Since there was a complaint about sexual assault of a young woman after being kidnapped by a man she met on Match.com, it leads many Match.com users to cancel their membership. Aside from that, there are other reasons why people finally cancel their Match.com membership, one of them is that they are not having much luck finding anyone they like with Match.com.
If you also want to cancel your Match.com membership but you do not know yet how to do it, no worries, you can find the guide to cancel your JustAnswer membership through our post below. Okay, let’s check it out!
Cancelling Your Match.com Subscription, Here’s How!
There are several ways you can cancel your Match.com membership. Of course, the way of cancelling your Match.com membership will be different on each device. Before cancelling your Match.com membership, make sure to do it at least two days before your billing cycle starts. So, you will not get charged for an additional period.
Here’s how to cancel a Match.com subscription!
Way 1: Through Website
You can really cancel your Match.com subscription through the website. To do so, you can log into the Match.com website here. After you’re at the Match.com homepage, you will need to login with your account by entering your email address and password.
Once logged in, you can choose your account and then choose the gear icon to open ‘Settings’. After that, you can choose ‘Manage/cancel membership. Make sure to follow on-screen instructions to cancel your subscription.
You will then view a message that says ‘The automatic renewal of your subscription has now been cancelled.’ Of course, you will receive a confirmation email. However, you will still have access to the Match.com website until your subscription period is over. Afterwards, you will need to create a new Match.com account if you want to regain access.
Way 2: On Mobile Device
In addition to cancelling your Match.com subscription through the website, you can also cancel your membership from a mobile device. Of course, if you made a subscription using the Google Play Store or iTunes, you will have to cancel your membership in the same way.
- First, open your iOS device.
- Then, go to Settings and choose iTunes & Apple Store.
- After that, enter your Apple ID and password or Touch ID.
- Choose ‘Manage’ within subscriptions.
- Choose Match.com as the subscription.
- Last, you need to choose ‘Cancel Subscription’ at the bottom of the screen and click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- First, open your Android device.
- Then, go to the Google Play Store.
- After that, choose ‘Account’ from the menu and then click the ‘Subscriptions’
- Choose ‘Match.com’ from the list
- Click on the ‘Cancel’ button and then ‘Confirm’ button.
Way 3: Contact Match,com Customer Service
If you cannot find the best options to cancel your Match.com subscription through a website or mobile device, you can then cancel your Match.com subscription by contacting Match.com customer support directly.
You can really contact Match.com directly using a web form on their website or you can also make a phone call at 00-326-5161 or send them an email at Match.com, P.O. Box 25472, Dallas, Texas 75225.
If you contact Match.com Customer Support, make sure to be clear that you really want to cancel your Match.com subscription, so that you are no longer charged. Additionally, you also need to provide identifying information, so ensure you have your account and payment information on hand.
Is It Necessary to Delete Your Match.com Profile Before Cancelling Your Subscription?
It’s very important for those who want to delete their Match.com account or cancel your subscription to manually delete their profile first. However, it may take some time for this information to disappear from Match.com once you delete your account.
If you do not want people seeing you on Match.com any more or finding you through information you included on your profile, of course you need to ensure you delete your profile before you delete your Match.com account.
Keep in mind, dating sites will not like when members cancel their subscriptions and they also don’t like when they delete their profile. That’s why dating sites may make it as hard as possible to do either. So, if you really want to cancel your Match.com subscription, make sure to delete your profile first and tell them as detailed as possible that you want to delete your account. Don’t forget to convince them by providing your reason.
Creating a Match.com Account, Here’s How!
If you change your mind and want to access Match.com again, of course you have to register a new account, since the old account that you deleted can no longer be used. However, it’s pretty easy for you to create a Match.com account. Okay, let’s perform the following steps to cancel your Match.com subscription!
- First, go to Match.com.
- Once you are at the Match.com homepage, you need to enter your email address and set up your password with a minimum of 5 characters.
- In the following page, you will be required to provide your personal information such as your first name, your birthday, your country, your region and your city.
- After that, you will need to provide your height.
- Then, you have to describe your body type.
- In the next page, make sure to choose your relationship status including single, separated, divorced, widowed and you also need to provide your personal information such as having kids or not.
Here are the information you need to provide:
- Tell what your education is
- Tell whether you smoke or not
- Tell whether you drink or not
- Choose the ethnicities that describe you (Asian, Black, Latin, Indian, White, Native American, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, etc)
- Tell what your religion is
- Tell what you’re passionate about
- Tell what your partner in crime
After you are told your personal information, you need to upload your photo. You can then click the ‘Join’ button. In the next page, make sure to choose your price plan and enter your payment method to complete your subscription.
After you choose a plan and make a subscription, that means your registration has succeeded and you already have a new Match.com account.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…