Roblox is introducing a new voice chat feature named “Spatial Voice,” starting with an invitation-only beta for certain developers, the gaming platform announced a few days ago.
Roblox Voice Chat – Spatial Voice (Beta)
What is Spatial Voice (Beta)? You have to know that Spatial Voice is a feature which offers the users to engage in voice chat within the spatial voice experiences on Roblox platform. Because this new feature is in beta testing, now the feature is only available to eligible developers aged 13+. The eligible users have the ability to use the Spatial Voice by agreeing to the use of their microphone to gather and share their voice.
The users who are not part of this beta test will not have change to their experience. Also, they will not be able to hear or speak with other users via Spatial Voice (Beta) at this time. Please continue reading the information below to discover when Spatial Voice (Beta) may be available for you in the future.
How to enable or participate in Spatial Voice (Beta)?
While the Spatial Voice is in its initial testing phase, the eligible users are going to get a Private Message on their Roblox account with information on how to participate in the Spatial Voice. Formerly, Spatial Voice (Beta) is only going to be available in the Roblox Community Space experience. Finally, the developers will be able to enable Spatial Voice (Beta) in their own experiences. At that time, the eligible users in the Spatial Voice are going to get a notification once they join an experience which has enabled voice chat. For note: Roblox and their Customer Support team will not be able to add users by request. You have to watch for future announcements to see when Spatial Voice may be available for you.
How can I tell who has a Spatial Voice?
While Spatial Voice is in its current testing phase, the eligible users in an experience are going to see a microphone icon next to the user name and above the character of other users who have voice chat enabled. The users will not be able to view who does or does not have the Spatial Voice.
How to mute, block, or report abuse for the Spatial Voice?
To mute another user’s voice chat:
You are able to mute another user in a Spatial Voice (Beta) experience by clicking the microphone icon which will appear over their character’s head. Remember that mutes only apply to voice chat and not text chat. Also, it will only last while you are in that game session.
To block Blocking another user:
You are able to block another user in a Spatial Voice (Beta) experience to prevent other users from engaging with you in voice chat or text chat. So, if you really want to block another user, just do that.
To report abuse:
You will be able to use the Report Abuse feature in a game to report the specific chat or other content which violates the rules of Roblox. Here are steps to report a user in-game:
- At the first step, you have to choose the Menu button which is located at the upper left of the screen.
- After that, you are able to choose the flag icon which is located next to a user’s name, or select the Report tab at the top of the menu.
- For Game or Player? Please choose the Player tab.
- The next step is to choose the Which Player pull-down menu, and find the username to report.
- Now, you are able to choose the Type of Abuse pull-down menu, and find the inappropriate action.
- You will be able to write the additional details in the Short Description box.
- The last step, choose Submit to finalize.
Reporting other content:
In addition, some of you may want to report other content. To report an item in the catalog of Roblox such as a t-shirt, model or game pass which is breaking the rules, you are able to choose the three dots button, and then choose Report item and fill out the form.
How to disable the Spatial Voice (Beta)?
To disable the Spatial Voice (Beta) feature, simply you are able to follow the instructions below:
- At the first step, you have to go to Account Settings.
- After that, you have to choose the Privacy Tab
- Now, you are able to toggle the Spatial Voice selector to OFF.
- The toggle is going to turn from green to grey, showing that voice chat has been disabled for your account.
- While you are in the Spatial Voice, you are able to toggle it back on at any time to re-enable the voice chat.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…