Do you want to take a medical coding and billing program online, but you are constrained by the cost? If so, it means that you need to find a medical coding and billing online program which is low cost or affordable for you, but of course accredited.
Low Cost/ Affordable Medical Coding and Billing Online Program Accredited
There are a number of low cost or affordable medical billing and coding online programs which are accredited. So, even though the price is affordable, you are still able to get good facilities from the schools since they are accredited.
So, what are low cost/ affordable medical coding and billing online programs accredited? You are able to check the information about this below.
Ashworth College offers one of the fastest online medical billing and coding programs. Here, you will learn the precise skills that you need to accurately convert patient information into insurance claims. In this program, you will get online lessons, medical coding reference books and real medical practice management software where these are the things that you need to complete the program. You are able to complete this program in four months. However, if you are not able to complete it in four months, you will be permitted up to one year from the date of your enrollment to complete your medical billing and coding training.
What will we get if we enroll in this program? Here are the things that you will get according to Ashworth College website.
- NHA Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam and resources (a $115 value)
- Textbook: The Electronic Health Record for the Physician’s Office with SimChart for the Medical Office
- Simulation: SimChart for the Medical Office
- Textbook: Step-By-Step Medical Coding
- Textbook: ICD-10-CM
- Textbook: Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
- Textbook: HCPCS Level II
- Binder™ mobile app for taking your learning materials on-the-go
- Student Portal dashboard to be able to get instant access to lessons and support
- Online libraries and labs for Learning Resource Center
- ProQuest® digital access to a lot of sources for research
- An active online community of fellow students, grads and staff
What are the objectives of the medical billing and coding learning in Ashworth College? After you complete the medical billing and coding program, it is hoped that students will be able to do these things.
- They can outline the typical responsibilities of a medical biller/ coder, describe the career opportunities available to appropriately trained personnel and describe the personal and professional ethics needed for being successful in this profession.
- They are able to describe how to build a strong base of medical terminology and use this terminology to be able to identify and describe body planes, anatomical directions, and the major structures, functions and pathologies of all body systems accurately.
- They are able to describe the goal and impact of the Healthcare Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and explain how professionals are able to learn about changes to the laws and regulations that affect them.
- They can compare and contrast the major types of government and commercial insurance health plans, including Medicare, Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), Medicaid, Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and Point-of-Service (POS) plans.
- They can describe the typical billing guidelines for inpatient medical, inpatient/ outpatient global surgery, medical/ surgical and minor surgical procedures.
- They can summarize the life cycle of a typical insurance claim and explain the processing steps that need to be completed before claims and other forms are able to be submitted to the insurance company.
- They can explain the goal of medical coding and accurately code diagnosis and procedures using industry-standard coding systems which are published by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Medical Association (AMA).
- They can accurately assign ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT, and HCPCS codes for diagnoses, procedures, and medical services as part of the insurance reimbursement process.
How about the tuition? According to the Ashworth College website, if you pay fully, the tuition fee that you have to pay is $849. It saves $150. However, if you pay it monthly, the tuition fee is $999 where the monthly payment is as low as $59/ month.
Is this college accredited? According to the Ashworth College website, this college is nationally accredited. So, you are able to be confident to be a graduate from this college because getting education in Ashworth College will make you get a nationally recognized degree or certificate. Ashworth College is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commision where this commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency.
Albany State University
According to the Online U website, Albany State University is one of the most affordable online colleges offering medical billing and coding certificates. This university places number 1 on that site as the most affordable online college offering medical billing and coding certificates. On that site, it is explained that the annual tuition of this program in this university is $1,140. Is this university accredited? The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges has accredited Albany State University.
If you want to be a medical coder, you will review patient medical health records and assign alphanumeric codes for each diagnosis and procedure. To do this job, you need to be an expert in the International Classification of Disease and the Current Procedural Terminology coding systems. This program is made to prepare students for an entry-level position as a medical coder. Each year, the online certificate program in this university starts the Fall semester.
What will we learn in this program in Albany State University? According to the Albany State University website, in semester 1, courses required for program admission are Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4) and Medical Terminology (2). The courses which are required for program admission in semester 2 are Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4) and Survey of Computer Applications (3). The program courses include Health Record Content and Structure (3), Pathophysiology and Pharmacology (3), Coding I (4), Coding II (2), and Advanced Coding and Reimbursement (4). The total semester hours is 29.
For more information about the medical coding and billing program of this university, you are able to access the site or contact them.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…