If you use TikTok, you may notice a lot of videos using the Green screen effect on their videos. By the way, how do you get the Green screen effect and use it for your own videos? Remember that you do not actually need to use a real green screen. You are able to use the Green Screen Effect on the TikTok app itself without actually requiring a green screen. In this article, we are going to share how to do Green Screen on Tiktok, even with multiple backgrounds.
Getting The Green Screen Effect On Tiktok
To get the Green Screen Effect on TikTok, simply tap on the “+” icon, then tap on “Effects”, and download the Green Screen Effect on the “Hot” section. For note: There are two Green Screen Effects on TikTok; one for photos, and one for videos. If you want to use a photo as your background, you are able to choose the Effect with the two photos overlapping with each other. On the other hand, if you want to use a video as your background, choose the landscape Icon with the play button and an arrow.
Here is a step-by-step to get the effect on any mobile device:
- Firstly, open TikTok and tap on the + icon
- Then, open TikTok and tap on the + icon to make a new video.
- After you tapped on the + icon, you will land on the recording screen.
- Now, you are able to tap on Effects.
- Please tap on Effects on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- When you tapped on Effects, the Effects menu is going to open where you are able to download the Green Screen Effect.
- Afterwards, download the Green Screen Effect.
- Lastly, download the Green Screen Effect on the “Hot” section.
For note: The icon on the left is for a video background, while the one on the right is for a photo background. Usually, it is located on the second or third row of the effects. If you cannot find it, you have to scroll further down until you find the icon with a green landscape, a play button, and an arrow or the icon with two overlapping photos.
If you still cannot find the effect, you might not have the latest version of TikTok. To solve this, ensure to update TikTok to the latest version.
How To Do Green Screen On Tiktok With Multiple Backgrounds
Green screen effect is cool. But, some people complain that you can only do green screen with one background, which is not cool enough. Actually, you are able to do a green screen with multiple backgrounds or pictures.
After you have finished shooting with one background, simply you are able to go back to the previous step. You do not worry, your shooting is still there. Please select Green Screen again and create a shooting. The two clips are going to join together automatically.
In other case, if you updated TikTok and you still cannot find the effect, here is what you are able to do:
- Search for a video which used the Green Screen Effect.
- If you still cannot find the Green Screen Effect, search for the “greenscreen” hashtag on TikTok, and then open the search results.
- Next, find a video which used the effect, and there should be a small button that says, “Green Screen” under it.
- Lastly, tap on Green Screen to record your video using the effect.
Using The Green Screen Effect On Tiktok
To use the Green Screen Effect on TikTok, simply you are able to choose one of your existing photos from your gallery. Please ensure that you have given photo access to TikTok, otherwise you cannot use your own photos.
Here is a step-by-step to enable photo access for TikTok on an iPhone:
- Firstly, open your Settings, scroll all the way down, and then find TikTok.
- After that, tap on TikTok.
- Please tap on Photos, and then tap on “Read and Write”.
- Also, you are able to use the photo that TikTok gave you, but most people do not do that.
To use the Green Screen Effect on Tiktok, follow these steps below:
- Choose a photo for your Green Screen.
Firstly, you need to choose a photo from the photo slider (which are retrieved from your photo gallery). While you are using the effect, you are able to set yourself in the video by shrinking, expanding, or moving your image. This can be the first photo that you will be using for your Green Screen video.
- Choose the timer
Next step is to choose the timer feature if you are recording yourself. You do not have to use the timer if there is someone recording for you. Please drag the timer to set the recording limit (e.g. 5 seconds). Setting the timer will be able to stop your video from recording after a certain time limit so you are able to record another part.
- Hit record
In this step, you have to tap on the record button (square in a circle) to record your video. Please tap on the record button again to stop the video. Just double-tap the screen while recording to hide yourself. To show yourself, simply you are able to double-tap the screen again. After you stop the video, you are able to record another part of the video using a different photo. For note: Do not tap on the tick unless you are completely done with recording.
- Choose another photo and repeat the process
Now, you are able to choose another photo from your gallery to record the next part of your video. Do that by choosing another photo on the photo slider. Please repeat steps one to four again until you are finished recording the entire video (with multiple backgrounds/pictures).
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…