You may want to watch Discovery Plus on DIRECTV. But, is it possible? If it is possible, you need to know what channel Discovery Plus on DIRECTV is.
The information that I got from DIRECTV is Discovery HD, not Discovery Plus. According to the DIRECTV site, Discovery HD is on channel 278. If you want to watch Discovery Plus on DIRECTV, you cannot do that because the Discovery Plus channel is not available on DIRECTV.
As explained on the themescene.tv, Discovery Plus is an independent streaming service and it works the same way as other streaming services such as Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and more. On that site, it is also explained that Discovery PLus streaming is not available on satellite streaming platforms, including DIRECTV. Even though it is easy for us to think that Discovery Plus would be on DIRECTV because it is a satellite tv service that allows users to be able to access a lot of channels.
However, on themescene.tv, it is explained further that even though Discovery Plus is not available on DIRECTV, it does not mean that you are not able to watch the Discovery channel networks completely with your subscription. There is an opportunity for you to watch some Discovery Channel networks as long as you have a subscription for Premier, Entertainment, Choice or Ultimate.
According to the Its Daily Tech site, if you want to channel several Discovery Plus on DIRECTV, here it is.
- DirecTV Channel 278 (HD)
- Channel 1278 (VOD)
And here are channel number of Discovery on some other satellite television platforms.
- Verizon FiOS Channel 120 (SD) Channel 620 (HD)
- Dish Network Channel 182 (HD)
Subscribing Discovery Plus to Enjoy All Shows on Discovery Plus
The best decision to be able to watch all shows which are available on Discovery Plus is to subscribe to Discovery Plus. Discovery Plus offers two subscription plans and you are able to choose which suits your budget. If you want to subscribe, Discovery Plus offers you to stream with your 7-day free trial. The subscription plans which are offered by Discovery Plus include:
- $4.99/ month
- $6.99/ month (ad-free)
Before you decide to subscribe, it is important for you to know that your subscription will renew automatically every month and if you want to cancel your Discovery subscription, you can do that anytime.
The Process to Subscribe Discovery Plus
Is it your first time to subscribe to Discovery Plus? If so, here is the process to subscribe to Discovery Plus.
- First, you have to sign up at discoveryplus.com or you are able to download the app on your device and then sign up there.
- After that, the thing that you need to do is to click on the Start Free Trial button on the Discovery Plus homepage. By clicking on this button, you have permission to stream for 7 days for free and after that you will be billed with your actual monthly subscription.
- In this step, you must choose a plan. As explained earlier, there are two options of subscription plans and you are able to choose the best one for you.
- Because you are a new user, you need to create an account to sign up for Discovery Plus. You are required to enter your username and password in the appropriate fields and then you must click on the Agree and Continue button.
- After creating an account successfully, then you must give your Billing information and then you must add the important details to authenticate the payment. You can select a payment option that is best for you either Credit Card or PayPal.
- And now, you must click the Agree and Continue button to confirm the subscription.
Upgrading or Downgrading Discovery Plus Subscription Plan
If you wish to upgrade your Discovery Plus subscription, you can do that. For the web, Xbox One or Samsung Smart TV, upgrading your subscription can be done by following the steps below.
- First, you must access the discoveryplus.com from your computer or mobile phone. Then, you must sign in by using your discovery+ email address and password.
- After that, you must choose the account icon which is able to be found at the top right of your screen so that you can open the dropdown menu.
- Here, you must choose “Account” from the drop down menu.
- On the “Manage Your Account” screen, you must choose “Change Plan” in the Plans section.
- And now, you must choose the Ad-Free plan.
How about downgrading subscriptions? If you want to downgrade Discovery Plus for web, Xbox One or Samsung Smart TV, you can do that by following the steps below.
- First, you need to access discoveryplus.com from your mobile phone or computer and then you need to sign in by using your discovery+ email address and password.
- Now, you need to choose the account icon which is located at the top right of your screen to open the dropdown menu.
- In this step, you need to choose “Account” from the dropdown menu.
- Here, on the “Manage Your Account” screen, you must choose “Change Plan” in the Plans section.
- Then, choose the Ad-Lite plan.
For Android, you are able to upgrade your Discovery Plus subscription by following the steps below.
- First, you have to open the sidebar menu using the hamburger button from Google Play Store.
- After that, you must click Subscriptions.
- Then, you need to click the Discovery+ app.
- In this step, you have to click Cancel.
- And here, you must return to the Discovery+ app and select the Ad-Free plan.
To downgrade Discovery Plus subscription for Android, you can follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do, from Google Play Store, you need to open the sidebar menu by using the hamburger button.
- After that, you need to click on the Subscriptions.
- In this step, you have to click on the Discovery+ app.
- And here, you need to click on the Cancel.
- Finally, you need to go back into the Discovery+ app and then you need to choose the Ad-Lite plan.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…