Each Terraria NPC has a preferred biome, along with likes, dislikes, and several other NPCs that they love. For this case, you have to learn about Terraria NPC preferences. You do not worry, in the text below, you are going to see a list of Terraria NPC Preferences.
Terraria NPC Preferences
|NPC||Biome Preference||Neighbour Preference|
|Guide||Likes Forest||Dislikes Ocean||None||Clothier
|Merchant||Likes Forest||Dislikes Desert||None||Golfer
|Zoologist||Likes Forest||Dislikes Desert||Witch Doctor||Golfer||Angler|
|Golfer||Likes Forest||Dislikes Cavern||Angles||Painter
|Nurse||Likes Hallow||Dislikes Snow||Demolitionist||Goblin Tinkerer||Guide|
|Party Girl||Likes Hallow||Dislikes Cavern||Wizard
|Wizard||Likes Hallow||Dislikes Ocean||Golfer||Merchant||Witch Doctor|
|Demolitionist||Likes Cavern||Dislikes Ocean||Tavernkeep||Mechanic||Arms Dealer
|Goblin Tinkerer||Likes Cavern||Dislikes Jungle||Mechanic||Dye Trader||Clothier|
|Clothier||Likes Cavern||Dislikes Hallow||Truffle||Tax Collector||Nurse|
|Dye Trader||Likes Desert||Dislikes Forest||None||Arms Dealer
|Arms Dealer||Likes Desert||Dislikes Snow||Nurse||Steampunker||Golfer|
|Steampunker||Likes Desert||Dislikes Jungle||Cyborg||Painter||
|Dryad||Likes Jungle||Dislikes Desert||None||Witch Doctor
|Painter||Likes Jungle||Dislikes Forest||Dryad||Party Girl||
|Witch Doctor||Likes Jungles||Dislikes Hallow||None||Dryad
|Stylist||Likes Ocean||Dislikes Snow||Dye Trader||Pirate||Tavernkeep|
|Angler||Likes Ocean||Dislikes Desert||None||Demolitionist
|Pirate||Likes Ocean||Dislikes Cavern||Angler||Tavernkeep||Stylist|
|Mechanic||Likes Snow||Dislikes Cavern||Goblin Tinkerer||Cyborg||Arms Dealer|
|Tax Collector||Likes Snow||Dislikes Hallow||Merchant||Party Girl||
|Cyborg||Likes Snow||Dislikes Jungle||None||Steampunker
|Santa Claus||Likes Snow||Hates Desert||None||None||None|
Well, this is a list of Terraria NPC Preferences. As we can see on the list above, each Terraria NPC has a list of different preferences. There are several NPCs who prefer to live in different biomes. While several NPCs prefer the company of other NPCs. Of course, all of these factors determine their NPC’s happiness levels.
In addition, read on the text below to get other information related to each Terraria NPC.
- Move-in Requirement: Starting the new world.
- Description: Gives tips, recipes, shows and is sacrificed for Wall of Flesh.
- Move-in Requirement: 50 silver.
- Description: Sells the basic tools and supplies.
- Move-in Requirement: Boosted health with a heart crystal.
- Description: Can heals a player and also removes the buffs for free.
The Arms Dealer
- Move-in Requirement: The players have bullets or a gun in their inventory.
- Description: Sells guns, bullets, and also other ammunition
- Move-in Requirement: Eight other NPCs have moved in.
- Description: Sells paints, Jungle Pylon, paintings, and painting tools.
The Dye Trader
- Move-in Requirement: a player gets a dye item and kills a boss. Or, a player gets one strange plant.
- Description: Sells the Dye Vat crafting station, and also trades Rare Dye for the strange plant.
- Move-in Requirement: 10 percent of progress made in Beastiary.
- Description: Sells critter related to the items and a leather whip.
- Move-in Requirement: Rescued from Underground Desert.
- Description: Sells golf related to the items.
- Move-in Requirement: Defeat a boss.
- Description: Sells nature-related items, reports on Hallow or Corruption percentage.
- Move-in Requirement: Eater of Worlds defeated and Tavernkeep is spoken to at the random location.
- Description: Sells items which summon and help fight the Old One’s Army.
- Move-in Requirement: Discovered and then spoken to in a Spider Cave.
- Description: Can alter player’s hairstyle and also sell hair dye.
- Move-in Requirement: Discovered floating in the Ocean.
- Description: Provides fishing quests and rewards.
The Goblin Tinkerer
- Move-in Requirement: Discovered and spoken to in a cavern after beating Goblin Invasion.
- Description: Sells the items like Tinkerer’s Workshop and also can reforge items.
The Witch Doctor
- Move-in Requirement: The Queen Bee has been defeated.
- Description: Sells Blowgun, Summoner Equipment, Imbuing Station and Fountains.
- Move-in Requirement: Defeat the Skeletron.
- Description: Sells Vanity Outfits.
- Move-in Requirement: Rescue from Dungeon.
- Description: Sells Wrench, Wire, and other Mechanic items.
The Party Girl
- Move-in Requirement: 2.5 percent chance of spawning after 14 NPCs move in or you are able to find her on the Secret Seed.
- Description: Sells stylish party items.
- Move-in Requirement: Released in Cavern Layer (Hardmode).
- Description: Sells the magical items.
The Tax Collector
- Move-in Requirement: A soul is changed with Purification powder.
- Description: Generates money for the player, depend on how many NPCs you have.
- Move-in Requirement: House made in and above-ground Glowing Mushroom biome.
- Description: Sells Autohammer and Mushroom items.
- Move-in Requirement: Pirate Invasion defeated.
- Description: Sells Blowgun, Imbuing Station, Fountains and Summoner equipment.
- Move-in Requirement: Defeat a Mechanical Boss.
- Description: Sells Teleporter, Jetpack, Clentaminator, and Steampunk items.
- Move-in Requirement: Plantera is defeated.
- Description: Sells Proximity Mine Launcher, Nanites and Rockets.
- Move-in Requirement: Frost Legion defeated (only for Christmas time).
- Description: Sells Christmas themed items.
- Move-in Requirements: A player has an explosive in his/her inventory.
- Description: Sells the explosives.
Terraria NPCs for Forest Biome:
- Party Girl
Terraria NPCs for Jungle Biome:
- Witch Doctor
Terraria NPCs for Hallow Biome:
- Arms Dealer
Terraria NPCs for Snow Biome:
- Santa Claus
- Goblin Tinkerer
Terraria NPCs for Underground Biome:
Terraria NPCs for Desert Biome:
- Dye Trader
- Tax Collector
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…