As we know that Roblox can be played on a number of devices. Now, you may be curious about playing Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 without a PC. If it is possible, how to do that? Let’s find out the way to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2 without PC in this article.
Roblox and Its VR Support
According to Game Revolution, The support of Roblox VR for the Oculus Quest 2 is a little bit difficult. It is not like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Valve Index. The reason is because the Quest 2 is a standalone device out of the box.
Roblox has VR support. As you are able to read on the official website of Roblox that Roblox has VR support and it lists the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. However, any device which can use SteamVR or the Oculus Store on PC is likely compatible.
Here are the steps for playing Roblox in VR on PC according to Game Revolution.
- The first thing that you must do is to download Roblox.
- After that, on HTC Vive/ Valve Index, make sure that the SteamVR app is open. On Oculus Rift, you need to make sure that “Unknown Sources” is checked in the General Settings.
- Also, you need to make sure the headset is attached to the computer and launch Roblox.
- Now, the thing that you have to do is to go to the in-game settings toggle VR mode to “On” in the settings menu.
- Then, you need to choose Play on any Roblox game in the browser.
After you follow the steps above, then the game should launch in VR mode and appear on the headset.
Playing Roblox VR on Oculus Quest 2 Without a PC
According to Game Revolution, here is the explanation about playing Roblox VR on Oculus Quest 2 without PC.
The Oculus Quest 2 is a standalone device which has access to the Oculus Store. So, it could be rational if we think that Roblox VR would be available. However, the developers have not released a native app for the Oculus Quest 2. What does it mean? The meaning is that for now the only method that you can use to be able to play Roblox VR on the Quest 2 is by using it as a PC-connected headset.
You have to be grateful because the Oculus Quest 2 is easy to connect to a PC. It is able to use the Oculus Link feature with a USB-C cord or USB-A to USB-C or with an additional program. It is even able to stream games for the PC wirelessly.
About Roblox VR
On the Roblox platform, there is some information about Roblox VR including how to enable it, how to use the VR Radial menu, how to toggle VR mode and VR control schemes. Here is some of that information.
With Roblox VR (Virtual Reality), you are able to increase your Roblox experience. Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on Windows PCs are supported by Roblox. Do you want to enable VR? If so, you have to install Roblox first and after that you can follow the steps below for enabling VR. Note that your device needs to be properly connected to your PC. Also, the VR mode is togged to On in the in-game settings.
On HTC Vive, you can enable VR like this:
- First, from your computer, you have to open the SteamVR app.
- After that, you need to make sure that your base stations are powered.
- After that, you also have to make sure that your headset is connected to the computer through the link box.
- Now, you have to turn the controllers on by pressing the System button until you hear a beeping sound. If you want to turn the controller off, you have to press and hold the System button until there is a beeping sound.
- Now, you should see that the status icons on the SteamVR app and the status lights on the hardware are all green.
If you want to bring up the System Dashboard, you have to press the System button on the controller. It is also important to note that when you quit the SteamVR app, the controllers will automatically turn off. The controllers turn off automatically after it is idle for a period of time.
Enabling VR in Oculus Rift can be done like this.
- First, you have to open the Oculus App on your computer and then you have to choose the gear icon which can be found in the upper right.
- After that, you have to choose Gear Settings.
- And then, you have to choose General on the left menu.
- Now, you have to toggle the Unknown Sources settings and then you will see that it appears as a check instead of an x.
- Now, you have to confirm your selection to enable this setting.
- You have to choose Play on a Roblox game.
- Now, there will be a square screen on your monitor which indicates VR mode.
- Now, you can put on your headset and play the game.
Now, how to use the VR Radial menu? By using the VR Radial Menu, you are able to access all of the important system settings. How to use the VR radial menu? The steps are provided below.
- You have to tap the Menu button so that it will bring up the VR Radial Menu.
- And then, you have to choose any of these options.
- System Menu: It is for accessing system options.
- Player List: It is for viewing the game server’s player list.
- Recenter Camera: It is for recentering cameras on your character.
- Notifications: It is for viewing Roblox notifications.
- Exit Game: It is for exiting the game.
- Backpack: It is for viewing your in-game inventory.
- 2D UI Toggle: It is for toggling 2D UI features on/off and it should stay on for optimal Roblox gameplay.
Do you know how to toggle VR mode? VR mode can be toggled on or off in the game. If the VR mode is On, you are able to toggle it to Off by tapping the Menu button to bring up the VR Radial Menu. Then, you have to choose the System Menu option and toggle the VR option to Off. When VR mode is Off, you can toggle it to On by bringing up the System Menu and you can do that by pressing ESC on your keyboard. Then, you can toggle the VR option to On.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…