Reverso is one of websites which offer you some tools for correcting text. This site offers spelling checker, dictionary, translation, and some more options. One of the tools which is offered by Reverso is Context namely Reverso Context. What is it? How to use Reverso Context? Here, you will get the answers of these questions.
What is Reverso Context?
In the Reverso Context, you are able to translate and learn millions of words and expressions. As you can see when you access the Reverso Context page, there is a bar where you are able to enter or paste text there. Next to the bar, there is an option of languages. If you click on it, there are some languages option that you can choose including:
Move on to the right of the language option, there is a button with two arrows. This button is for changing the translation direction. Next to this button, there is the option of language again that you can choose based on the language that you want to find the meaning. So, if the option of language on the left is English and the option of language on the right is French, it means that you want to translate it from English to French.
Under the language option, there are some options including:
- Sound icon. It is used to listen to how the word or sentences are pronounced.
- S icon. It is used to search in synonyms.
- Table icon. It is used to search in conjugation.
- World icon. It is used to search web.
- W icon. It is used to search in Wikipedia.
- Images icon. It is used to search in images.
- Book icon. It is used to search in definition.
How to Use Reverso Context
You will be able to use a tool correctly if you know how to use it. If you want to use Reverso Context, you also need to know how to use this tool. In the list below, we provide you the steps to use Reverso Context.
- The first thing that you need to do to access Reverso Context is to access Reverso website at www.reverso.net.
- After that, you have to click on the Context menu at the top of the homepage.
- Now, you are in the Context page and you can enter the word or text in the search bar available there.
- After entering or pasting the word or text there, click on the Search button. Do not forget to choose the origin language and the aimed language. For example, if you want to translate the word from English to French, then the position of the language options next to the search bar must be English in the left and then French in the right.
Let’s take an example. Let say that you are looking for the translation of a word ‘hat’ from English to French. So, you have to set the origin language to English and then the aimed language to French in the Reverso Context. After that, you have to enter the word ‘hat’ in the search bar available there. Now, you have to click on the Search button.
Under the search bar, you will be given the results. There will be some options of the results and also there is a note of the types of the word. When we tried to translate ‘hat’ from English to French, the result stated that it is a noun and here are some options of ‘hat’ in French: chapeau, casquette, bonnet, casque, toque, coiffe, calot and many more.
Under the results of the translation of the word, there are some examples of the use of the word ‘hat’ in English and in French. Here are the examples.
- She brushed her husband’s hat. -> Elle a brossé le chapeau de son mari.
- This is Pat’s baseball hat. -> C’est la casquette de base-ball de Pat.
If you put your cursor on the example of the sentence in the Reverso Context page, there are some options that you can use including Pronunciation, Star icon for marking the example as favourite, paper icon for copying the translation, square with plus icon for adding this translation to Reverso Collaborative Dictionary, and down thumb for reporting a problem in the example. Besides, there is also a line with an arrow icon which can be used by you to see this translation example in its context.
Under the Search button, there are some options as we have explained above including sound icon, S icon, world icon, W icon, table icon, images icon and book icon. When you click on the sound icon, you can listen how to pronounce the word. If you click on the S icon, you can find the synonym of the words both in English and French. If you click on the World icon, it will show you some websites which talk about ‘hat’ where it can be a marketplace, the images, and any other things related to ‘hat’. If you click on the W icon, it will bring you to the Wikipedia page about ‘hat’. If you click on the Images icon, you will be brought to the images of hats. And if you click on the Book icon, you will be directed to the Reverse Dictionary where you are given the definitions of hat.
So, with Reverso Context, you will not only know a word or a sentence in the other languages, but also you will know the use of it from the examples. Also, you can get the synonym, how to pronounce the words, how the word is explained in Wikipedia, how the images, and also the definition of the word. Even you will know how the word is conjugated so that you will know when you use the word in a certain context. With Reverso Context, you will not only know the word in the other languages, but also you will know how to use the word in sentences.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…