Spotify is one of the biggest music streaming service platforms in the world right now. But it does not mean it is free from streaming errors and playback problems. One of the most Spotify problems you can encounter when using the Spotify app is login not working, or if not, the password reset link does not work so that you cannot change your password to log in.
The Password Reset Link Does Not Work
You may have received the email, however the password reset link does not work. And a message appears saying “Your password reset link is invalid, or has already been used”, then they will have to try to send you a new link. After you receive the message, without clicking on the link itself you have to follow the following steps:
- At the first step, you have to go to the message of Re-establish password that you have received by mail.
- After that, right-click on the link Reset password and choose the Copy link option.
- You are able to open a private browsing tab or incognito mode in your browser.
- Next, paste the link you have copied and press Enter to access.
- If the page loads correctly right now, you will be able to follow the steps to reset your password.
Why Can’t Log in or Reset Forgotten Spotify Password?
Apparently, there are some reasons when you cannot sign in or reset your Spotify login and use a forgotten password. The first is when you did not accept any reset email. Another case is when there is no account associated with the email address you submitted. Several Spotify users used an old email address. They forgot their email address or they have no access to them anymore. For each reason, you are able to do something to solve the Spotify problem. You have to identify what type of issue you are facing right now.
How to Solve the Login or Reset Password Not Working Problem in Spotify?
Of course, it is annoying if you encounter an error signing in to your Spotify account when all you want to do is to stream your favorite songs. However, the best recourse right now is to try to solve it one step at a time.
One method to address the Spotify password and login problems is to reset or change your password via the Spotify Password Reset page. Simply, you are able to go to http://www.spotify.com/password-reset and submit your account email address. Now, you are able to check your inbox and click the reset link on your mail. You are able to submit a new password for your Spotify account.
In other cases, if you do not see any password reset mail on your email, then you are able to check other folders in your email client. Please browse through your junk or spam folders. And try to refresh your email client. If none works, you are able to try entering your email address again on the Spotify password reset page. Now, if the reset link does not work, you are able to copy the link from Spotify’s email message. Please try to open a private browsing tab on your browser and enter the link there. You are able to enter your new password.
How to Change or Reset Your Spotify Password Using the Spotify Website?
Now, we are going to explain how to change your Spotify password using the Spotify site. And if you have forgotten or lost your password, we are going to inform you the way to reset the password for your Spotify account.
To change your password using the Spotify website:
- At the first step, you have to go to https://www.spotify.com in your Web browser. Remember that you cannot change your password using the mobile app.
- Then, click the Login button.
- Now, you are able to enter your username/email address and password. If you use Facebook to log in to your Spotify account, you will not have a Spotify password to change, however you are able to change your Facebook password.
- Please click the Login button.
- Now, click your username. It is located in the lower-left part of the window.
- Please click Account. If Spotify opens into a Web player, then you may need to click View Account first.
- Please scroll down and click Change Password. It is next to a padlock icon in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- In this step, you need to enter your current password in the top field.
- Please enter a new password in the next field.
- Afterwards, you have to re-type the new password in the bottom field.
- Lastly, you are able to click Set New Password. Finally, your password will be updated.
To reset your password:
- At the first step, you are able to go to http://www.spotify.com/password-reset in a Web browser.
- After that, type your Spotify username or email address in the field. Please be sure to use the email address associated with your Spotify account.
- Now, click SEND. An email is going to be sent to the email address affiliated with your Spotify membership.
- You have to check your email and open the message from Spotify.
- Then, click the link in the email.
- In this step, you have to enter a new password in the labeled field.
- Please re-type your new password.
- Lastly, you are able to click Set Password. Finally, your password has been changed.
How To Solve Spotify Can’t Access Account Error?
For those who have been using an old email address on your Spotify, you have to try to recover access to it. If you cannot open the email address, then you may want to log in by using your Facebook account. Also, you are able to contact Spotify regarding your access issue. If none of the methods work, the last solution is to make a new account on Spotify and start fresh. We know that no one wants this. So, here is hoping that you solve the login problem on your Spotify account.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…