In the game called Animal Crossing New Horizons or ACNH, the amount of inclines that you can build on your island is limited to 8. As of now, you are not only allowed to have more than a total of eight inclines on your island. Upon knowing the rule, everyone has been freaking out and thinking that it is not fair for them. Why is there a limit on inclines in this game?
The reason why there is a limit is to limit how much space you can take up with these objects. Actually, it has always been like this since the launch. If you think 8 is not enough, the good news is that the max number will be changed when Version 2.0 is launched. Instead of 8, you will be able to build a total of 10 inclines. The Pro Construction License will be available to download from your Nook Phone to increase the current cap. It is really useful to add new routes through your island, making it possible for the villagers to access lakes and rivers, and you will be able to access the high up spaces on your island with ease.
While most players are complaining about the limit of inclines that are allowed in the game, it is actually not that bad. On the brighter side, it can sharpen your creativity. If you are creative enough, it should be no problem for you.
Whether you are gutted with the limit or not, it is a must for you to know the method to build an incline in Animal Crossing New Horizons. If you want to build an incline in the game, please follow these following instructions:
- First of all, you will need to talk to Tom Nook. The topic that you need to bring up is infrastructure. You can get a privilege to access the infrastructure after upgrading the Resident Islands. If you have no idea how to start the conversation, you can start it with Let’s talk about infrastructure.
- Then, pick between inclines and bridges. As you want to build inclines, please choose incline instead of bridge.
- In the next step, choose the variation of incline that you want to build. Each of them has its own cost. However, when it comes to the size, everything is the same. Here is the cost of each of them:
- Stone staircase: The price of this one is 168,000 Bells.
- Red steel staircase: The price of this one is 228,000 Bells.
- White-plant ramp: The price of this one is 128,000 Bells.
- Natural ramp: The price of this one is 98,000 Bells.
- Log staircase: The price of this one is 168,000 Bells.
- Blue-plank ramp: The price of this one is 128,000 Bells.
- Blue steel staircase: The price of this one is 228,000 Bells.
- Brick staircase: The price of this one is 198,000 Bells.
- After that, it is time for you to use the incline maker kit to set up the construction. If you do not know the location of it, it is apparently located next to a cliff. If you are familiar with the app named Island Designer to terraform the cliffs, remember that it is needed for you to get 2×1 spaces of a cliff above and 2×3 spaces on the ground before building an incline in that space.
- After putting down the incline maker, you will be able to see a Gyroid setting in front of the planned location to get the donations. To make the construction faster, you are encouraged to give him Bells. Once reaching the goal, the incline will be built immediately and it will be ready to use the next day.
Before building the inclines, there are a few things to take note, including:
- Make sure to be careful when placing them close to the building with a different width since the size of the incline is fixed, which is 2×4 space. The example of such a building is your house, which is 6 spaces in width.
- When choosing a place to build the incline, do not forget to get 2×1 spaces on the cliff and 2×3 spaces on the land below, totaling 8 spaces. Manipulating the land to your liking can be done with ease as long as there is the app named Island Designer unlocked in your phone.
- It is impossible to build the inclines diagonally, which is different compared to the bridges. With that being said, please build them only horizontally and vertically.
- It is prohibited to build the inclines directly next to each other if you want to make a wider ramp. It should be noted that each of them should be at least 1 space apart.
- There is no way for the inclines to be built when facing the water. Even if there is an adequate spacing, it is still prohibited when the entry or exit is facing the water. Take note that there should be a minimum of 1 space free around the incline.
If you want to move the incline, the sad news is that there is no way for you to do that after setting up the construction kits. Before building an incline, you are recommended to choose the location carefully to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Actually, you can move an incline, which is by destroying it first and then making another one.
What about destroying the incline? Can you do that? Unlike moving the incline, it is possible for you to destroy it. If you are thinking of doing this, the first thing that you have to do is to meet Tom Nook and talk about the infrastructure to him. Then, pay for 10,000 Bells to be able to destroy the incline. Once the transaction is done, it will no longer be around on the next day. It should be easy for you to do that if you follow every given step well.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…