AdobeCollabSync stands for Adobe Collaboration Synchronizer. The .exe extension on a filename signifies an executable file/program. Sometimes, the executable files/program are able to damage your computer. Now, you need to read this entire article to determine for yourself whether the AdobeCollabSync.exe on your computer is a virus which you have to delete, or whether it is a file or program belonging to the Windows operating system.
WHAT IS ADOBECOLLABSYNC.EXE?
The original AdobeCollabSync.exe file is a software component of Adobe Creative Suite by Adobe Systems. The AdobeCollabSync.exe is an executable file which belongs to the Adobe Creative Suite, a group of software programs featuring graphic design, web development applications and video editing made by Adobe. In fact, this is not a serious Windows component and should be deleted if known to cause issues.
According to the research, on September 1, 2003 the first Adobe Creative Suite was launched. The applications which bundled with the suite were Acrobat, Audition, Adobe Bridge, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, Encore, InDesign, Lightroom, Premiere Pro and Photoshop. On May 7, 2012, the last version of Adobe Creative Suite 6 was released. Now, it is succeeded by Adobe Creative Cloud. Adobe Systems Incorporated is an American software giant that expands software products for web design, web hosting, image editing, video editing, servers, as well as formats such as PDF and Flash. For your information, the company was found in 1982 by Charles and John Warnockin. Currently, it is headquartered in San Jose, California.
IS ADOBECOLLABSYNC.EXE FILE SAFE, OR IS IT A VIRUS?
Now, you will be able to check the location of AdobeCollabSync.exe file to know whether this is a legit software or a virus. Remember that the location of the file is C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAcrobat DCAcrobat. To check whether the file is legit, you are able to start the Task Manager. After that, you have to click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns. Next, you will be able to look at the Verified Signer value for AdobeCollabSync.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
- File Name: AdobeCollabSync.exe
- Software Developer: Adobe Systems
- File Type: exe
- File Location: C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAcrobat DCAcrobat
- Software: Adobe Creative Suite
If the developer of the software is legitimate, so, it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious you have to delete it by using the uninstall program.
HOW TO KNOW WHETHER YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH ADOBECOLLABSYNC.EXE VIRUS?
Usually, malicious makers try to infect the systems with different types of malicious programs. Each form of malicious software is designed to infect the system which makes different problems and impacts on the system. You will be able to notice the following changes when the system is infected with AdobeCollabSync.exe malware.
- If the internet connection flaming is high.
- If the AdobeCollabSync.exe file is taking more of the CPU memory you use.
- If the system performance is low.
- If the system is redirected to several strange sites.
- If the system is getting some popup ads.
- If the system freezes frequently.
- If it invites other virus/malware to infect and harm the system and exploits the same to collect the user private information.
Once one of those occurs, you are able to be sure that your system is infected with setup.exe malware. To confirm that, you have to go to task manager by pressing the keys ctrl+alt+del and then go to the process tab. Please right click on the AdobeCollabSync.exe and open the location. If the location is subfolder C:\Program Files, it means that the system is not affected by AdobeCollabSync.exe. But, if the location is somewhere else, we are able to conclude that the system is affected by AdobeCollabSync.exe malware.
HOW TO DELETE OR UNINSTALL ADOBECOLLABSYNC.EXE
To delete AdobeCollabSync.exe from your computer, you are able to do some steps one by one.
- If the file is a piece of a software program, it is going to have an uninstall program. So, you are able to run the uninstaller which is located in a directory like C:Program Files>Adobe Systems>Adobe Collaboration Synchronizer orAdobe Creative Suite >AdobeCollabSync_uninstall.exe.
- The AdobeCollabSync.exe was installed by using the Windows Installer, to uninstall it you are able to go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- After that, Search for AdobeCollabSync.exe. Or in the search bar, you are able to search for the software name Adobe Creative Suite. Also, you are able to try out the developer name Adobe Systems.
- Next, click on it and choose the Uninstall Program option to delete AdobeCollabSync.exe file from your computer. Right now the software Adobe Creative Suite program along with the file AdobeCollabSync.exe is going to be deleted from your computer.
BEST WAYS FOR FIXING ADOBECOLLABSYNC PROBLEMS
A clean computer is the key requirement for avoiding issues with AdobeCollabSync. For this case, you have to run a scan for a virus or malware, clean your hard drive by using cleanmgr or sfc scannow, uninstalling files or programs which you no longer need, check for Autostart programs and enable Windows Automatic Update. Do not forget to always do backups at least to set restore points.
When you get an actual issue, you have to try to recall the last thing you did, or the last thing you installed before the issue appeared for the first time. For this case, you will be able to use the 6resmon command to signify the processes which are causing the issue. For serious issues, you should repair your installation. This offers you to repair the operating system without losing data.
To determine the AdobeCollabSync.exe process on your computer, the below programs have proven to be helpful:
- Security Task Manager
This displays all running Windows tasks; embedded hidden processes such as keyboard and browser monitoring or Autostart entries. The security risk rating shows the likelihood of the process being potential Virus, malware or spyware.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
This is going to detect and delete the spyware, Trojans, malware, and adware from your hard drive.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…