the mobile app.
- There, tap the three lines icon located in the upper right corner.
- Then, tap Log In.
- In the next step, enter your username or email address and password.
- When you are done, tap LOG IN or LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK if you use Facebook to sign in.
- The sixth step is to tap the Account Overview drop-down menu. This one is located at the top of the page. By doing so, a drop-down menu will be opened.
- When the drop-down menu opens, tap Subscription.
- Next, tap CHANGE OR CANCEL.
- After that, tap CANCEL PREMIUM.
- Lastly, tap YES, CANCEL.
Just like that, your Spotify Premium subscription will be canceled. However, you will still be able to access it until the end of the current billing cycle.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…