Today, a lot of gamers use the Virtual Reality (VR) technology to play a game. The VR here allows people to interact with a graphic object with holographic images or 3D visualization. One of the VR generations which make people feel more real experience in playing games in Oculus Quest2.
However, not all games can be played using Oculus Quest 2. It means that there are certain categories of games that can be played using Oculus Quest 2. So, how about Roblox? Can Oculus Quest 2 work with the Roblox platform? If you want to get the real answer, let’s see our post below!
Can You Play Roblox Using Oculus Quest 2?
Unfortunately, Roblox is not available as an Oculus Quest 2 game, but you can still use Oculus Quest 2 to play any Roblox games. You absolutely can play Roblox with Oculus Quest 2 by using the headset in Oculus Link Mode.
In this case, you will need to connect the Oculus Quest 2 to a PC with a link cable. This is a special kind of high-quality USB-C cable. You can also use the official Oculus Quest 2 link cable or any compatible third-party cable.
How does it work? Well, Roblox can run on a PC and then PC will send data to the Oculus Quest 2 through the link cable, allowing you to play Roblox in VR. With the use of the Oculus Link, you definitely can play Roblox games using Oculus Quest 2.
How to Play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2?
As we’ve mentioned above, to play Roblox with Oculus Quest2, you will need Oculus Link Mode. Certainly, there are some steps that you should do to play Roblox games on Oculus Quest 2. Here are they:
Step 1: Configure Oculus Link
- First, you need to go to Oculus.com.
- Then, click on the ‘Download Software’ button. It may take a few minutes to finish downloading.
- After the downloading process is completed, you need to install it.
- Here, you need to launch the Oculus app on your PC and then click on the ‘Devices’.
- After that, click on the ‘Add Headset’ option.
- Choose ‘Quest’ or Quest 2’ and then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- It’s your time to connect your ‘Quest’ or ‘Quest 2’ to your computer with a link cable. Then, you should click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button again and click ‘Close’.
Step 2 : Put on Your Headset
- Afterwards, you need to put your headset on.
- You should search for a data access prompt and either allow or deny the request, on your headset. To note, you can deny safely, due to it is not affecting this process at all.
- Click on the ‘Enable’ button on the headset.
- Click ‘Settings’ in the Oculus app.
- Then, click on the ‘General’ button.
- Switch to enable ‘Unknown Sources’ option.
Step 3: Play a Roblox Game
After your headset is on, you need to find Roblox a game which supports VR. If you already find it, you need to click on the ‘Play’ button. So, start to put on your headset and play Roblox with Oculus Quest 2.
Congratulations! You successfully play Roblox games on Oculus Quest 2. So, it’s your turn to get started configuring the tools to allow you play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2.
How If You Cannot Play Roblox in VR Mode?
You may get an issue where you cannot still play Roblox in Virtual Reality mode, though you have configured the required tools. You might successfully link your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC and you can play Roblox in a virtual desktop mode on the headset. However, you do not see an option to turn on the VR.
So, why does it happen? Certainly, you need to know some potential issues as follow:
- The world does not support VR
You need to know that not all Roblox games can support VR. Maybe, there are some Roblox games which do not support Quest and Quest 2. You can try a different Roblox world if you do not find the VR option in the game settings menu.
- Old or beta version of Roblox
You cannot find the VR option if you have an old or beta version of Roblox. You can uninstall Roblox and then download it again directly from the Roblox site. However, it will help you to install the apps as an administrator if you can configure it.
- Need Steam VR
You can try using your Oculus Quest with Steam VR. You can then link your Oculus Quest or Quest 2 to your PC with the instructions as we have explained above, but you need to launch SteamVR before you can do step 15.
After Steam VR is performed, you are able to launch the Roblox game as you choose. However, it will automatically open your Quest in VR mode on.
Well, those are some potential issues why you cannot find the VR option on your PC.
About Oculus Quest 2
Facebook has just announced its newest standalone Virtual Reality (VR) headset, named Oculus Quest 2 which is the successor to the Oculus Quest released in 2019. Oculus Quest 2 comes with more advanced specifications, such as a higher screen resolution than the previous model.
Oculus Quest 2 relies on Snapdragon XR2, a new chipset that Qualcomm just introduced towards the end of last year, which is specifically designed for VR headsets and AR headsets. With the use of Oculus Quest 2, you will get more ‘real’ experience when playing a game.
Here are the specifications of Oculus Quest 2:
- Product Dimensions: 191.5 mm x 102 mm x 142.5 mm
- Product Weight: 503g
- Storage: 64GB or 256GB
- Display Panel: Fast-switch LCD
- Display Resolution: 1832×1920 per eye
- Display Refresh: 72Hz at launch; 90Hz support to come
- SoC: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ XR2 Platform
- Tracking: Supports 6 degrees of freedom head and hand tracking
- Audio: Integrated speakers and microphone which is also compatible with 3.5mm headphones.
- RAM: 6GB
- Battery Life: 2-3 hours endurance
- Charge Time: Provided USB-C power adapter
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…