NPCs are automated non-player characters that give services to the players. Each NPC in Terraria has a preferred biome, along with likes, dislikes, and some other NPCs they love/hate. Now, in this page, we are going to share a list of Terraria NPC likes and dislikes (Biome preference and Neighbour preference).
Terraria NPC Likes and Dislikes
|NPC||Biome Preference||Neighbour Preference|
|Guide||Likes Forest||Dislikes Ocean||None||Clothier
|Merchant||Likes Forest||Dislikes Desert||None||Golfer
|Zoologist||Likes Forest||Dislikes Desert||Witch Doctor||Golfer||Angler|
|Golfer||Likes Forest||Dislikes Cavern||Angles||Painter
|Nurse||Likes Hallow||Dislikes Snow||Demolitionist||Goblin Tinkerer||Guide|
|Party Girl||Likes Hallow||Dislikes Cavern||Wizard
|Wizard||Likes Hallow||Dislikes Ocean||Golfer||Merchant||Witch Doctor|
|Demolitionist||Likes Cavern||Dislikes Ocean||Tavernkeep||Mechanic||Arms Dealer
|Goblin Tinkerer||Likes Cavern||Dislikes Jungle||Mechanic||Dye Trader||Clothier|
|Clothier||Likes Cavern||Dislikes Hallow||Truffle||Tax Collector||Nurse|
|Dye Trader||Likes Desert||Dislikes Forest||None||Arms Dealer
|Arms Dealer||Likes Desert||Dislikes Snow||Nurse||Steampunker||Golfer|
|Steampunker||Likes Desert||Dislikes Jungle||Cyborg||Painter||Dryad
|Dryad||Likes Jungle||Dislikes Desert||None||Witch Doctor
|Painter||Likes Jungle||Dislikes Forest||Dryad||Party Girl||Truffle
|Witch Doctor||Likes Jungles||Dislikes Hallow||None||Dryad
|Stylist||Likes Ocean||Dislikes Snow||Dye Trader||Pirate||Tavernkeep|
|Angler||Likes Ocean||Dislikes Desert||None||Demolitionist
|Pirate||Likes Ocean||Dislikes Cavern||Angler||Tavernkeep||Stylist|
|Mechanic||Likes Snow||Dislikes Cavern||Goblin Tinkerer||Cyborg||Arms Dealer|
|Tax Collector||Likes Snow||Dislikes Hallow||Merchant||Party Girl||Demolitionist
|Cyborg||Likes Snow||Dislikes Jungle||None||Steampunker
|Santa Claus||Likes Snow||Hates Desert||None||None||None|
Well, this is a list of Terraria NPC likes and dislikes (Biome preference and Neighbour preference). On the list above, you are able to see that each Terraria NPC has a list of different preferences. There are some Terraria NPCs who prefer to live in different biomes. While some Terraria NPCs prefer the company of other NPCs. Of course, all of those factors determine their NPC’s happiness levels.
Additionally, look at the text below to get other information related to each NPC in Terraria.
- Description: Gives some tips, recipes, and shows.
- Move-in Requirement: Starting the new world in Terraria.
- Description: Sells some basic tools and supplies.
- Move-in Requirement: 50 silver.
- Description: Sells critter related to some items and a leather whip.
- Move-in Requirement: 10 percent of progress made in Beastiary.
- Description: Sells golf related to items.
- Move-in Requirement: Rescued from Underground Desert.
- Description: Will heals a player and also removes the buffs for fee.
- Move-in Requirement: Can boost health with a heart crystal.
- Description: Sells stylish party items.
- Move-in Requirement: 2.5 percent chance of spawning after 14 NPCs move in.
- Description: Sells some magical items.
- Move-in Requirement: Released in Cavern Layer.
- Description: Sells the explosives.
- Move-in Requirements: The players have an explosive in their inventory.
- Description: Sells some items like Tinkerer’s Workshop.
- Move-in Requirement: Discovered and spoken to in a cavern after beating Goblin Invasion.
- Description: Sells some Vanity Outfits.
- Move-in Requirement: Defeat the Terraria Skeletron.
- Description: Sells the Dye Vat crafting station. Also, trades Rare Dye for the strange plant.
- Move-in Requirement: A player obtains a dye item and kills a boss. Or, a player obtains a strange plant.
- Description: Sells guns, bullets, and some other ammunition.
- Move-in Requirement: The players have bullets/ gun in their inventory.
- Description: Sells Teleporter, Jetpack, Clentaminator, and Steampunk items.
- Move-in Requirement: Defeat a Mechanical Boss.
- Description: Sells some nature-related items, reports on Hallow or Corruption percentage.
- Move-in Requirement: Defeat a boss in Terraria.
- Description: Sells paints, Jungle Pylon, paintings, and painting tools.
- Move-in Requirement: Eight other NPCs have moved in.
- Description: Sells Blowgun, Summoner Equipment, Imbuing Station and Fountains.
- Move-in Requirement: The Queen Bee has been defeated.
- Description: Will alter player’s hairstyle and also sell hair dye.
- Move-in Requirement: Discovered and then spoken to in a Spider Cave.
- Description: Provides the fishing quests and rewards.
- Move-in Requirement: Discovered floating in the Ocean.
- Description: Sells Blowgun, Imbuing Station, Fountains and Summoner equipment.
- Move-in Requirement: Pirate Invasion defeated.
- Description: Sells Wrench, Wire, and other Mechanic items.
- Move-in Requirement: Rescue from Dungeon.
- Description: Generates money for the player, depending on how many NPCs you have.
- Move-in Requirement: A soul is changed with the purification powder.
- Description: Sells Proximity Mine Launcher, Nanites and Rockets.
- Move-in Requirement: Plantera is defeated.
- Description: Sells Christmas themed items.
- Move-in Requirement: Frost Legion defeated (for Christmas time).
- Description: Sells Autohammer and Mushroom items.
- Move-in Requirement: House made in and above-ground Glowing Mushroom biome.
- Description: Sells items which summon and help fight the Old One’s Army.
- Move-in Requirement: Eater of the worlds defeated.
Terraria NPC Biomes
Biomes are the different types of areas in Terraria world. Every biome has its characteristic terrain blocks, collectible items, background walls, backdrops, opponents critters, theme music, Angler Quest fish, and other features.
Forest Biome for NPCs including:
- Party Girl
Hallow Biome for NPCs including:
- Arms Dealer
Snow Biome for NPCs including:
- Santa Claus
- Goblin Tinkerer
Jungle Biome for NPCs including:
- Witch Doctor
Underground Biome for NPCs including:
Desert Biome for NPCs including:
- Dye Trader
- Tax Collector
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…