You may want to change your Roblox username or you may want to create a new Roblox account, but you do not know whether the name that you want to create is available or not. If so, you may need a Roblox available name checker.
Checker for Roblox Available Name
In the Connectdev website, you are able to find a post entitled Roblox|Username Checker. In this post, a user with username ‘dan’ posted that he created a username checker+generator which will generate username and check them whether they are available. He also wrote that he tried doing this for an hour on 4 letter usernames and none were available. So, he suggested that you can try to find a 4 letter username. To configure the amount of letters the username should get, you are able to go to the main LocalScript inside the ScreenGui.
Local LETTER_AMOUNT = 5 — how much letters should the usernames have?
According to the post, any number between 3 and 20 should work fine.
The name of the game is Username Generator which was created by @Dan_PanMan on August 2nd, 2020. The size of the server is 50 and until now, this game has been visited more than 5k times.
Changing Username in Roblox
Talking about Roblox available name checker, there is an information which is important about changing your username in Roblox. On Roblox, you are permitted to change your account’s username. You are able to do that in the account settings. However, everytime you change your username, it costs Robux.
How to change the username in Roblox?
- The first thing that you have to do is to log into your account.
- After you log into your account, then you have to go to account Settings. If you access Roblox through the browser, you can access it by finding the gear icon which is located at the upper right corner of the website. However, if you use Roblox mobile apps to access it, you can find the three dots icon for More.
- The next thing that you have to do is to choose the Account Info tab.
- Now, you have to choose the Change Username button. The icon of it looks like a pencil and paper.
- Then, you have to enter your new username and then enter your current Roblox password.
- At last, you have to choose the Buy button.
- Now, you are allowed to sign in with the new username and current password.
You are able to find a list of previous usernames on the Account Settings and Profile pages together with People search. By using the methods that we have explained above, you are able to change back your username to the previous one. However, it is important to note that every time you change your username, it costs Robux. How much Robux do we have to pay? It is 1,000 Robux.
When you change a username in Roblox, there are several things that you have to note.
- You are not allowed to use a name which is owned by another account.
- You are not permitted to swap usernames with your Alt account.
- There are no discounts available for simple changes such as making a name capitalized.
- The date of original account creation will carry over to your new username.
- Other players are able to view your previous usernames.
About Usernames in Roblox
In Roblox, a username is a string of characters which are unique where it is used to identify a user on Roblox. As a Roblox player, you are able to choose any available username that you want after you create an account. You are permitted to have 3 to 20 characters in your username which consist of numbers, letters and up to one underscore.
When you create a username in Roblox, there are a number of restrictions where your username cannot have these things.
- Your username cannot be all numbers.
- Make sure that your username does not have spaces.
- Your username cannot have inappropriate phrases in them unless your username is deleted.
- Your username cannot have copyright infringement in them.
- Your username cannot have 2 or more underscores.
- Your username cannot have more than 20 characters.
- Your username cannot have less than 3 characters.
- Your username cannot copy the username of someone else.
- Your username cannot have special characters in them.
- Your username cannot have a username of a banned user.
- Your username cannot contain underscores as the first or last character of the username.
- Your username cannot contain any private information about someone.
- Your username is not able to be a user who changed their name.
- Your username cannot be ‘Robloxian’ which is followed by numbers because if you do that, it will say that username is not available and you are suggested to try again, unless you are on mobile devices.
- Your username cannot have any rude or offensive comments about something.
- Your username cannot have cuss words.
- Your username cannot have anything related to romance.
- Your username cannot have real life physical or suicide threats to others or yourself.
- Your username cannot have any adult content.
- Your username cannot have cuss words in other languages because Roblox has the ability to identify swear words in other language.
- Your username cannot have memories of someone because Roblox does not allow people to make memories of people.
- Your username cannot have any illegal things.
- Your username cannot have any tragic events in it.
- Your username cannot have anything to do with Robux including advertisements, sales or just saying it.
- Your username cannot share a website that you created or a click ad.
- Your username cannot share a website which is owned by someone else.
- Your username cannot advertise stuff.
- Your username cannot offer free money or Robux.
- Your username cannot have ways of breaking rules.
Usually, people in Roblox create their usernames by getting from specific topics. The common topics in username are game characters, movie characters, certain Youtubers, family, pets, random letters, music, initials which are followed with number or and underscore, single words, comments about something and person’s interest.
So, what username do you want to use for your Roblox? You can try to find the ideas from the common topics above. Or, you can get help from a username generator.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…