You might be in a situation when you are not allowed by Spotify to log in to your account even though the username and password that you are using is correct. When you are in this kind of case, you might be confused and have no idea what to do, especially if the app suddenly locks you out.
What is actually wrong with your Spotify and why can’t you log in to your own Spotify account with the correct username and password? Find out the methods that might help you below:
Solution 1: Checking your login details
Before trying the other methods, it is better for you to make sure that you are using the right login screen. For those who made your Spotify account by using your Facebook account, please tap Log in with Facebook. The same thing goes to those who created a Spotify account using an Apple account. So, if your Apple account was used when creating a Spotify account, you will have to tap Log in with Apple. As for those who created your Spotify account the normal way, which is by using a stand alone username and password, then the best thing that you have to do is to tap Login.
If you move outside a country, make sure to go to your profile page to change your country settings. When you are in a different country, you may occasionally face a few different kinds of login issues when trying to connect to your Spotify account. Basically, the options are limited to logging in to Spotify from the country you originally signed up or updating your country settings. If you keep failing when editing your settings, you are suggested to contact Spotify support right away.
Solution 2: Resetting your password
For anyone who signed up to Spotify by using your Facebook account but your Facebook account is already deactivated, take note that it will be needed for you to reset your Spotify password. Here are all the steps to follow to reset it:
- First of all, you can use the password reset form that can be found here: https://www.spotify.com/us/password-reset/.
- Then, enter the email address that is associated with your Facebook account.
- After that, follow the on screen guide to be able to make a new password for your Spotify account.
- In case you get a message saying that your password link is not valid or if it is already used before, please open the reset link.
- Instead in the regular mode, do not forget to do it in the Incognito Mode.
Solution 3: Updating the app
It is important to make sure that you are running the newest Spotify version on your Android service. In order to update the app, you can follow the guide below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the app called Google Play Store.
- When you are there, go to the search bar and enter the word “Spotify” as the keyword to look for the app.
- The next thing that you have to do is to press Enter to get the app shown.
- When you are on the page of the app, hit the Update button to update the app.
- Remember to restart your device and check if the app allows you to log in now.
Solution 4: Clearing the cache
If there are too many junk files on your device, you might be prevented from logging in to Spotify. In order to fix the issue, you should clear the cache and then check if the issue is gone. To be able to clear the cache on your device, below is every step that you can follow:
- First of all, go to Settings.
- The second step is to choose Apps.
- Then, go to All Apps.
- Afterward, choose Spotify.
- In the next step, hit the Storage option.
- The sixth step is to tap the Clear cache button.
- After tapping the Clear cache button, it is time for you to go to Settings.
- Then, choose Storage.
- Lastly, clear every junk file from your device.
Solution 5: Reinstalling the app
The next method to fix the issue is to uninstall and then reinstall the app called Spotify. In case the app itself got corrupted, you can try to fix the login issue by reinstalling.
Solution 6: Removing the third party app access
If Spotify is linked to the other apps, all the steps that should be done include:
- First and foremost, go to your Apps page.
- When you are on the page, tap the Remove access button.
- Aside from that, you can also go to App Settings.
- When you are there, choose Connect to Apps.
- It will be needed for you to make sure to disconnect Spotify from the third party apps.
- In the end, you can check if this method can fix the issue.
If you fail to log in to your Spotify account even though you are confident that you are using the right username and password, feel free to try any solution mentioned above. If no one of them works, you are encouraged to contact the customer support of Spotify.
There are a few ways to contact the customer support of Spotify. These include sending them a message through Facebook, sending them a tweet on Twitter, and filling out a contact form on your account to ask a question.
Apart from contacting the customer support of Spotify, you can also try to find the community or forum and then make a thread or create a discussion so that you will be able to get help from the members of the community or forum. Usually, these places require you to create an account, so please create one. However, it is not always the case as some of them allow you to log in using the likes of Facebook account.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…