In the world of Roblox, the menu is counted as a feature in the game. This one gives the players like you a lot of options to toggle on and off and to do a few other things such as changing the audio volume, report the other users, examine the avatars of the other players, and so on. This one has had many different versions. It was revamped three times in 2013l, 2014, and 2020.
Talking about the menu in Roblox, a lot of people have been wondering why they do not have the new Roblox menu. Some people say that instead of the new one, the old one is the one that shows up. If you are facing the same issue, as recommended by the community, in order to reproduce, there are a few steps to follow, including connecting a controller and joining a game on PC or desktop, opening the Roblox radial menu (Start or Menu button); and choosing Leave game on the radial menu.
The old menu is usually shown instead of the new one when the Esc key is pressed. You can still toggle the new menu by pressing the Roblox button. If you have no idea where it is located, it is on the top left. Aside from that, there is another way that you can do, which is to choose Settings from the radial menu.
If the answer is not clear, it is better for you to visit the community such as DevForum. In this community, there are a few threads that discuss the same thing.
As you already know why you do not have the new Roblox menu, you might want to know about the menu in general. As stated before, the menu is one of the features in the game. It has some settings, such as:
- X button: This kind of button is the one that exits the user from the menu and allows them to resume the game. Apparently, this button was replaced by Resume Game.
- Leave game: This kind of button is the one that makes the player exit the game. it is the one that makes them disconnect from the server they were on and firing the PlayerRemoving event. After this button is clicked, there is another message to confirm if the player wants to leave.
- Home button: This kind of button is the one that is similar to the leave game button. What makes it different from the leave game button is that it returns the player to the main page. It should be noted that it only applies to the beta Roblox application for Windows.
- Respawn character: Before the menu revamp in May 20220, respawn character button was originally named reset character. This kind of button is the one that kills the character of the user by setting their Humanoids health to 0, followed by respawning if it is not disabled. Just like the leave game button, it also has a confirmation message when the users click the button. Bear in mind that the hotkey is R.
- Shift lock: This one is known as the option that will switch the cameras focus from the player to the mouse when shift is pressed. It is the one that will make the player move as if they were in first person, while being in the third person view. By switching to On, the mouse will be locked to the middle of the screen and the camera will be shifted to the right, offsetting it. By switching to Off, the mouse will be released and the focus of the camera will be put on the player.
- Camera mode: This one is known as the option that will switch the camera mode between Follow, Classic, CameraToggle, and Default (Classic). The Follow option will rotate the player as the user walks to the left and right. Classic will attach to the player and it will not rotate the user walks to the left and right. CameraToggle will lock the mouse to the middle of the screen. Besides, it will also shift the camera upwards, offsetting it and it will act like if the player is pressing the right mouse button to the players. Do not forget to press the RMB in order to activate this mode after it is chosen. However, it is also a must for the player to keep in mind that it will also glitch shift lock if both are activated at once altogether.
- Movement mode: This one is known as the option that will switch the movement type between Keyboard, Keyboard + Mouse, and Click to Move.
- Mouse sensitivity: This one is known as the option that will switch how fast the mouse moves. It should be noted that one bar being the slowest and ten bars being the fastest. Another thing to keep in mind is that with the new May 2020 revamp, there is no way for the players to use decimal mouse sensitivity such as 0.25. The reason why it is not allowed is that it will turn back into 0 when Enter is pressed by the player.
- Volume: This one is known as the option that can be used to change how loud the volume is. It should be noted that one bar being the quietest and ten bars being the loudest. Another thing to be noted is that there are no bars being mute.
- Fullscreen: This one is known as the option that can toggle the game from fullscreen to windowed mode.
- Graphics mode: This one is known as the option that allows the players to change the quality of the games graphics between manual and automatic. It should be noted that zero being the least detailed and fast. As for ten, it is the most detailed but slow. In the graphics mode, there is graphics quality. This one is the option that allows the user to adjust the graphics quality of the game, as long as the graphics mode is set to manual. It should be noted that one bar is the lowest quality while ten bars is the highest one.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…