It is possible for the users of Xbox to encounter the error code 0x87e11838. This error code may have shown up on your screen or may show up on your screen sometime in the future. They usually encounter this error code while trying to launch the games on the Xbox. If you are one of these users who are currently facing this error code and have no idea what to do or if everything is fine but you want to know about this error code, including about the way to fix it, just in case you encounter it one day, the methods will be given below.
Before finding out the methods to fix the error code 0x87e11838, it is better for you to know more about the error code 0x87e11838 first. So, what is the error code 0x87e11838?
The error code 0x87e11838 is the kind of error that is caused by a synchronization issue with the game data, according to an Xbox Ambassador or Insider on the official forum of Microsoft. This one is similar to the error code 0x838601e7. This error code is actually considered new, that’s why it is still not listed on the error list of Xbox. As it is considered new, there is no official information present related to this. However, if you are currently facing this kind of error, there are a few methods that you can try to fix the issue, as follows:
Method 1: Check the status of Xbox services
There is a chance of the error code 0x87e11838 to be caused by an Xbox One server problem as this error is only transitory. If it is the case, firstly, you should check the status of the Xbox server. It is possible for the error to show up on your screen if there is a server malfunction. In case every service is up and functioning but the error code is still there, you are recommended to try the next method.
Method 2: Toggle your internet connection on and off
A lot of users said that this method is working for them. If you want, you can also try this method to fix the issue. To be able to fix the issue by using this method, all that you have to do is to just simply go to the Wi-Fi settings on your console and then make it disabled. Do not forget to wait four to five seconds before reconnecting to your Wi-Fi network.
Method 3: Clear the cache on your Xbox One
In some cases, clearing the cache on your Xbox One device can fix a number of issues and there is no harm caused by this method. It is really useful in the temporary resolution of game launching issues. In the end, it will be needed for you to delete your cache files. In case you have no idea how to do so, there is nothing to worry as it is really easy. All the steps that you need to follow include:
- First of all, you should press and hold the power button on the Xbox. Please do it until it turns off entirely.
- Once it turns off entirely, the next thing that you have to do is to unplug the power wire from the rear of the box.
- Then, take a minute or two and wait before connecting the cable once again.
- Please wait until the power light changes from white to orange.
- When it changes, it is time for you to switch on your Xbox.
Method 4: Clear locally saved data
The next method that you can try to fix the error code 0x87e11838 is to clear locally saved data. In order to do that, you will have to press the Xbox button on your controller. It should be done to open the guide. After opening it, choose Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage. Lastly, select to Clear local saved games.
Method 5: Report the issue to Xbox Support
In case the error code 0x87e11838 still persists even after trying these methods above, you are suggested to report it to Xbox Support. If you want to report an issue via your Xbox, first and foremost, download the app known as Xbox Report a Problem. This one is available to download from the store. After downloading and installing it, you should follow a few steps to report an error code on Xbox, as follows:
- The first thing that you need to do is to press and hold the Xbox button that is able to be found on your controller. Do it to open the guide.
- When the guide opens, select Report a problem > Report new problem.
- After that, you can just follow the instructions that are shown on the screen and then choose Submit.
The error code 0x87e11838 is clearly not the only error code that usually appears on Xbox. Aside from this one, there are some other error codes that usually occur, such as:
- Error code 0x80070070: This one usually occurs when installing an Xbox an Xbox Game Pass game on a PC.
- Error code 0x8007045B: This one usually occurs when trying to install an Xbox Game Pass game on your PC.
- Error code 0x80070x00: This one usually occurs when launching a game or opening a guide.
- Error code 0x8007139F or 0x00000001: This one occurs when trying to install, update, or launch a game on a Windows 10 device.
- Error code 0x80073CF3: This one usually occurs when trying to install a game on Xbox One or a Windows 10 device.
- Error code 0x80073d00: This one usually occurs when trying to launch a game or app.
- Error code 0x8015402B or 8015402: This one usually occurs when trying to create a Microsoft account.
- Error code 0x87af000D: This one usually occurs when trying to install or uninstall a game.
If you want to find the other error codes that usually appear on Xbox, go to link here.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…