This page will show you how to fix CBS app errors that can stop you from watching the Super Bowl and also other games on the CBS Sports App. Well, here we are going to show you how to fix the errors/problems without waiting for a reply on Twitter, so that you do not miss out on an epic moment in the Super Bowl.
How to Fix CBS App Fatal Error?
Sometimes, the CBS app crashes when you try to load it. So, how to fix this error. For this case, you will need to force close the CBS app to solve streaming problems if the app freezes, or if you see a black screen or loading image when you attempt to watch content. Learn how to force close the CBS app here:
iPhone or iPad (iPhone X and later)
- From the home screen, you are able to swipe up from the bottom of the screen pausing slightly in the middle of the screen.
- Please swipe right or left to find the CBS app, next swipe up on the app’s preview to close the app
- From the home screen, you have to press the “Home” button twice quickly. A list of running applications will show on the screen.
- After that, you have to swipe up on the app to close each app’s background task. This will save battery life on your mobile device too.
- Next, you are able to press the home button again to return to the home screen and relaunch the app.
Force close the CBS app
- While on the home screen, you have to double-click the “Home” button on the Siri Remote.
- Please swipe up on the touch surface to force close all current apps open.
Android Phone or tablet
Force close the CBS app
- From the home screen, you have to tap the hamburger menu (three lines) at the bottom left of the screen.
- Now, you are able to swipe up to close the CBS app or click “Close All” to exit all open apps. Now, you are able to relaunch the CBS app.
Force close the CBS app
- From the CBS app home screen, you have to choose Settings, then Apps.
- Please choose the CBS app, then click Force Stop.
- Now, you are able to relaunch the CBS app to resume streaming.
Amazon Fire TV or Kindle
Force close the CBS app with these easy steps
- From the Amazon home screen, choose Settings, then Applications
- After that, choose Manage Installed Applications, then click the CBS app
- Next, you have to click Force Stop, then Launch Application to restart your own device. Now, you are able to resume streaming
Restart your Roku
- Roku player: Please go to Settings, then go to System, next go to System Restart.
- Roku TV: Please go to Settings, choose System, and then choose Power, next choose System Restart.
Also, you are able to unplug the Roku device from the power source, just wait a few moments, and then reconnect it.
Well, the text above is a way to fix CBS Sports app crashes. The next paragraph will inform you how to fix other CBS app problems.
How to Fix CBS App Skipping, Buffering and Freezing?
When the CBS app is working skipping video, buffering issues and freezing are the biggest issues. You are able to fix these on your device with several steps. You will need to restart your own device and restart your home internet connection that will take a few minutes, but will be able to fix the problems faster than CBS will.
Here are some steps to fix CBS app skipping, buffering and freezing:
- Firstly, you have to restart the CBS app.
- After that, you are able to restart your phone, tablet or smart TV.
- Please try on another device in your house.
- Then, switch to LTE on your phone or try a hotspot.
- Next, you are able to restart your router.
Usually, you do not need to do all of those steps to solve the issues, but you have to follow them to try to solve your CBS Sports buffering and freezing, mainly during the Super Bowl.
How to Fix CBS App Login Problems?
A problem that we hear if you do not use the CBS app is not being able to login, or requiring to login again and not knowing your own password. Frequently, you are going to login with your cable subscription, or your Hulu or PS Vue subscription. On several devices it will share this, however on other devices you have to re-enter it again. If asked, you have to choose your TV provider and then login. If you cannot login, you need to reset your password for the company that you get your TV service from. Then, you are able to login with that and get to streaming.
How to Fix CBS App Connection Problems?
If there is a major CBS connection issue, usually it is on their end and you need to wait for a solution. But, if the problem is not impacting every user, it can be with your home network. For this case, you are able to test this by switching to a hotspot or to LTE, however to solve it you will need to take some additional steps.
Please confirm that it is your network by trying on another device or seeing if you are able to access the internet by going to any other webpage on a device on your WiFi network. If you have network problems overall, you have to restart your modem and router. Also, you may need to call your cable or internet company and ask for help. Usually, you are going to ask to unplug the modem, wait 60 seconds and then power it back on. This will be able to fix lots of issues.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…