Being a fresh graduate who are looking for a job might not be easy, especially when a lot of companies prefer to hire the ones with experience. For those the medical billing and coding job seekers with no experience, there is nothing to worry as there are a lot of chances for you.
One of the available job vacancies for the medical billing and coding with no experience is offered by Northern Light Health. This is a full time job that requires you to work 40 hours per week. On top of having no experience requirement, it is also able to be done remotely everywhere in the United States with the exception of California. The education that you have to get to submit your resume is high school diploma or General Education Development (GED). In addition to that, you will also have to get the ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT course completion, RHIT and/or CPC, CIC, COC, CCS, or CCS-P. If you have Associates Degree in HIM, your chance to get hired is higher.
Apart from these requirements, you have to also get a few competencies and skills, such as:
- Achieves results
- Applies business acumen
- Behaves with integrity and build trust
- Cultivates respect
- Effectively communicates
- Fosters accountability
- Ability to understand the language
- Practice compassion
- Utilizes resources effectively
There are several responsibilities given by the company for the hired employee, including:
- Assigning ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT codes by following the Official Coding Guidelines, AHA Coding Clinic, and payer specific guidance.
- Asking physicians and providers when documentation needs clarification. Keep in mind that the abstract required data elements within the 3M database.
- Maintaining and showing a current knowledge of profession and completing required continuing education.
- Maintaining established quality benchmarks for DRG, CPT, E/M, Principal Dx, Secondary Dx, Disposition, and Charge Entry.
- Maintaining established productivity benchmarks for Observation, ED, Inpatient, Same Day Surgery, Primary & Specialty Clinic, and Ancillary account types.
- Maintaining a healthy environment that is based on NLH policies and procedures.
- Reporting and directly taking care of the environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
- Sometimes, doing some other duties upon request.
For more information about the job vacancy above, it is better for you to visit the official website of Indeed as the information about it is found there. Indeed is the name of one of the best and the most recommended sites for those who are looking for jobs. If you want to find more jobs for medical billing and coding with no experience, feel free to visit the site. Below is step to follow to find more jobs for medical billing and coding with no experience:
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to the official website of Indeed at indeed.com.
- When you are on the homepage, you can just enter the keyword such as “medical billing and coding with no experience” in What column. s
- Before pressing the Find Jobs button, you are also able to enter the specific city, province, or region where you want to find the jobs in the Where column.
- When everything is done, you can just press the Find Jobs button and the results that you are looking for will be shown.
- Some results might be shown, to be able to see the details of one, you can just click on it.
The jobs for medical billing and coding are always welcome even for those without experience. For those the medical coders, you might want to check out the following list of the companies that hire medical billers and coders candidates with no experience:
- Maxim Healthcare Group: This one gives medical coding, documentation and auditing services for every client. In order to provide the health information to the patients, it hires long and short term remote medical coders.
- nThrive: A healthcare information management company named nThrive offers a lot of different kinds of work, including for medical billers and medical coders.
- UnitedHealth Group: A healthcare company called UnitedHealth Group offers a lot of opportunities for various positions, including for medical billers and medical coders.
- Aviacode: Aviacode gives opportunities for the certified medical billers and medical coders who are currently looking for jobs.
- Change Healthcare: Change Healthcare is named as an independent healthcare IT company. This one offers a lot of services, including network solutions and software. Medical coders are some that are hired by the company.
- The Coding Network: The Coding Network offers several things, including quality insurance and medical coding services. It is also possible for the employees to work from home.
- Conifer Health Solutions: Conifer Network is the one that provides managed services to a lot of healthcare facilities. Both quality assurance and medical coding positions are offered by the company.
- Humana: A health insurance company called Humana offers a chance for those who are looking for medical billing and medical coding jobs. Aside from that, there are also some opportunities for coding educators and case managers. The jobs are available to be done remotely from home. However, every employee is able to travel to its headquarters in Kentucky from time to time.
- iMedX: Both health information and clinical documentation services are provided by iMedX. The company hires remote medical coding specialists.
- Medical Record Associates: This one offers the chances for the medical billers and medical coders who want to work from home.
- Altegra Health: Altegra Health gives chance to the medical billers and medical coders. The jobs are available for on site and from home.
Medical biller and medical coders are able to work at different kinds of companies. You should be active to regularly check the healthcare facilities to see if they are looking for any remote billing and coding specialists. The organizations where you can find the medical billing and coding job include addiction treatment centers, birth centers, counseling centers, dental clinic, hospice homes, hospitals, imaging and radiology centers, mental health centers, nursing homes, orthodontic clinic, outpatient rare facilities, outpatient surgical facilities, rehabilitation centers, telehealth, walk-in clinics, urgent care centers, and so on.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…