In the middle of pandemic, everything is preferred online, including working. For those the medical biller and coder who are wondering if there are any jobs for you that can be done remotely from home, the good news is that there are some. Here is the list of some remote medical billing and coding jobs for those who want to work from home as found on the website called Indeed:
- Remote medical billing specialist
- Company: ApexNetwork Physical Therapy
- Address: St. Louis, MO
- Job type: Full time
As a remote medical billing specialist, your jobs include:
- Working both individually and as a team for all of ApexNetwork PT’s locations.
- Handling the phone calls professionally and with courtesy
- Teaming up with the other members of the team to solve the problem and to reach the goals of the team
- Understanding Apex protocol and becoming an expert at the software systems
- There are some requirements for you to meet, including:
- Having experience in medical or dental billing is preferred.
- Coding specialist inpatient, remote
- Company/organization: Baptist Health South Florida
- Address: Miami, FL
As a coding specialist inpatient at Baptist Health South Florida, your job includes coding the inpatient records for the classification of all diseases, injures, procedures, and operations by using the ICD10CM/PCS coding system for BHSF facilities. The second thing that you have to do is to make sure the compliance of coding rules and regulations according to Regulatory Agencies or CMS, OIG. Another one is to work as a team to meet the departmental goals and AR goals.
In order to be coding specialist inpatient at Baptist Health South Florida, there are several qualifications for you to meet, including High School Diploma, Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Completion, GED, or equivalent training or experience required. Required Coding Certificate, preferred Certified Coding Specialist, CCS. Knowledge and thorough understanding of encoder system, Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), DRG/MSDRGs and National and Local Coverage Determination, NCD and LCD, Policies. Competency in Word and Excel. Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, management staff, and physicians. Required CCS certification within 2 years of employment, if not certified. Coding Certificate.
- Coder *remote*
- Company: Northern Light Health
- Address: 43 Whiting Hill Road, Brewer, ME 04412
- Job type: Full time
- Department: Health Information Management
- Position is located: Mercy State Street
- Education: High school diploma, General Education Development or GED
- Education equivalent experience: ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT course completion required. (Uncertified: 12 months to complete certification). RHIT and/or CPC, CIC, COC, CCS, or CCS-P required. Preferred: Associates Degree in HIM. Associates Degree in HIM Preferred.
To be hired, you will have to get a few competencies and skills, such as
- Achieves results
- Applies business acumen
- Behaves with integrity and build trust
- Cultivates respect
- Effectively communicates
- Fosters accountability
- Ability to understand the language
- Practice compassion
- Utilizes resources effectively
When you are hired by the company, there are some responsibilities that you have, including:
- Assigning ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT codes by following the Official Coding Guidelines, AHA Coding Clinic, and payer specific guidance.
- Asking physicians and providers when documentation needs clarification. Keep in mind that the abstract required data elements within the 3M database.
- Maintaining and showing a current knowledge of profession and completing required continuing education.
- Maintaining established quality benchmarks for DRG, CPT, E/M, Principal Dx, Secondary Dx, Disposition, and Charge Entry.
- Maintaining established productivity benchmarks for Observation, ED, Inpatient, Same Day Surgery, Primary & Specialty Clinic, and Ancillary account types.
- Maintaining a healthy environment that is based on NLH policies and procedures.
- Reporting and directly taking care of the environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
- Sometimes, doing some other duties upon request.
For detailed information about these job vacancies, the best thing that you can do is to go to the official website of Indeed or the official website of companies or organizations that offer the jobs. If the list above is not enough, you are recommended to visit Indeed or any other sites that provide the information for job seekers like you. In Indeed, aside from looking for a job by yourself, you can also wait for the companies or organizations to find you. If you like the idea, you can just make a resume and share it on the site. If there is a chance and you are lucky enough, you will be contacted by the companies or organizations that need the employees.
Some people actually prefer to work from home to have more time with family, lower commuting costs and stress, and so on. It is actually possible for the medical biller and coder to work remotely from home. both medical billers and medical coders have a chance to access medical records as long as there is a secure and stable internet connection. There are several companies that are known to hire the medical billers and coders who want to work remotely from home. These companies include Maxim Health Information Services, Humana, Aviacode, Precise Solutions, Medical Record Associates, Altegra Health, Conifer Health Solutions, LexiCode, Anthelio Healthcare Solutions, and The Coding NetWork. For more information about the opportunities, it is better for you to visit the official website of each company.
Medical biller and medical coders are able to work at different kinds of companies. You should be active to regularly check the healthcare facilities to see if they are looking for any remote billing and coding specialists. The organizations where you can find the medical billing and coding job include addiction treatment centers, birth centers, counseling centers, dental clinic, hospice homes, hospitals, imaging and radiology centers, mental health centers, nursing homes, orthodontic clinic, outpatient rare facilities, outpatient surgical facilities, rehabilitation centers, telehealth, walk-in clinics, urgent care centers, and so on.
There is always a chance for those who want to work hard. When finding the job opportunities, the main key is working hard and to not wait. Healthcare is one of the most needed things in the world and the jobs related to it is always a lot as long as you want to look for one.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…