It is very annoying if you forget the password, pattern, or pin when you’re going to unlock your smartphone, isn’t it? However, it is very common for it to happen to some people who sometimes forget their password combination or phone security pattern.
If you did a factory reset or factory mode reset to deal with the problem, you are at high risk since a factory reset can cause your phone to break and also wipe the internal data on your phone. No worries! We’ve compiled the 11 smart ways to unlock a locked Android phone without having to do a factory reset that we obtained from some internet sources. Here you go!
Way 1: Using the Android Device Manager
All you need to do if you forget your password to unlock your Android phone is to use Android Device Manager. You can use this app to unlock your Android phone or someone else’s phone without resetting.
To use Android Device Manager to unlock a locked Android phone without losing data, you can do the following steps:
- First, open the Android Device Manager app on your phone or go to the Android Device Manager website using another phone.
- Then, you need to login with the same account as the one on your smartphone.
- After logging in, there will be three options, i.e., Ring, Lock and Erase.
- Make sure to select Lock to reopen your Android phone.
- Here, you need to click the new password to replace the pattern or smartphone password. Then, click Lock.
- Wait for 5 minutes and reopen your Android phone using the new password, pattern, or PIN.
- By following these steps, your phone should be unlocked and can be used normally.
Way 2: Using the “Forgot Password” Feature
To unlock a locked Android phone without resetting, you can try to use the “Forgot Password” feature. This method is very effective for those of you who open locked Android phones without fear of losing data. Here’s how!
- First, open your phone and click “Forgot Pattern” or “Forgot Password” at the bottom right of the phone.
- Then, you need to log into your email by entering your email address and password.
- Later, Google will provide two methods to unlock your Android phone with a pattern or password. First, Google will send you a question. Second, Google will send a new pattern or password to your email. We recommend that you choose the second method.
- Here, you need to open your email using another smartphone or a PC.
- After that, you can open an email from Google containing a new password and pattern.
- You can use the new pattern and password from Google to unlock your smartphone.
Way 3: Using Another Android Phone
The next thing you can do to unlock a locked Android phone is to use another Android phone. Because you can use another family member’s phone, this is a very simple method for those of you who have forgotten your password. Here’s how!
- First, you can borrow your friend’s phone or another family member’s phone.
- You can make a call from another phone to your own phone.
- Receive a call from another phone and press Home.
- Disable pattern lock or phone password by going to the Settings menu.
- It is known that the pattern lock feature has been successfully deactivated, and you can access your smartphone normally.
Way 4: Using Android Debug Bridge
You can also use Android Debug Bridge to unlock a locked Android phone. It is known that Android Debug Bridge is a versatile command line tool which allows you to communicate with a variety of devices. It’s important to note that you have activated the USB debugging feature. Here’s how!
- First, you can connect the locked Android phone with a laptop or computer.
- Then, open the “Command Prompt/ CMD command” in the Android Debug Bridge installation directory on your laptop or computer.
- You can click “adb shell rm/data/system/gesture.key” and then click Enter.
- Make sure to unplug your Android phone from computer or laptop and then reboot the smartphone.
- Later, your smartphone will be unlocked for a while. For this, you can open your Android phone and choose the Settings menu to change the Android phone pattern or password that is easier to remember.
- Another option, you can also disable your phone’s password.
Method 5: Using Android’s Reboot Safe Mode
Rebooting in Safe Mode for Android is another option to unlock a locked Android phone. This feature is used to unlock a locked password or pin that uses third-party phone locking apps. Here’s how to use Reboot Safe Mode on Android!
- First, you can press the power button on your smartphone. It will typically display the Power Off or Restart options.
- After the options appear, you can click the power button again on your smartphone until the “Reboot in Safe Mode” feature appears. You can then select OK or YES.
- Your smartphone will restart, and it will enter Safe Mode.
- In the Safe Mode menu, you can remove third-party locking apps.
- After you’ve deleted the app, restart your phone and it will open normally.
Way 6: Via the Crash Lock Screen
Another way to unlock a locked Android phone is via the Crash Lock Screen by using the Emergency Call button. To use Crash Lock Screen, you can do the following steps:
- First, you can press the “Emergency Call” button at the bottom of the phone screen.
- You can enter the star icon (*) 10 times and copy paste all the star icons up to the maximum number.
- Then, you can open the shortcut from the camera and pull down the notification bar.
- Press Settings, and you will be asked to enter a password.
- You can enter the start icon that was copied earlier in the password field. Make sure to repeat the process until the lock screen crashes.
- Now is the important step, and you can paste the star icon that was copied earlier. You can repeat the process several times until the lock screen crashes.
Congratulations! Your locked Android phone has finally been unlocked.
Way 7: Using Samsung’s “Find My Mobile” Feature
For those of you who use Samsung phones, you can take advantage of “Samsung Find My Mobile.” This is an easy way to unlock a locked Android phone, but it can only be used by Samsung users. Here’s how to unlock a locked Samsung phone using Find My Mobile without resetting:
- First, you can go to Samsung.com, which you can access via smartphone or laptop.
- Then, in the available menu, sign in to your Samsung account.
- You can then unlock your password by selecting it from the Unlock menu.
- There will be a pop-up window that requires you to enter your Samsung account and then click Next.
- Finally, the data will show that your phone’s lock feature has been reset, allowing it to unlock normally.
Way 8: Visit the Service Center
Another smart way to unlock a locked Android phone is by visiting a service center nearby. You may be required to pay for your smartphone, and then a technician will help you unlock a locked phone without having to factory reset it.
Way 9: Via Google Smart Lock
Google Smart Lock can be a great option for those of you who have an Android 5.0 or later phone. Through Google Smart Lock, you can find it easier to unlock a locked Android phone. Here’s How!
- Make sure your Android phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network, smartwatch, or Google Chrome browser.
- If you forget the password, you can connect your phone with Wi-Fi, a smartwatch, or Chrome. Then, the lock will automatically open.
Way 10: Using a Google Account
Your Google Account can eventually be used to unlock your locked phone. This method is very effective for those of you who have Android phones. There are some steps you must take to unlock a locked Android phone. Here’s how!
- First, you can try to open your phone several times until the “Forgot Pattern” notification appears.
- Then, you can click “Forgot Pattern,” and you will be taken to a Google page.
- Here, you need to authenticate your account and create a new PIN or pattern for your smartphone.
Way 11: Using the Google Assistant
The last smart way to unlock a locked Android phone is by using Google Assistant. This is a very effective way for those of you who are in a hurry and want to quickly access your phone. Here’s how to use Google Assistant!
- Make sure you have activated the “Forgot Password” feature on Google Assistant.
- If so, you can say OK, Google, when you forget your password. Then, your phone’s lock will automatically open.
Well, those are the 11 smart ways to unlock a locked Android phone without having to do a factory reset. If you are currently experiencing password forgetting, you can try one of the smart methods described above. Good Luck!!!
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…