There is surely a lot of information on your Inland Empire Health Plan insurance card. For those who have zero knowledge about your card, you might be a bit dizzy right now. While you might think that knowing about it is pointless now, your thoughts may be changed when you have to see a doctor or go to other medical facilities.
In order to be ready when you see a doctor or any other ones, you are suggested to get your insurance card now and learn every single thing about it. One of the things that you have to learn and understand is the policy number. What is the policy number?
In general, the term policy number refers to a unique ID that allows the healthcare providers and their staff to verify coverage and arrange payment for services. Not only that, it is also the one that is used by the health insurers to look up certain members and answer questions about claims and benefits.
Every insurance card has a policy number. Just like any other insurance cards, the Inland Empire Health Plan or IEHP insurance card also has a policy number. So, if you are one of the customers of this company, there should be a policy number on your insurance card.
If you are new to Inland Empire Health Plan or IEHP insurance and have no idea about this card, you might want to find out the location of the policy number on your card so that you can answer it right away the next time you are asked by the medical staff. So, where is the policy number on the IEHP card?
The location of the policy number on IEHP card is the same as on the other insurance cards of the other companies. This kind of number is always located on the front of the card. On the IEHP card, it is located below the Name/Nombre or Name, depending on the version of the card. Besides, it is next to DOB and above Doctor.
When looking at your IEHP card, you might be confused about where is the policy number is as there is nothing called policy number. Please do not freak out. There is one on your card. The thing is that it is named differently. Instead of using the term “policy number”, Inland Empire Health Plan calls this number “ID#”. Can you see your policy number or ID# now? Isn’t it easy to find one?
The policy number or ID# on the IEHP card consists of a few numbers. If you are the policyholder, the last two digits in your number is usually 00. As for the other members of the same group, their policy numbers usually end in 01, 02, and so on.
The policy number of the ID# is not the only thing that you will be able to find on the front of your IEHP card. Aside from this number, there are some other things, such as:
- Carrier: This one is the name of the insurance company. In this case, it is IEHP A Public Entity.
- Name of the covered individual: This one is your name, the insurer. Unlike the other insurance cards, the IEHP card does not include the other names of the covered individuals. Usually, your name will be on the card if you are the policyholder. If you have dependents on your health insurance policy, such as a spouse or kids, their names are also usually listed on your card. If you are not the policyholder, your name is usually included in the card with the name of the policyholder in the separate fields.
- DOB: This is the date when you were born.
- Doctor: This is the name of your doctor.
- Hospital: This is the name of your hospital.
- Doctor number: This is the number of your doctor.
- Advice line: This is the number that you can call.
- Copayments: This is the payment information. It shows the amount that you will pay (out of pocket) for common visits such as primary care, emergency, and specialists. Usually, this kind of thing is listed as a fixed rate. Aside from that, it can also be listed as copay or as a percentage. For your information, most copays are due at the time of the visit.
What about the back of the IEHP card? What is shown on that side? On the back of the IEHP card, you will be able to see the suggestion to call 911 in case of an emergency. Aside from that, you can also go to the nearest hospital emergency room or ER. The next thing that is shown on the back is the number of the member service. Besides, there is also the 24 hour nurse advice line.
The Inland Empire Health Plan, which is also more known as IEHP in short, is the kind of insurance company that provides low income and working class individuals and families that have access to the health services through the Medi-Cal program. This company is known as one of the biggest Medicaid health plans and biggest non-profit Medicare-Medicaid plan in the United States. It has a network of more than 6,400 providers and more than 2,000 employees. This company is always committed to advocating for the members and providing them with quality, accessible, and wellness based health care services.
There are a lot of things offered by the Inland Empire Health Plan or IEHP. Some of them are intended for low income families that have kids, seniors, and people with disabilities who qualify for Medi-Cal. As for the families with a moderate income, they unfortunately do not qualify for Medi-Cal. However, there is a chance for them to get their kids low cost health insurance through a program known as IEHP Health Kids. In addition, it is still possible for every family who consists of four members that can collect up to $5,763 a month to qualify for this. For more information, please go to the official website of Inland Empire Health Plan.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…