There are a lot of good shows on Discovery Plus and if you want to watch them, you need to subscribe. There are two subscription plans offered by Discovery Plus, namely $4.99/ month and $6.99/ month. The second plan is ad-free.
The Steps to Watch Discovery Plus on Samsung Smart TV
If your smart tv is Samsung, make sure that it was made in 2017 or later so that you can use it for watching Discovery Plus. And here are the steps to watch Discovery Plus on Samsung Smart TV according to TechNadu.
- The first thing that you have to do is to make sure that you have subscribed to Discovery Plus through its website. To subscribe, you must access the site and then click on the Start Free Trial button to go through the process of signing up. You will have to choose a subscription plan, create an account and also enter your billing information. After that, you have to go to your Samsung TV.
- After subscribing to Discovery Plus through its website, now through the home screen (Smart Hub) of your TV, you have to navigate to Apps and then you need to use the search field to search for Discovery Plus. Then, you need to choose the icon of the app to open additional details.
- In this step, you have to add the app to your TV by choosing “Add to Home”. After a few moments, you will see that the app will be downloaded and installed on your smart TV.
- At last, you need to open Discovery Plus and then you need to log in while following the instructions on the screen.
The Steps to Watch Discovery Plus on a Sony Smart TV (Android TV)
If you want to watch Discovery Plus on a Sony Smart TV android TV, you have to make sure that the version is 5.0 or later. Also, you have to make sure it has access to Google Play Store. Here are the steps to be able to watch Discovery Plus on a Sony Android Smart TV according to TechNadu.
- You have to get a Discovery Plus subscription before you install the app. You can do that through its website. There, you have to sign up by clicking on the Start Free Trial. Choose the subscription which is best for you, create an account and then pay your subscription.
- After subscribing, then you have to go to your Sony TV and find the Google Play Store. You have to choose the app’s icon and then you can use the search bar which can be found at the top of your screen to find Discovery Plus. Here, you must choose the app’s icon after it appears in the list of search results. It will open the overview of the app.
- In this step, based on the version of your android TV, you have to choose Install or Get button.
- After the app is ready, then you have to go ahead and open it. You have to log into your Discovery Plus subscription by following the steps provided on the screen.
The Steps to Watch Discovery Plus on Toshiba and Insignia (Fire OS) TVs
Here are the steps to be able to watch Discovery Plus on Toshiba & Insignia (Fire OS) according to TechNadu.
- First, you have to subscribe to Discovery Plus by accessing the website. On that site, you have to click on the Start Free Trial button and then you have to follow the prompts there.
- After you subscribe to Discovery Plus, then you have to go to your Toshiba or Insignia Fire TV Edition and start from its Home Screen. You have to navigate to the top and all the way to the left. You will see an option to search for apps which is represented by a magnifying glass icon. You must choose the icon.
- In this step, you have to search for Discovery Plus and there will be the app’s icon among the search results. Then, you have to choose the app to open its overview and then choose Get.
- If the app is ready to use, then you can open it. You can log in by following the instructions on the screen.
The Steps to Watch Discovery Plus on TCL and Hisense TVs (Roku TV-Powered Models)
If your TV is TCL or Hisense TV powered by Roku TV, you can watch Discovery Plus by following the steps below according to TechNadu.
- You have to subscribe to Discovery Plus first on the official website by clicking on the Start Free Trial button there and then signing up.
- After you subscribe to the Discovery Plus, you have to go back to your TCL or Hisense Roku TV-powered TV. You have to press the Home button on your remote and then choose Streaming Channels on the left hand side. You have to scroll down to Search Channels and choose this option.
- You have to use the input field that you will see on your screen to search for Discovery Plus. Then, you have to choose this channel’s name after you see it on your screen. Then, you have to use the Add Channel button to download and install this app on your Roku TV.
- At last, you have to go back to your Roku Tv’s home screen. Then, you have to launch Discovery Plus and log in by following the instructions on your TV screen.
The Steps to Watch Discovery Plus on Any TV Through Chromecast or Airplay
Here are the steps to watch Discovery Plus on any TV through Chromecast or Airplay according to TechNadu.
- First, you have to subscribe to Discovery Plus.
- After you subscribe to Discovery Plus, then you have to download the Discovery Plus app on your iPhone or iPad or your android smartphone or tablet. You can visit the iOS App Store or Play Store on your device to download and install Discovery+. Don’t forget to open the app and log in.
- It is important for you to note that for screen-casting to work, your TV and smartphone or tablet needs to be on the same Wi-Fi network. So, you have to double check whether your TV is connected to your home Wi-Fi.
- The last step, you have to go ahead and open Discovery Plus on your smartphone or tablet. After that, you have to start playing any content. This is when a screen-casting icon will be seen which should be in the upper-right corner. You have to tap on this icon, choose your TV and your selected episode or movie will begin playing on your TV.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…