The status pending on Securus means the request of a video visitation sent by a home user is waiting to be approved by the facility. This status will apparently be changed after it is approved or denied by the facility. To know more about the details, keep reading the post until the end.
Securus is aware of the importance of communication. To facilitate the incarcerated ones and their family members and friends, they offer some services. One of them is Securus Video Connect, which is also more known as Securus Video Visitation. With this, the family members or friends of the incarcerated ones are able to remotely visit their loved ones. For your information, the video session has to be scheduled in advance only according to the visitation hours that have been approved. If you are a family member or a friend of an incarcerated one, you should follow the rules and the times when the incarcerated one is available. The incarcerated one will also be informed in advance if there is a scheduled visit and they will be able to check in at the time of the visit.
Creating a Securus Online account is a must if you want to start using a service called Securus Video Connect. If you do not what to do, you can follow these following instructions to be guided:
- First of all, you will have to open this following link: https://securustech.net/video-products/index.html.
- On the page, choose Sign Up to create your account and to add Securus Video Connect by submitting some information such as your name, your address, and your photo identification.
After creating your account and after getting validated, the next thing that you need to do is to sign in. It can be done by following these following steps:
- Firstly, you should click on this link: https://securusvideovisitation.securustech.net/.
- When you are there, log in by entering the username and the password. The username is the first initial of your first name followed by your last name. For instance, Mason Greenwood will be Greenwood. As for the password, it will be password1. Apparently, it is able to be changed after login.
- After entering these two, do not forget to press the Sign In button.
Once you are logging in, it is time for you to request access to the facility that offers Securus Video Connect where the incarcerated one is incarcerated. In order to request the access, here is step by step to follow:
- The first thing that you have to do is to choose the Manage account.
- Then, choose Add A New Facility.
- In the next step, choose the state that the incarcerated one is located and then choose the facility where the incarcerated one is located.
- After that, you will get a confirmation message saying that your request was sent to the correctional facility where they will either approve or deny your visitation eligibility and you will get an email once the request has been approved or denied. From the time being, the status will show as pending.
Once your request is approved by the facility, you can schedule a visit as the option to do so is now available. As a user, you have a chance to schedule an appointment based on what is available and it can be different depending on the kind of visitation that you want to have. The kinds of visitation that are offered will be shown on each site. The statement means not every site offers all the offers. The available options usually include remote or at time, onsite, and both. Before scheduling a visit, make sure to read the terms and conditions first and accept it. After agreeing to the terms and conditions, you can schedule a visit by following this following guide:
- First thing first, you need to choose the type of visit.
- Then, click the Schedule Visit button.
- The next thing that you will have to do is to look for the incarcerated one. Feel free to do it by their name or by their ID.
- After that, choose the duration.
- The fifth step is to choose the date.
- Afterward, choose the time.
- For those who choose a remote visit, you will be asked for payment information.
- Please provide such information and do not forget to also confirm the appointment.
As mentioned before, a video visitation request may also be denied by the facility. There are a few possibilities that explain why a request is denied, including:
- Behavioral: Some cases include lockdown, inmate behavioral issues or account usage violations.
- Non behavioral: Some cases include terminal was not available, the terminal was inoperable, or the inmate was not produced in a timely manner.
- Invalid ID: ID is not uploaded, ID is expired, there is a non-government issued ID, ID is not legible or blurry, and so on.
- Invalid picture: Picture is not uploaded, picture has filters, picture is too blurry, and so on.
- Policy violation: User is under the age of 18.
- Security concern: User information does not match with ID, Id and picture do not match, and so on.
The facility has the right to either approve or deny the pending users. To approve or deny a request of a user, firstly, they will have to select the Users. This option is located under the row known as Administration. Next, click on the magnifying glass icon to find the user. If they want to see a home user, they can just click the icon with a piece of paper and a pencil which is found under Actions. Doing so will make the information of the home user to be shown. Under Group, they can click on Home User to either approve or deny the home user. Do not forget to click Proceed after making a decision.
Talking about the video visitation, it should be noted that the schedule of a video visitation can be modified in the visit date, time and terminal.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…