When you first buy an Apple product, you are encouraged to register it with your Apple ID. This not only allows you locate your device in Find My iPhone feature, but also creates it easier to service or replace a broken or missing device. Even if you have already registered your AirPods with your Apple ID, you still need to have its serial number. So, how to find the serial number on an Airpods?
How to Find AirPod Serial Number Without Case?
If you do not have your charging case, but you have the original packaging, you will be able to find AirPods serial number next to the barcode. Also, you will be able to find the serial number on the original product receipt or invoice.
- If your device is using a software version earlier than iOS 14 or iPadOS 14, you are able to find the serial number by following these steps:
- At the first step, you have connect your AirPods to your iPhone or iPad first.
- After that, you have to go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, you are able to go to General -> About.
- Please scroll down until you see the name of your AirPods.
- You will be able to find the AirPods at the bottom of the screen. You will only see the AirPods here if it is connected to your device properly.
- Please tap on the AirPods and now you will be able to see your AirPod’s serial number on the screen.
- If your device is using AirPods (2nd generation) and AirPods Pro, each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. Once you wish to send your AirPods or charging case in for service, view the primary serial number, please printed on the case lid. You will not require the serial numbers on the AirPods.
There is no method to copy it right from there so you will have to enter it manually in your notes or any other app. Also, you are able to do it the traditional method.
How to Find AirPod Serial Number With Case?
Apparently, there are some easy and quick methods that you can find the serial number of your Apple AirPods. For your information, The first method need access to the AirPod case.
- You are able to find the serial number of your Apple AirPod on the AirPod case itself.
- AirPods serial number is written inside the lid exactly above the left earbud space.
The serial number is written in a very small font creating it hard to read it clearly.
- In such a case, you are able to click a picture of it using your phone and then zoom in to see the serial number clearly.
Find AirPods Serial Number Inside the Charging Case
Fortunately, unlike any other Apple device like iPhones or Apple Watches where Apple have deleted the serial numbers for good from the physical device, Airpods Pro still have their serial numbers printed inside its charging cases. To find the serial number of your AirPods inside the charging case, you have to follow these steps below:
- At the first step, you are able to open the lid of your AirPods charging case by flipping it.
- The AirPods serial number is located inside (on the lid where the left AirPod is).
If the serial number is too small to read or maybe it has already faded, you are able to proceed to other ways to find your Airpods’ serial number.
Can you update your Airpods manually?
Currently you cannot update your AirPods manually. We get information that part of the magic of the AirPods lies in their convenience, that means that Apple made sure you do not need to do much in order to be on the latest firmware version. If the option becomes available we will be sure to update this page accordingly.
How to use AirPods with pairing problems?
Sometimes the AirPods will not show up in the Bluetooth settings list for one reason or another. Whether you cannot connect to the earbuds from a new device or you only want to give your AirPods to someone else and need to disconnect them from your iCloud account, you will need to do a factory reset. Fortunately, it is not difficult to do. To factory reset your AirPods, you are able to do these steps below:
- With the earbuds still in the case flip, you have to open the lid.
- Without deleting the earbuds, you are able to go into the Bluetooth settings on your iOS device.
- Next to where it says AirPods, you have to click the small ‘i’ icon.
- After that, you have to click on “Forget This Device” and then click confirm once the notification pops up.
- Now, your phone has disconnected from the AirPods. Next, you will need to reset the AirPods themselves. To do this, simply you are able to hold down the setup button on the back of the charging case with the lid still open for approximately 15 seconds (or until you see the LED light flash amber).
- Finally, the AirPods have been completely reset. You are able to repair to new devices as if they were fresh out the box.
In other case, if your AirPods appear to be connected, but you still cannot get audio to come out of them, then the problem might be with your source device. Whether you are on Android, iOS, or any other operating system, it is probably a good idea to disconnect your AirPods and then reconnect. Please put them back in the case for at least 15 seconds while you turn off Bluetooth on your source device and turn on Airplane mode. If it still is not working, you are able to try restarting your phone. You may will be surprised how often problems can be fixed only by doing a simple restart.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…