You can enjoy the Spotify web player. If you enjoy Spotify on a web player, you can do that by accessing the website of Spotify and then logging in to your Spotify account. When you are listening to a song on Spotify Web Player, you may want to sing along so that you need the lyrics of the song. So, how to see lyrics on the Spotify web player?
The Way to See Lyrics on Spotify Web Player
If you want to see the lyrics of a song that you are listening to on Spotify web player, it is very easy. The thing that you have to do is to search for the song that you want to listen to. Then, after you find the song, you have to click on the Play button. After clicking on the play button, you can now click on the microphone icon which can be found in the mini player at the bottom of the screen. The mic icon can be found at the bottom right near the Queue button and volume. After you click on the mic icon, then the lyrics will appear on the screen.
The Way to See Lyrics on Spotify Mobile App
According to the Spotify site, here are the steps for seeing lyrics on the Spotify mobile app.
- The first thing that you have to do is to tap on the Now Playing View on a song.
- While you are listening, you need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you will see track lyrics that scroll in real time as the song is playing.
- If you want to share, you can do that by tapping on the Share button at the bottom of the lyrics screen and then choose the lyrics that you want to share and where you want to share it through third-party platforms.
The Way to See Lyrics on the Spotify Desktop App
If you want to see lyrics on the Spotify desktop app, here are the steps as explained on the Spotify site.
- The thing that you have to do to see lyrics on the Spotify desktop app is that from the Now Playing bar, you have to click on the microphone icon while the song is playing.
- Now, the lyrics of the song appear and they scroll automatically in real time while the song is playing.
The Way to See Lyrics on the Spotify TV App
According to the Spotify site, here are the steps for seeing the lyrics on the Spotify TV app.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Now Playing View on a song.
- After that, you need to navigate to the right corner to the lyrics button and then you have to choose if you want to enable lyrics.
- After you enable it, then the lyrics which display on the screen in the Now Playing View.
Are Lyrics of Songs Available Only for Premium Membership?
You may wonder whether lyrics are available only for Spotify premium membership or not. Well, the answer is no. Lyrics of songs are available for everyone whether they are premium members or not.
Issues with the Content of Lyrics
Lyrics are provided through a third-party service which is different from region to region. Usually, the provider of the lyrics can be found on the bottom of the Lyrics tab. What do we have to do if we are having problems with the content of the lyrics or if the lyrics are out of sync? If it happens, the recommended thing that you can do is to firstly check with the lyrics’ provider to report this.
It is important for you to note that lyrics will only show in the language that the song is sung in and they are not able to be translated.
What To Do If We Cannot See Lyrics?
According to the Spotify site, now, lyrics are still being rolled out for everyone and hopefully it will be with you soon. However, if you have had lyrics on your account before, you can try the steps below according to the Spotify site.
- You have to make sure that you are not on Offline mode.
- Spotify has made a testing playlist with a handful of tracks that should contain lyrics.
- You can try checking if you are able to view the lyrics on any of the track in there:
- If you can, then the track that you are listening to may not have lyrics available.
- If you cannot, then you can try some basic troubleshooting on the affected device like:
- You have to ensure the app is up to date where you need an 8.5.56 version of the app or higher.
- You have to log out and log in back to the app a couple of times and make sure to fully quit the app before logging in.
- You can do a thorough reinstall of the app.
The Reasons Why Lyrics Cannot be Seen
As explained on the Spotify site, now there are some different ways to see the lyrics of a song from the Now Playing View.
It is available in select markets and tracks and you are able to see the full lyrics synced to the track.
- Behind the Lyrics
You are able to get some lyrics and also the story behind the song with Spotify and Genius.
However, it is possible for you not to be able to see lyrics where it can happen because of some reasons as you can read below according to the Spotify site.
- For the specific track, Lyrics or Behind the Lyrics are not available.
- If you set Offline mode, Lyrics or Behind the Lyrics cannot work.
- Lyrics may not be available in your region or market. If so, you are able to add your +VOTE and feedback.
- It is important for you to note that Behind the Lyrics are available in all markets and you need to know that the insights are most frequently in English.
- Lyrics will not be able to work with Spotify Connect. However, if screen mirroring is being used like AirPlay or Chromecast from the mobile app, you are able to see the lyrics there as well.
- In case you see Lyrics on a track, it is expected that Behind the Lyrics cannot be seen.
- There may be an issue so that you can check the troubleshooting above or access the Spotify site to find the solution.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…