You may have just subscribed to Netflix and now you want to watch a movie or tv shows, but you want to download it so that you are able to watch offline. How to do that? You are able to download titles to watch offline by following the steps that are presented below according to the Netflix site.
Devices for Downloading Netflix App
To be able to watch tv shows or movies offline on Netflix, you have to download them from the Netflix app. How to download the Netflix app? First, you have to remember that you have to download the latest version of the Netflix app to be able to download from Netflix on the devices as explained below.
- If your device is an iPhone, Ipad, or iPod Touch, they must run iOS 9.0 or later.
- If your device is an Android phone or tablet, it must run Android 4.4.2 or later.
- If your device is Amazon Fire Tablet, it must run Fire OS 4.0 or later.
- Windows 10 (version 1709 or newer) or Windows 11 tablet or computer
- Select Chromebook and Chromebox models
The Steps to Find and Download a TV Show or Movie
To download a tv show or movie so that you are able to watch them offline, you have to tap on the tv show or movie that you want to watch and then find the Downloads icon to check whether it is able to be downloaded or not. You are also able to filter by what is available for download because not all titles are available for download.
Here are the steps to download a tv show or movie to watch offline on Netflix according to Netflix.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Netflix app and then you have to tap the Downloads icon. If you use Windows 10 or Windows 11, you have to open the Netflix app and then you have to choose Menu.
- In this step, you have to choose ‘See What You Can Download, Find Something to Download, Find More to Download, or Available for Download; depending on your device.
- Here, you have to choose a tv show or movie that you want to download.
- From the description page, you have to tap Download. For your information, for tv shows, Download can be found beside each available episode. If you use Android, you can also see a Download Season option to download all episodes in the chosen season. If you want to save on data usage, you are able to download over wifi.
It is important for you to note that you are permitted to have up to 100 active downloads at a time per device on a lot of devices included in your membership plan. Let’s say that you cancel your account. If so, tv shows and movies that you have downloaded will be deleted from your device. You will have to download them again if you join again in the future.
The Steps to Watch Downloaded TV Shows and Movies
It is recommended for you to remain signed in to the Netflix app. It is done to make sure that you always have access to your downloads. According to the Netflix site, here are the steps to watch downloaded tv shows and movies.
- The first thing that you have to do is to sign in to the Netflix app and then you have to choose Downloads. If your device runs Windows 10 or Windows 11, you have to open the Netflix app and then choose Menu and choose My Downloads.
- Now, you have to find the title that you want to watch and then choose Play. For tv shows, you have to choose a show and then tap Play beside the episode that you want to watch.
Note that tv shows and movies that you have downloaded are available on the device that was used to download them and they are able to be viewed from any profile in your account. After a period of time, downloads will expire. Some of them have a limit on how many times they are able to be downloaded per year. After you are watching, you can delete downloads from your device.
Another thing that you have to remember is that a kid’s profile may not be able to watch all tv shows and movies that you have downloaded based on the maturity rating of the title.
How to Delete Downloads on Netflix
If you have watched all of the tv shows or movies that you have downloaded on Netflix, then you can delete them. You can delete downloads individually or all at once. If you want to delete a single tv show or movie, it can be done by following the steps below according to Netflix.
- First, you have to open the Netflix app and then you have to tap Downloads. If you use a tablet or computer which runs Windows 10 or Windows 11, you must choose Menu and choose My Downloads.
- Then, in the upper right corner of the screen, the thing that you have to do is to tap on Edit. If you want to delete an individual episode from a TV show, you have to choose the tv show first.
- In this step, you have to check the box beside the tv show or movie that you want to delete and then tap Delete or the red X.
If you want to delete all downloads, here are the steps according to Netflix.
- The first step is to open the Netflix app and then choose More, the three dots icon or the Profile icon.
- After that, you have to choose App Settings or Settings.
- Here, under Downloads, you have to choose Delete All Downloads.
- On the confirmation screen, you have to choose OK or Delete.
If you want, you are also able to delete downloads from a device that you do not have access to by removing that device from your Netflix account.
That’s all about downloading tv shows or movies and how to watch them offline and also how to delete them after you watch them.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…