In Roblox, meshes refer to 3D objects. The things such as hat, gear, or Part are included as mashes. Basically, every hat, gear, and package, with the exception of the Mysterious Object, is originally from one or more meshes.
A lot of people use Blender to make meshes. Blender is definitely one of the most favorite when as it is easy to operate. Blender is described as open source 3D creation suite. This tool is 100%. It supports the whole 3D pipeline such as animation, simulation, modeling, rigging, rendering, composing and motion tracking, and video editing and game creation. The advanced users employ the API of the software for Python scripting that effective to help to customize the application and write specialized tools. It has been proven that Blender is really good for individuals and small studios who benefit from the unified pipeline and responsive development process. It is number one on the list of the cross platform that runs equally well on Linux, Windows, and Macintosh computers. OpenGL is thing that is commonly used as the interface in order to provide the consistent experience.
If you want to download a software named Blender, the first thing that should be done is to go to its official website. When you are on the homepage, you will be able to see some menus that are located at the top of the screen. In the next step, click the one named Download and you will be taken to Download page. On the Download page, you will have to click on the blue Download Blender button and the process of downloading will be started. Before pressing the Download Blender button, feel free to choose the operating system that installed on your device.
Meshes are able to be uploaded from the thing like Blender to Roblox Studio and not another way around. Uploading meshes into Roblox is very important feature to know because you can pretty much endlessly develop. Meshes give you access to vertexes, faces, and a lot of other features that you do not get in Roblox Studio. After completing the mesh, you can upload it to the Roblox Studio by following these following instructions:
- First of all, click “file”.
- Then, click the Export option and then select FBX.
- You will need to make sure that at the end of the file name is written something like name.fbx.
- After that, do not forget to look for the folder that you want to put it in.
- If you are sure, press the Export FBX.
- The next thing that you will need to do is to go to the Roblox Studio game that you want to put the mesh in and then make a new part in the workspace known as MeshPart.
- In Properties, go to the thing that it says “Meshid” and then click on the folder button.
- When the step is done, choose your mesh folder and then press Open.
- It may take a while for a mesh to load and there is a possibility of the Roblox Studio to be frozen if it is a big mesh. If you want to customize, there will be re-sizing options that pop up.
If it is confusing to understand the written guide, it might be better for you to watch a tutorial video instead. On Youtube, there is a tutorial video on how to export Blender meshes into Roblox Studio posted by ThatGameGuy on June 28, 2020. It is such a great video and a total of 82,740 viewers seem to agree with this. The video is divided into six parts: Intro (0:00), Making A Texture (3:00), Exporting Texture (6:50), Exporting Geometry (7:30), Uploading to Roblox Method 1 (9:15), and Uploading to Roblox Method 2 (13:27).
This following guide will help you to watch the method about exporting the meshes from Blender into Roblox Studio by ThatGameGuy:
- The first thing that you will have to do is to open Youtube.
- Since watching a Youtube content does not require logging in, you can just go straight to the search bar, enter the keyword such as “exporting the meshes from Blender into Roblox Studio”, and hit the Enter button.
- In the results shown, choose the one by ThatGameGuy. In order to make it easier, you can actually add “ThatGameGuy” in the keyword.
- Once you have found the video of exporting the meshes from Blender into Roblox Studio by ThatGameGuy, all that should be done to watch it is to click it.
The second video tutorial on Youtube that you can consider to watch is the one by Robloxian Builder. This video was uploaded on the sharing platform on January 27, 2019. Since the first time it was uploaded, it has earned a total of 100,316 views and 1.7k favorites.
By following the guide explained above and on the videos, you should be able to upload the meshes to Roblox Studio from the things like Blender. If you are still confused and have so many questions in your head, one of the ways to seek help is to leave a comment under the comment section of the video. Even though the chance of getting a reply from the owner of the video is low, there is still a chance. Aside from that, the other viewers may know about the topic and might be kind enough to give you a reply.
Visiting the communities or forums might be also effective to seek help. One of the best and most recommended one is Dev Forum. You will need to log in to the forum if you want to create a discussion.
If you want, you can also contact the Roblox Support to get assistance to upload meshes from Blender to Roblox ID. You can reach them out by filling out the form that is able to be found on the official website of Roblox.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…