Facebook provides security features for the users so that they are able to be safe from outsiders. It means that you are able to use the feature and avoid others to get access to your account. The feature requires you code generator. And now, the question is, where is the code generator on Facebook?
Finding Code Generator on Facebook App
According to the Instamber site, here are the steps that you have to do to find a code generator on the Facebook app.
- The first thing that you have to do is to log into your Facebook app.
- After that, you need to tap the three-line icon or hamburger icon on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Here, you have to scroll down and then you need to find Settings & Privacy.
- After that, you have to go to Settings.
- Now, you need to scroll down and tap Password & Security.
- And now, you need to tap Two-factor Authentication.
- You have to tap the Authentication app.
- And then, you need to copy the code or you are able to tap on same device.
- In this step, you have to open Google Authenticator. You can find it in the password section of your mobile or you are able to search for Auto Passwords on your phone.
- Now, you need to open Facebook in the Google Authenticator.
- You need to tap Verification Code Setup.
- And then, you need to paste the code from Facebook.
- Now, you have to return to Facebook on Google Authenticator and you need to copy a 6 digit number.
- And then, you need to paste it into the Facebook app.
And now, you have connected your Facebook to a Facebook code generator.
You need to use any Facebook code generator such as Duo Mobile or Google Authenticator to generate code. And you need to have access to these before login to Facebook.
If you want to use Google Authenticator to generate Facebook code, you have to go to your Settings and then choose Passwords.
Finding Facebook Code Generator on Desktop
According to the Instamber site, here are the steps that you have to do to find the Facebook code generator on the desktop.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access facebook.com and then you need to login to your account.
- After that, you have to click on your profile picture which can be found at top right.
- Here, you have to click on the Privacy & Settings.
- And then, you need to choose Settings.
- From the left menu, you need to choose Security And Login.
- And then, you need to scroll down to be able to see Two-factor Authentication.
Code Generator on Facebook
Some of you may still be confused about what the code generator in Facebook is. Well, it is a feature on Facebook app that is used with two-factor authentication so that your account is safe. If you activate this feature, and then you log in to your Facebook account from a new device or a cell phone, there will be a security code that will be generated or sent to your phone. And then, you need to use the code to confirm that it is you who are trying to log in to the Facebook account.
To get the code, you do not need an internet connection. The code is also able to help you to reset your password if you want to do that. The important thing that you need to know about the code is that the code will be expired after 30 or 60 seconds. If you do not use the code during this time, you must get another code. Let’s say that the code that you get is not working. If it happens, the thing that you have to do is to reset it by tapping on ‘My code doesn’t work’. So, you will get a new code.
About Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication is a feature which is used on almost all social media. This feature is provided by social media to add extra security to the users. If users activate this feature on their social media, it can protect their account more. If you activate this feature on your social media, every time you try to log in to your account from different devices, the app of the social media will send you a new code. It means that your account is safe because you are the only one who get the code that you can use to access your account.
The Things That You Should Do If Facebook Code Generator Not Sending SMS
Let’s say that you are not receiving the 6-digit code via SMS. If it happens, you are able to do one or some of the methods below according to the Instamber site.
- You must wait for some hours.
When you tap the code several times, you may enter the wrong code to Facebook so that you have to wait for a couple of hours and then you can try again. You have to make sure that you do not tap the sending code button twice.
- You have to check whether Facebook is down.
The reason why you cannot receive SMS from code generator may be because Facebook is down. So, the thing that you have to do is to access downdetector.com and then you have to search for Facebook there. If you find that there are any issues with Facebook, you will see it on a chart. If it shows that Facebook is down, then the thing that you have to do is to wait until it is normal again.
- You have to check your connection.
You have to make sure that you have a stable connection. If you want to know whether you have a good connection or not, you can open a browser on your smartphone or you are able to send a message on WhatsApp to check whether it is delivered.
- You have to make sure that the app is connected to the internet.
- You are in a prohibited region and if this is the case, you have to use VPN or you can change your IP and then try again.
- You are able to contact Facebook.
- You must wait for some hours.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…