The aim of this guide is to give the outline of the progression through the Calamity God. There are several new points of progression added to the mod and there are also some changes to the mechanics of the base game as well.
- As a player, you begin with a few items, including the Starter Bag, Iron Heart, and Revengeance. There are some weapons in the bag for each class in the game. In addition, there are Death and Defiled Rune.
- Not only mining for Ores, Wulfrum Metal Scraps and Energy Cores are the first materials that needed to be found by the players to make armor and weapons.
- Do not forget to check through the Biomes and Events for the items that may be useful.
- There are a few new structures spawn across the world, including Planetoids, Shrines, and Evil Island.
- Some opponents drop vanilla items for convenience, including Crawlers that drop gems, Cosmic Elementals that drop Bone Sword, Starfury and Arkhalis, and so on.
- New items are sold by NPCS, including the summoning ones.
- Blood Orbs are dropped by the opponents during Blood Moons. It is effective to make the crafting potions easier even though it needs the Alchemy Table from the Dungeon.
- Proficiency is yielded by killing opponents or damaging bosses.
- A new Rogue class is also added by the mod.
- Some items and some modifiers have been rebalanced throughout the progression.
Early boss progression
- Once you have collected lots of loot, go to the Underground Desert to get the Victide Bar set and fight the Desert Scourge.
- After defeating the Desert Scourge, you can enter the Sunken Sea.
- After defeating the Eye of Cthulhu, Acid Rain show up and you are free to challenge the first tier in the Sulphurous Sea.
- If you want, you can fight Crabulon.
- Once the Eater of worlds or Brain of Cthulhu is defeated, challenge The Hive Mind/The Perforators.
Late boss progression
- The next thing is fighting Skeleton and visiting the Dungeon.
- The Abyss is huge and it is located beside the Dungeon.
- After that, it is possible for the player to defeat The Slime God.
- The last thing is preparing to defeat the Wall of Flesh and enter Hardmode.
- Rod of Discord can be crafted through fishing or dropped using the Defiled Rune.
- Non-linear in progression has been made by some vanilla bossed.
- The Steampunker NPC spawns right when the Hardmode starts.
- If there is Fabsol’s Vodka in your inventory, you can move in the Drunk Princess NPC.
- In Spaces and the Cavern layer, the Cloud Elemental and Earth Elemental spawn.
- The new opponents in Sunken Sea and the Giant Clam are buffed.
- Apparently, the Astral Infection spawns into the world.
- A total of three new essences are available in Space, The Underworld and the Snow biome.
- After the death of the 3 Mechanical Bosses, the Blood Orange can also be crafted.
- The Brimstone Crag is able to be explored.
Early-Hardmode boss progression
- Cryogen, Aquatic Scourge and Brimstone Elemental become available.
- After defeating a total of six bosses, it is better for the player to fight Calamitas or Plantera.
- Once the Calamitas has been defeated, there is a possibility of the middle area of the Abyss to be explored.
Post-Plantera boss progression
- It is possible for the Great Sand Shark to spawn during a Sandstorm.
- The Armored Digger might show up in the Cavern layer.
- Certain opponents may drop Solar Veils during a Solar Eclipse.
- Ectoblood is dropped by opponents within the Dungeon.
- Leviathan and Anahita and Astrum Aureus are the next bosses to face.
- Getting rid of Astrum Aureus can make the Astral enemies to earn increased stats and drop unique weapons.
- After defeating Golem, visit the Abyss for the second time to mine for Scoria Ore.
- Then, fight The Plaguebringer Goliath, Duke Fishron, Ravager, and the Lunatic Cultist.
- Use a Titan Hearth of Starcore at the Astral Beacon before fighting Moon Lord.
After the Moon Lord is defeated, some things will happen.
After The Profaned Guardians are defeated, a Profaned Core will be dropped. It can be used to summon Providence, the Profaned Goddess.
It is possible for the Providence, the Profaned Goddess to drop different loot depending on the place you summon her.
Post-Providence, the Profaned Goddess
- The thing that allows player to get Tarragon armor named the Uelibloom is now available.
- Some previous bosses and the opponents in the Brimstone Crag turn buffed and drop Bloodstone that can be sued to craft some items in the Bloodstone set.
- The Rune of Kos will be dropped by providence.
- It is recommended to fight Polterghast and its death can open the bottom layer of the Abyss.
- The Terminus item is able to be found at the bottom of the Abyss.
- The Cosmic Worm is able to be crafted after a total of three Sentinels of the Devorer are defeated.
Post-The Devourer of Gods
- The Frost Moon and the Pumpkin will get the good buff once The Devourer of Gods has been defeated, with specific opponents drop Endothermic Energy and Nightmare Fuel.
- The Draedon’s Forge can be crafted by mixing Cosmilite Bars, Endothermic Energy, Nightmare Fuel, and the Hardmode crafting stations.
- It is time for Jungle Dragon, Yharon to be challenged.
Post-Jungle Dragon, Yharon Phase 1
- Yharon will fly away and leave some of his drops when he reaches 10% health.
- It is needed for Yharon to be rechallenged after gathering some new gear.
Post-Jungle Dragon, Yharon Phase 2
- Drew’s Wings will be dropped by Yharon.
- The thing called Auric Ore is now available underground.
- It is also possible to craft the Eye of Extinction.
- The player can craft the Shadowspec, making them able to get the Demonshade armor.
Once the battle against the Boss Rush is done, you are in the endgame. There are some options of where to keep going, including playing the other mods or reset the adventure with the Calamity Mod as a different class.
There are a few things that you can try, such as defeating the Adult Eidolon Wyrm, gathering up each single accessory, making pixel art of content added by the Calamity Mod, learning speedrunning, beating more than one boss at the same time, completing all Angler fishing quests added by the Calamity God, and many more.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…