Some users of Zoom experience an error when they attempt to join a Zoom meeting or try to download a video call recording. If you view a Zoom 403 Forbidden Error, you are ablet o follow the method below to fix Zoom 403 Forbidden Error.
Fix Zoom 403 Forbidden Error
Usually, Zoom shows 403 Forbidden error when the service web client or portal is under maintenance. Although the web client for Zoom is under maintenance, you are still able to use of all the features by using Zoom’s dedicated apps. For your information, Zoom has dedicated desktop clients for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices. Also, it offers comprehensive apps for mobile devices which can be downloaded from the Play Store or the App Store. You are able to search for the link depending on your device and platform to download the Zoom client. Then, you will be able to bypass the 403 error easily by joining the meeting on the Zoom app.
Join a meeting on Zoom app on a PC or mobile:
- The first thing that you have to do is to download the Zoom app on your PC or mobile by using the download links.
- After that, sign in to the app by using your login credentials.
- Then, you need to click on the link on your email or a webpage to join the meeting.
- Your browser will prompt you to open the Zoom app.
- Now, you are able to click the Open Zoom button to open the Zoom app on your PC.
- Finally, you will be able to join the meeting by using the software.
Alternative way: Join a meeting without the browser using the Zoom app
If you cannot get to join the meeting on your PC via web browser, you are able to join the meeting directly from the Zoom app itself without needing to go to a browser first. If you do this method, you will require the Meeting’s ID for this. Then, follow these steps below:
- At the first step, you have to open the Zoom app on your PC or mobile. Make sure that you are signed in to your account when launching the Zoom app.
- After that, you have to click the Join button.
- The next step that you have to do is to submit the Meeting ID or personal link name. Also, you are able to deduce the Meeting ID from the URL itself: it is the number string between the ‘/j/’ and ‘?pwd’ strings in the URL.
- Afterwards, you are able to check the box Turn off my video if you do not wish to start your video upon entering.
- The last step that you need to do is to submit your password.
Verify Zoom Status
If you want to check if your web client is still under operation, you are able to check the status at status.zoom.us. website. Then, simply click Zoom Website to open drop down menu and look for Web Client or Web Portal. In the Zoom Website section, you are able to check if any of the services are Operational or Under Maintenance.
Reasons Zoom 403 Forbidden Error Occurs
The reason why you are having the Zoom 403 Forbidden Error is because of the Zoom’s efforts to improve their system, especially with their users’ privacy and safety. Those maintenance improvements trigger the error and you are going to see the status Under Maintenance.
- Incorrect permissions
If your folders or files have the wrong permissions, they could return a 403 Forbidden error. Usually, folders will have 0755, files 0644, and those can be modified via FTP, SSH or file manager.
- Index missing
If your index file is missing, either index.html or index.php, the server would return a 403 error. Adding one with the right permissions can solve that.
- Owner problem
If the file owner is different than the account owner, you are going to get the same 403 Forbidden error. It is able to be fixed by running the Chown command to set it to the right one.
How To Avoid The 403 Forbidden Error For The End-Users
Developers who are utilizing the Zoom Web SDK can easily utilize the Zoom meeting URL and replace the Web SDK and iFrame for a while, per Zoom’s support staff. Utilizing the URL will be able to direct the users to Desktop or mobile app, thus avoiding the 403 forbidden error. It is a simple two steps workaround process to prevent your team members to run into problem. Here are those two steps:
- Firstly, you have to remove WebSDk/iFrame from your page.
- Then, replace it with a URL of the Meeting. When the users click on it, they are going to be redirected to Zoom app on PC or mobile.
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service where you are able to meet with other people virtually. Meetings on Zoom can be by video or audio-only or both. On Zoom, the users are able to decide to collaborate on projects, record sessions, and share their screens with other users on the conversation, all on the easy-to-use platform. Zoom provides quality video, audio, and a wireless screen-sharing performance across various platforms including Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms, and others. In fact, the Zoom app has created it to the top list of apps to be searched after once there is a need for cloud meetings or video conferences. Having lots of positive reviews from its Users as a result of its convenience and efficacy.
Apparently, Zoom has connected its users actively with their families, friends, and co-workers face-to-face while they are miles apart. But, like any other software out there, there are still bugs and false alerts. Therefore, if you are curious on how to fix the Zoom 403 forbidden error, lets deep dive.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…