Recently, there are many Roblox players who talk about Blocky Roblox Avatar. By the way, how to make Roblox Avatar blocky? If you really want to know the way to make Roblox Avatar blocky, please read the following text.
Making Roblox Avatar blocky by default
Now, we are going to explain the way to make Roblox Avatar blocky by default. There are several steps to do:
- At the first step, you have to go to Roblox studio, and in the home page find the game settings, and then press on it.
- When you get to the settings page, you have to find the avatar page and simply press on it.
- After that, you are able to find the avatar type, then change from r15 to r6.
- The next step that you have to do is to go to Explorer. In the workspace, you have to add a script.
- To add script, just paste this script below:
while true do
for i = 1, #c do
for ii = 1, #cc do
if cc[ii].className==”CharacterMesh” then
About Roblox Avatars
In the Roblox platform, every player is given an avatar automatically. An avatar is a human-like character which, by default, reflects the player’s appearance in all Roblox games. Avatars are able to be customized with different body parts, clothing, skin colors, accessories, animations, and more. This gives the players almost endless choices to express their individual style, although you are eventually in control and can enforce a specific appearance for all avatars in your game.
Roblox Avatar Types
Apparently, there are two types of Roblox avatars: R6 Roblox Avatar and R15 Roblox Avatar. By the way, what is R6 Roblox Avatar? Need to know that R6 Roblox avatar is constructed of 6 parts, providing them a limited range of animated motion. While R15 Roblox avatars will expand the movement range by splitting the body into 15 parts.
Construction of R6 Roblox avatars:
- Left Arm
- Right Arm
- Left Leg
- Right Leg
Construction of R15 Roblox avatars:
Roblox Avatar – Body Scaling
R15 Roblox avatars offer a customizable body type, width, height, head size, and proportions.
|Body Type||Value from 0 percent (blocky, toy-like characters) to 100 percent (tall, human-like characters). A body type of 100 percent is occasionally called Rthro. Bundles tagged RTHRO in the Catalog are going to set the body type to 100 percent when equipped, however they are still able to be used with any body type and any other avatar parts.|
|Width/Height||The relative width and height of the avatar. Width is constrained to values between 70-100 percents, while height is constrained to values between 90-105 percents.|
|Head||The relative scale of the avatar’s head to its body, constrained between values of 95-100 percents.|
|Proportions||When set to 0 percent, the overall body proportions are taller and wider with broad shoulders. When set to 100 percent, the body proportions are narrower and shorter with slender shoulders.|
Roblox Character Scaling
Since Roblox released an avatar customization feature, the players of Roblox will be able to customize their avatar size.
How to configure your avatar’s scale?
To customize your avatar size, there are several steps that you have to do:
- At the first step, you need to click “Avatar” in the Roblox site’s sidebar to go to the Avatar Customizer. You need to be R15 to change your scale. Thus ensure that your Roblxo Avatar type is set to R15.
- Below the Avatar Type, you are going to see a section entitled “Scaling” (with a sliding scale for Height and Width).
- After that, you need to move the scales up or down to make a unique character build for your avatar. Your Roblox avatar is going to have a height between 95 percent and 105 percent of the standard height, and will have a width between 75 percent and 100 percent of the standard width.
- The scale you choose will show in your avatar image, and in any game which supports R15 avatars.
Warning: Most packages only work with R6 at the moment. If you switch to R15, then your avatar is going to appear blocky. Now, Roblox has updated all existing packages to work with R15 Roblox Avatar.
How to scale in Roblox Studio?
All games which support R15 avatars allow the players to use the avatar scale which they set on the Avatar page (By default). If your game only allows R6 avatar, the avatars are always going to be the default height and width. To identify if your game allows scaling:
- Please go to the Develop page.
- After that, you need to click on the “Games” menu.
- The next step that you have to do is to open the dropdown menu next to your game and click “Configure Game”
In the “Basic Settings” tab, you will be able to see two sections labeled “Avatar Type Options” and “Avatar Scaling Options.” To allow the players for using the scale which they have set, just set “Avatar Type Options” to R15 and “Avatar Scaling Options” to “Player Choice.” The games which allow R15 avatars default to the “Player Choice” setting.
In Roblox Studio, games offer more size customization. Now, the Developers of Roblox have access to four new Number Value objects in the humanoid of R15 avatars: Body Depth Scale, Body Height Scale, Body Width Scale, and Head Scale. Changing those values are going to scale the character by multiplying the original size by the current value for that dimension. The body parts of the humanoid are going to be scaled in all three dimensions while the Head Scale is going to scale the head uniformly. Once using the scripts in your Roblox game, then you will not be restricted to the Avatar Customizer page’s scale limits.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…