If you are a new member of Priority Partners Insurance, you may want to know where you are able to find the Policy Number. This number can be important by your insurance provider to find out what kind of coverage and benefits that you can get from the plan that you choose.
How to Discover the Policy Number on Priority Partners Card
Do you see a member ID on your Priority Partners card? If so, that’s your policy number. Well, your member ID is your policy number where it can be found usually in your Priority Partners insurance card. However, if you are not sure about your policy number on your Priority Partners card, you are able to call the customer representative of Priority Partners Insurance company.
A member ID is usually a unique ID where it links to your specific health insurance benefits and coverage. Make sure that you do not confuse it with group number. Group number is not your policy number because group number is a unique number to your company and it is similar for all employees who take part in the insurance plan.
Thing to Know About Policy Number on Insurance Card
On the Insurance Providers site, you are able to read that a health insurance policy number is usually your member ID number and this number usually you can find it on your health insurance card. When your healthcare provider verifies your coverage and eligibility of the insurance plan that you have, they usually need this number.
You may have family members listed as dependents of your health insurance plan and if so, they may have their own unique policy number. It is because the number is used for identification and also the procedures of billing. Furthermore, the Insurance Providers also gives explanation on its site that your health insurance policy number is what identifies you as a covered person under your current or previous plans. You may be curious why this number is important. The reason is because if your jobs, status and some other information is changed, your policy number will need to match the new situation.
You have to remember that the health insurance policy number is the same as your member ID. However, you also need to remember that it is not the same as group number. On your insurance card, you may see a group member ID and you have to know that it is not your policy number. On the Insurance Providers site, it is explained that the health insurance policy number is your individual member number and generally your group number is your employer or where you get your insurance coverage from.
According to the Get Jerry site, generally health insurance policy numbers are nine to 14 digits long and in some states, the number may begin with a letter.
About Priority Partners Insurance
Priority Partners is an insurance company and this company is committed to the health of their members. They offer a variety of health benefits, services, and a statewide network of doctors, urgent-care centers, and hospitals to help keep you healthy as explained on their site.
You may wonder whether you are eligible for Priority Partners or not. Well, it is determined by the State of Maryland. The qualifications to be eligible are based on the size of family and also income. You are able to contact the customer service of Priority Partners at 800-654-9728 to know whether you are eligible or not or you can access the website of the State of Maryland.
Do you know how the process to sign up for Priority Partners? If you want to be a member of Priority Partners, here is the process according to the Priority Partners site.
- First, you have to sign up for Medicaid. You can see whether you are eligible for Medicaid by accessing the State of Maryland’s website or you are able to contact Priority Partners Customer Service at 800-654-9728.
- Then, you have to watch your mailbox for your Enrollment Kit. After you have registered for Medicaid with the State of Maryland, then an enrollment package with important information will be received by you.
- Now, you have to choose your Managed Care Organization (MCO) and here is the information that you need to sign up online.
- Your name
- Your relationship to the beneficiary you want to enroll
- The name of the beneficiary
- Case number which is provided in the enrollment package letter or the 11 digit Medical Assistance Number which can be found on the enrolment form in the enrolment package. If you use your case number, it will permit you to enroll all eligible beneficiaries in your family at one time. If you use your Medical Assistance Number, it will permit you to enroll one beneficiary at a time.
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) which is provided in the enrolment package letter.
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number. It is important for you to note that the last 4 digits need to match the name of the family member that you want to enroll.
As explained on the Priority Partners site, the Priority Partners HealthChoice plan includes coverage for the Medical Assistance For Families/ Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP), a program for pregnant women and children. If you become a Priority Partners HealthCHoice member, the benefits that you get are explained below.
- You get medical visits with a primary care physician (PCP).
- You get dental services. You get an oral exam and cleaning twice per year, limited x-rays, and simple and surgical extractions.
- You get vision services. You get 1 eye exam per year and 1 pair of glasses or contact lenses every 2 years.
- You get pharmacy coverage.
- You get outreach services. You can get help with transportation or scheduling doctor appointments and you are able to call at 888-500-8786.
- You get mental health and substance abuse services and you are able to call at 800-888-1965.
- You get care management services if you have diabetics, pregnant women, and various other illnesses.
If you are a pregnant woman, you get all of the benefits above and also these benefits:
- You get no- or low-cost childbirth classes. You will get reimbursed in part or in whole after the classes are over.
- You have access to pregnancy support. It is for members with a high-risk pregnancy.
- You get outreach assistance. You are able to locate OB physicians and keep OB appointments.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…