LA Fitness is a good gym chain for people who want to stay fit and healthy. However, the cost of health and wellness subscriptions like gym membership can add up very quickly. If you are a member of an LA Fitness gym, you are going to be billed every month for the membership. If you do not need to use the equipment or services of the gym, you are able to cancel your LA Fitness membership. By the way, how to cancel a LA Fitness membership?
Cancel LA Fitness Membership – Here’s Way
Actually, the process of canceling LA Fitness membership is easy. There are some steps you can do to cancel your LA Fitness membership.
Obtaining the Cancellation Form
- You are able to log in to your LA Fitness online account. Please visit https://www.lafitness.com/. In the top toolbar, scroll over “Member Tools” to bring up the dropdown menu. After that, click on “My LA Fitness” and enter your LA Fitness account details. If you do not have an account, on the bottom right of the screen, you are able to make one by clicking the “Create an online account” button. When making a new account, you will need to input your membership tag number that can be found on your membership card. If you do not know your membership tag number, you are able to ask an employee at an LA Fitness to provide it to you.
- After that, click a Cancellation Form and then fill it out. After you get into your LA Fitness account details, you are going to see a link for a cancellation form on the right side of the screen. The cancellation form includes fields for all of the personal details that you provided to LA Fitness including your name, phone number and address. Please print out the form and fill in all the fields. Ensure that all the information on your cancellation form is accurate.
- Get a cancellation form from an LA Fitness gym rather than online. If you cannot print the cancellation form yourself or you are already at the gym, you are able to obtain a cancellation form from an employee at the gym you go to. Please sign in using your membership card and ask for a membership cancellation form. If you have any additional questions regarding the cancellation, you are able to ask the employee.
Canceling Your LA Fitness Membership
After you obtain a Cancellation Form, then you are able to mail in your cancellation form using certified mail. If you use certified mail, you are going to receive a receipt when LA Fitness receives the form. Please fold the form in half and stick in an envelope with a stamp. You are able to take the letter to the post office and then send the form to “LA Fitness, PO Box 54170, Irvine, CA 92619-4170” by using certified mail. If your letter is postmarked five or more business days before your next billing date, you will not receive another bill. In other cases, if the letter is postmarked close to the billing date, then you may be charged again.
- You are able to fax your cancellation form rather than mailing it. If you are unsure of the fax number for your gym, you are able to call your gym or ask an employee in person. Please take the filled-out cancellation form and then fax it to the number provided to you, ensuring to save the fax receipt. The gym will initiate the membership cancellation
- Also, you are able to talk to the operations manager to cancel your LA Fitness membership in person. Please visit or call the gym and then ask to speak to the operations manager. You have to set up a time to meet with them and then explain why you want to cancel and give them the cancellation form. Usually, the Operations managers are available in each gym from Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- You are able to call customer service to verify that your LA Fitness membership has been canceled. Please wait 48 hours for your cancellation form to be processed. You are able to call the corporate number at 888-601-5870. Please ask the customer service representative whether your LA Fitness membership has been successfully canceled. If your LA Fitness membership has not been canceled, just explain your circumstances and give them receipt numbers and dates when you submitted your cancellation. Simply, you are also able to visit https://www.lafitness.com/Pages/ContactUs.aspx and input your zip code to discover the local number you may call to check the status of your cancellation.
- In addition, you have to call your bank or card company if you continue to get charged. If LA Fitness refuses to cancel your LA Fitness membership and you still cannot get a hold of them, you are able to call your bank or credit card provider to stop recurring charges on your accounts. Please explain to the bank that you tried to cancel your LA Fitness membership but that LA Fitness does not cancel it. They are going to stop future charges to your card. Also, you are able to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
- You are able to consider freezing your LA Fitness account rather than canceling. If you are not going to use your LA Fitness membership in the next 30 days but you want to use the gym in the future, it may be worth it to freeze your LA Fitness account rather than canceling. For your information, freezing your LA Fitness account costs $10 per month, however it will prevent you from having to pay start-up fees if you want to start using the gym again.
Can You Get a Refund After Cancelling Your LA Fitness Membership?
Unfortunately, you cannot get a refund after canceling your LA Fitness membership. If you request a cancellation before the end of the billing cycle, you are still able to use the LA Fitness services until the new cycle begins. But, asking for a refund will not help.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…