When you perform an activity on Roblox, sometimes something unexpected happens, you’ll most likely want to report it as a problem or bug. This page will teach you how to report a problem or bug on Roblox.
How to Report a Problem or Bug on Roblox?
Here are the ways to report a problem or bug on Roblox:
Method 1: Posting to the Dev Forum
The first method to report a problem or bug on Roblox is by posting to the Dev forum. In the text below, you are going to see some steps to report a problem or bug on Roblox is by posting to the Dev forum.
Step 1: You have to go to https://devforum.roblox.com/c/bug-reports/10 and log in (if required). The default action you must take is to post the bug you discovered on the Dev Forum. You are able to use any web browser to post, as long as you are logged in. Please use the search feature to ensure the bug you are reporting has not already been reported. Of course, you have to have permissions to be able to post in the Dev Forum, so you cannot make a post without first being active on the Forum. By browsing and reading the Forum, you are going to level automatically to the required permission level to make a post.
Step 2: Now, you are able to make a post. There are many requirements that your post must meet if you want the bug you are reporting to be looked at. Of course, you will need the basics like an accurate title, a detailed description (explain what you expect and what occurs instead), where it occurs (you might include the links if the bug happens in certain places), when it occurs (include the date and time when the bug started occurring), the videos and images (to show how the problem or bug works), reproduction instructions and any required information.
- For the reproduction instructions, you have to ensure that your instructions are minimal (simplified), specific (obvious and detailed), and consistent (your steps must produce the bug 100% of the time which they are followed exactly).
- If the problem or bug is happening in Roblox Studio or Roblox engine when you use particular scripts, place setups, or instances, then you will need to include files which you are using. If your content contains private information, you have to DM the thread to the Logs/Other Bug Files group instead which is only visible to Roblox employees.
Step 3: Please include any required information and then publish your post. You have to differentiate if the bug you are reporting occurs on the site, in a specific game/user/group/, in Roblox Studio, or the game itself.
- If the bug is occurring on the site, report if the problem is still happening after you have disabled your web browser’s extensions and include the version of the web browser you are using.
- If the bug is occurring to a specific game/user/group, then you need to make a reproduction file which contains the bug or include direct links so that the engineers are able to experience the bug for themselves.
- If the bug is occurring in Roblox Studio, you have to ensure that it is a bug specific to Roblox Studio and post your bug report in https://devforum.roblox.com/c/bug-reports/studio-bugs/29. Also, you have to ensure that your plugins are disabled to see if the bug still occurs.
- If you are experiencing a problem or bug which causes Roblox or Roblox Studio to crash or freeze, just include a program dump, reproduction information, and your log files.
- If you have a disconnection or backend server issue, you have to give the Roblox team information to discover the problem and give your log files.
- If Roblox is lagging or running slowly, you have to include a microprofiler dump and your system information. For graphics problems, please include your system information.
Method 2: Sending a Contact Form
The second method to report a problem or bug on Roblox is by sending a contact form. In the text below, you are going to see some steps to report a problem or bug on Roblox is by sending a contact form.
- At the first step, you have to go to https://www.roblox.com/support. You are able to use this method if you are unable to post to the Dev Forum.
- After that, you have to enter your contact information. Please include your first name, username and email address.
- Please enter the issue details. Be as specific as possible when you are filling out this section. You are able to use the drop-down to answer “What device are you having the problem on.” In the drop-downs below “Type of help category,” choose Bug Report. When you answer the description prompt, you have to ensure that you answer as completely and specifically as possible. Please try to answer the questions like “What exactly does the glitch do?” “When did it start happening?”
- The last step that you have to do is to Click the Submit button. You are going to get an email confirmation that your report was sent as well as what to expect in the future regarding your problem/bug report.
How to Report Security Exploits?
In addition, here we are going to share a way to report security exploits. Roblox recognizes the crucial role that their user community and a community of security researchers play in assisting to keep Roblox and our community safe. If you think you have discovered a security issue or exploit on any of their products, you are able to let them know through their program on https://hackerone.com/roblox. You have to pay attention to the program’s scope to make sure that any testing you perform does not violate the program’s policy. Successful security bug submissions are eligible for the financial rewards. Please check the program’s details for current reward amounts.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…