The update of the Diablo 2 Resurrected or D2R was released on some platforms, including PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One. As shown on the official Diablo 2 Resurrected path notes, a Game Difficulty Scale is the latest update added to the game.
For those who are curious about the Diablo 2 Resurrected path notes 12.2 notes 2.3, here is the information for you:
- There is now a Game Difficulty Scale that is available in the options menu for the offline games. This one provides the same function as the /players debug command.
- Now, every player is able to enable Force Move. For those who have no idea what it is, it refers to an option that is available in the control settings. With this one, everyone is allowed to command their character if they want to make the character move to a certain place without targeting the monsters.
- Now, every player is able to enable Quick Cast, which is the name of an option that is available in the game settings. This option is the one that allows the players to use the abilities with hotkeys without needing to choose the skill in the UI.
- Now, every player is able to enable the additional bar called the Active Skill Bindings bar. This one is able to be found above the standard HUD that represents the skills players have mapped for their character.
Accessibility and graphical improvements
- A visual indicator has been added to the game. With this one, the players can indicate the time when the attack of the character misses an enemy in PvP. Do not forget to reference the options menu if you want to enable Miss Text.
- Now, Pets, Summons, and Mercenaries will wrap to the location of the player if they are located far from the character of the player.
- Pathing has been gotten better for player summons.
Chat and social
- Now, the TAB key is able to be used by the players to cycle through all channels in game and in lobby.
- Now, the text color for Whispers displays as a different color than system messages.
- Now, the Real Id friends of Battle.net display the Real Id names on your friends list in game.
- A visual indicator has been added to the game. This one can be used to represent the PC lobby characters who are muted or ignored the players.
- A visual indicator has been added to the game. This one has the ability to show the character level and expansion type to the PC lobby characters.
- The game is now supported by the NVIDIA DLSS or Deep Learning Super Sampling. For those who want to enable it, you can just reference your options menu.
- The proper error messaging has been added in cases where the game could not retrieve the online characters from the server.
- Now, there will be no way for the character selector to jump to the top of the list when deleting your character. Instead of jumping to the top of the list, your character selector will progress to the next sequential character.
Aside from this, Diablo 2 Resurrected path 12.2 also comes with a lot of different bug fixes. Below is the list of some bug fixes:
- The update fixed the issue where NPC Talic, Korlic, and Madawc’s VFX may not always play.
- The update fixed an issue that caused Hell Swarm opponents to show up as white when they spawned for a short amount of time before changing to their right color.
- The update fixed an issue preventing the Abyss Knight from getting full color tinting on frozen or poison effects.
- The update fixed an issue preventing the Imp monster deaths from being correctly tinted to match the color variant of the monster.
- The update fixed an issue preventing the skills of Valkyrie from Amazon from appearing as the right color.
- The update fixed an issue preventing part of the Willowisps from getting the right color tinting.
- The update fixed an issue where the exploding cow could appear again unexploded.
- The update fixed issues where in specific areas, players could partially fall into the floor or float above the ground.
- The update fixed issues where secret objects were wrongly highlighting.
- The update fixed issues where a few assets could disappear in a wrong way while on-screen.
- The update fixed issues where a few assets on lower detail levels had distorted geometry.
- The update adjusted red light intensity in a thing known as Throne of Destruction.
- The update fixed a lot of different kinds of texture issues and graphical bugs.
- The update fixed the issue that affects the Necromancer where the Dim Vision VFX could stretch during teleporting.
- The update fixed the issue where the animation stutters could happen when on the same time casting Inferno or Arctic Blast.
- The update fixed the issue that affects the Phoenix Strike VFX of the Assassin that could keep on the screen for the other players after the charges had been used.
- The update fixed the issue that affects the Necromancers Fire Golem death VFX showing up offset from the corpse.
- The update fixed the issue with Wolf and Dire Wolf summoning VFX that cause poly storming.
- The update fixed the issue that prevents the audio from properly playing in the Options menu when a controller is used.
- The update fixed the issue that prevents the audio of auto filling the belt from playing when R3 is pressed on the controller.
- The update fixed the issue that causes an infinite looping of voice lines when Diablo spawned in a game with a Classic character.
- The update fixed the issue that causes the music to begin from the beginning while toggling in and out of the Legacy Mode.
- The update fixed the issue in Act 3 where a few quest items would not play audio when they are picked up.
- The update fixed a crash that could appear if the Jab is used by the Act 2 Mercenary while transformed with the Delirium Rune Word.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…