There are several ways to farm Vorkath in the game called Old School RuneScape or OSRS. Those include farming by using toxic blowpipe, farming by using dragon hunter crossbow, and farming by using dragon hunter lance. This guide will focus more on farming Vorkath by using the toxic blowpipe.
o 90+Ranged, Hitpoints (recommended)
o 80+Attack, Strength, Defense (recommended)
o +74 Prayer for Piety and Rigor recommended
- Various other required for quests
- Items: Toxic blowpipe with Adamant darts, Bandos godsword, Elite void knight equipment with melee and ranger helms, Ava’s assembler (or the other Ava’s device), Fire cape or Infernal cape, Salve amulet(ei), Pegasian boots, Primordial boots, Archers ring (i), Berserker ring (i), food and potions
- Quest: Dragon Slayer II
- Other: +82 Construction for an Ornate rejuvenation pool, a Rune pouch, a Moonclan Teleport house portal in your house without Elite Fremennik Diaries completed, or Fremennik sea boots 4 with Elite Fremennik diaries completed.
- Profit: 1,880,115 coins
- Experience gained: 79,200 Ranged, 26,400 Hitpoints
- Inputs (620,098 coins):
o 1,750 x Zulrah’s scales (173,250)
o 500 x Adamant dart (43,000)
o 100 x Manta ray (113,200)
o 5 x Anti-venom +(4) (48,325)
o 3 x Divine ranging potion (4) (7,143)
o 3 x Divine super combat potion (4) (48,342)
o 2.5 x Extended super antifire (4) (18,532)
o 15 x Super restore (4) (168,315)
- Outputs (2,500,212 coins):
o 44 × Superior dragon bones (378,620)
o 3.67 × Rune longsword (68,332)
o 3.67 × Rune kiteshield (117,506)
o 0.59 × Dragon battleaxe (69,991)
o 0.59 × Dragon platelegs (94,612)
o 0.59 × Dragon plateskirt (94,585)
o 11.73 × Battlestaff (95,814)
- 0.022 × Dragonbone necklace (3,293)
- 1,452 × Chaos rune (59,532)
- 704 × Death rune (126,016)
- 39.6 × Wrath rune (12,830)
- 64.53 × Green dragonhide (85,313)
- 56.49 × Blue dragonhide (93,151)
- 46.22 × Red dragonhide (101,450)
- 41.08 × Black dragonhide (130,768)
- 12.07 × Onyx bolt tips (102,030)
- 77 × Rune dart tip (93,247)
- 52.8 × Dragon dart tip (134,006)
- 33 × Dragon arrowtips (22,605)
- 41.08 × Adamantite ore (45,150)
- 17.6 × Diamond (31,786)
- 403 × Grapes (11,293)
- 73.33 × Magic logs (76,340)
- 2.2 × Dragonstone (25,769)
- 176 × Dragon bolts (unf) (123,200)
- 0.39 × Snapdragon seed (23,015)
- 0.11 × Ranarr seed (4,703)
- 0.37 × Torstol seed (19,215)
- 0.063 × Maple seed (1,221)
- 0.035 × Palm tree seed (833)
- 0.063 × Yew seed (3,172)
- 0.042 × Magic seed (5,004)
- 0.021 × Dragonfruit tree seed (3,610)
- 0.014 × Celastrus seed (1,285)
- 0.014 × Redwood tree seed (432)
- 52.8 × Manta ray (59,770)
- 20.53 × Dragon bones (30,574)
- 0.0073 × Jar of decay (107)
- 0.0044 × Draconic visage (11,800)
- 0.0044 × Skeletal visage (57,604)
- 0.73 × Rare drop table (5,829)
- 74,800 × Coins (74,800)
The profit rate mentioned above assumes 22 kills per hour, but up to 28 is possible if using the maxed stats and gear. The profit that will be obtained will depend on your skills per hour so it might vary.
Apparently, this setup requires the special attack energy. It means it is needed to have a minimum of a Restoration pool or something similar. Keep in mind that the Clan Wars FFA portal does not regenerate the special attack energy. if there is no pool in your POH, please use the one owned by someone else so that you can maintain a consistent kill rate, even though using the one that belongs to someone else will cause delays between trips that leads to less profit.
Before starting the fight, you are encouraged to equip your melee gear with a Bandos godsword. It is also needed for you to use the special attack on Vorkath with Piety and Protect from Magic active. If you want to get multiple kills per trip, it might be a good idea to use one spec at the beginning as it is effective to save the special attack energy. If it is not your purpose, then you can use two instead. Even if at the beginning of the new trip both specs cannot be successful or hit very low, the thing usually still better other than teleporting out and restarting with full special attack energy.
Once the special attacks are landed, you will need to get the range gear as well as the pray Protect from Magic and Rigor. Getting the pray named Protecting from Magic is important to prevent the dragonfire damage from Vorkath. Sadly, it is needed for the range damage to be tanked when the blowpipe strategy is used. Apparently, this one will be the main source of damage intake per trip.
As a player, you can expect 1-4 kills per trip, limited by food. Actually, it is possible to be up to 4-5 skills. Saving the special attack energy is important for successive kills. Everything is fine as long as there is enough supply. It has been known that more kills per trip means more skills per hour and profit.
If you think farming Vorkath by using the toxic blowpipe is not your cup of tea, you might want to try farming by using dragon hunter crossbow and farming by using dragon hunter lance. Farming Vorkath by using dragon hunter crossbow requires you 90+ Ranged, Hitpoints (recommended), 80+ Defense, 74+ Pray for Rigor, and various other required quests. By following the recommendation, you will be able to get 2,855,374 coins as profit; 108,000 Ranged and 36,000 Hitpoints as experience gained; 554,007 inputs; and 3,409,380 outputs.
As for farming by using dragon hunter lance, you are required to have 90+ Attack, Strength, Hitpoints, 85+Defense, 70+ Pray for Piety, as well as various other required for quests. By following the recommendation, you will be able to get 3,012,676 coins as profit; 36,000 Ranged, 36,000 Strength, 36,000 Defense, and 36,000 Hitpoints as experience gained; 396,705 inputs; and 3,409,380 outputs.
For more information about the last two methods, you can visit Wiki. Some other information can also be obtained by visiting the communities or forums related to the game.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…