When you are streaming your favorite movies on IMDb or other streaming service providers, you may have experienced the error code 1061 that suddenly appears on your device’s screen on either TV, mobile phone or tablet. Reportedly, this is typically an internet connectivity issue.
However, the error code 1016 can appear on some Smart TVs, especially on Samsung and LG Smart TV. That’s very annoying, isn’t it? If you also experience the error code 1016 when accessing IMDb TV on your Smart TV, you may look for the solutions to fix this issue. So, what will you do when facing this issue?
Here’s How to Fix the Error Code 1016 When Accessing IMDb TV!
It is said that the error code 1016 on streaming services like IMDb, Disney+, Netflix and many others commonly occurs on Samsung Smart TV, but it does not rule out the possibility of other devices iPad, iPhone, Android phone, etc.
Generally, the error code 1016 can be caused by wireless connection dropping or also by DNS. To fix this issue, we have taken a little research to find out the troubleshooting. From our research, we found some solutions that you can take to fix error code 1016 on IMDb TV. These troubleshootings can also apply to other streaming service providers.
Here’s how to fix the error code 1016 on IMDb TV!
Way 1: Reset the wireless connection on your device
All you can do is to reset the wireless connection on your device, either your Smart TVs, tablet or mobile phone. To do so, you can follow some steps below!
- First, tap the ‘Home’button.
- From the bottom of the Home screen, you can swipe upwards to reveal the ‘Control Center’ option. If the Control Center is not enabled on your device, you surely have to activate Airplane mode from within ‘Settings’.
- You can then activate ‘Airplane mode’ by clicking on the airplane icon.
- After Airplane mode is activated, you can turn off it by tapping the airplane icon again.
- Once your device reconnects to your wireless network, you can then launch IMDb TV and try playing your favorite TV shows, series or also movies again.
If resetting the wireless connection to your device does not solve your problem, you can try to perform the next solution.
Way 2: Restart your device
The second solution you can do is to restart your device, depending on the device you use either Android phone, iPad, iPhone, or also Smart TVs. Certainly, the way to restart your device either on a mobile phone or Smart TV will be different.
Here’s how to restart your mobile phone that you use to stream IMDb’s contents!
- First, press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons at the same time until the slider appears on your screen.
- After that, you need to drag the top slider to turn off your device completely.
- If the sliders do not appear, you can also press and hold the ‘Sleep/Wake’ button until the red slider appears. Then, drag the slider.
- You may need to press the ‘Sleep/Wake’ button after 10 seconds.
- After your device powers on, you can try to access the IMDb TV app on your phone again.
- First, you have to press and hold the Power button on the side of your phone.
- While pressing the Power button, the ‘Options’ menu will appear on your screen.
- Then, choose either ‘Restart’ or ‘Power Off’ option.
- If you choose the ‘Restart’ button, your phone will automatically turn off, for a moment it will start to turn on again.
- If you choose the ‘Power Off’ option, you can try to press and hold the ‘Power’ button again until your phone turns back on.
On Smart TVs
We show the way to reset the Smart TV. We think the way to reset the Smart TVs whatever the brands will be the same or even a bit different. There are two options to reset your Smart TV, here are they:
Before you reset your smart TV, make sure to disconnect the USB cable from the TV if an external USB hard disc is still connected to your TV. If you TV is turned off, you can turn it first and do some steps as follow:
- First, point your remote control to the illumination LED or status LED.
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ button of your remote control for about 5 seconds. While pressing and holding the Power button, make sure to wait until a message ‘Power Off’ appears.
- Depending on the OS and model, the ‘Restart’ or the ‘Cancel’ screen may appear once pressing the ‘Power’ button on your remote control for 3 seconds or longer.
- Then, you can choose the ‘Restart’ button to start restarting.
- After doing this, your Smart TV should restart automatically. You have to wait at least one minute to wait for your TV to turn on back.
- If your TV does not restart, you can press the ‘Power’ button on your remote control to turn your TV on.
Way 3: Try a different network
You can also try to choose a different wireless network by following some steps below!
- First, hit the ‘Home’ button on your device.
- Then, choose the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Choose the Wi-Fi menu.
- Choose a different network available and connect to it. If you cannot use a different internet connection, you can contact your internet service provider for help.
- After you are connected, you can try to access IMDb or other streaming service again.
If this way solves your problem, but the new connection is not your preferred network, you can contact your internet service provider to get help.
Way 4: Restart your home network
Last, you can try to restart your home network to fix the error code 1016 that appears on your device when accessing IMDb TV. Here’s how!
- First, turn your device off.
- Then, you can unplug both your router and modem and wait 30 seconds.
- You can then plug in your modem and make sure to wait until there are no new indicator lights blinking on.
- After that, plug in your router, and make sure to wait until there are no new indicator lights blinking on.
- Last, you can turn your device on and try to access IMDb and other streaming services again.
Well, those are some ways to fix the error code 1016 on your devices when accessing IMDb. Hopefully, those ways will solve your problem a lot.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…