As a Pokemon fan, you may already know that Mega Rayquaza has a special connection to the process of Mega Evolution which makes it becoming the strongest Pokemon type. Then, if we compare with Arceus, who is the stronger? However, Arceus can also be the strongest Pokemon with a Normal base type where it can change into any form.
Of course, you may be confused when you’re determining whether to use a Pokemon type either Mega Rayquaza or Arceus as both can be the strongest Pokemon type in certain circumstances. Well, to know about the facts whether Mega Rayquaza is stronger than Arceus or not, let’s see our post below!
Is It True Mega Rayquaza Stronger Than Arceus?
If we talk about who the stronger is between Mega Rayquaza and Arceus, actually, there’s now way of saying that one Pokemon type is stronger or better than the others. However, it’s just how you use your Pokemon in the game.
If we see, Rayquaza (680) has a lower base stat than Arceus (720), however, Rayquaza can Mega Evolve to turn it into the second highest base stat of 780 which comes just behind eternamax eternatus as a monstrous 1100) that you cannot catch.
In the move pool, Arceus wins as it has a larger move pool than Rayquaza, so you can have coverage for a lot of types. While, in game wise, Mega Rayquaza surely will destroy Arceus. That’s because both Rayquaza and Mega Rayquaza are known for their attack and special attacks which is in an uneven stat, Rayquaza have greater attack and special attack which reach up to 180, while Arceus only have 120 as the defense.
However, Arceus can defend any attack using it’s life plates. In this case, Arceus is stronger than Mega Rayquaza in HP, special defense, defense and speed.
Comparison between Mega Rayquaza and Arceus
The argument that Mega Rayquaza is stronger than Arceus, it’s exactly debatable. However, we cannot decide that one Pokemon is greater than another just by stats and also its ability. That’s because it depends on what set both Pokemon are running. As we know, both of them are categorized as the strongest Pokemon type.
We also give you pros and cons for both where each can be the strongest Pokemon type depending on the circumstance and how you use them in the game. Here are they:
- Rayquaza can turn into Mega Rayquaza which is able to hold an item at the same time.
- In Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Rayquaza is the only such form which does not require a Mega Stone before its transformation.
- Mega Rayquaza is mathematically superior to Arceus with a total base stat of 780 compared to Arceus 720 base stat.
- Mega Rayquaza is able to fight Deoxys and stop the fight between Groudon and Kyogre.
- In fact, Rayquaza has a bigger attack and the special attack reaches up to 180.
- Mega Rayquaza has destroyed a star that would have destroyed Earth for sure if they collided with it when Arceus couldn’t.
- Mega Rayquaza destroys Mega Metagross, Mega Charizard, Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon easily.
- Mega-Rayquaza’s offensive stats are very strong in competitive Pokemon battles.
- Mega Rayquaza is not a Pokémon to be underestimated, although its defense and HP are a bit low, its basic stats are more balanced than Pokémon like Mega Metagross.
- Because it can Mega-Evolve without holding a Mega Stone, Rayquaza is considered damaged.
- Mega Rayquaza has uneven stats but Arceus has even stats.
- Mega Rayquaza is only better at attacking but Arceus is better at all of that.
- Mega Rayquaza is known only for their special attacks in uneven stats
- Arceus turned out to be able to defeat Mega Rayqauza even in a major evolution.
- Arceus has ‘life-plates’ which it can block any and all attacks of ALL Pokemon types. If we see, of course Arceus will definitely win.
- In the anime, Arceus can replace Life Plates with a flick of a finger (even faster) and can perform any move with damage.
- Arceus has even stats but Mega Rayquaza has uneven stats.
- Arceus is better at all of that when Mega Rayquaza is only great at attacking.
- Despite having 120 defenses, Arceus can defend any attack using his life plate.
- Arceus’ HP is greater than Mega Rayquaza in defense, special defense and speed.
- Arceus created everyone which means everything makes it clear that it is stronger than anyone.
- Arceus is significantly weaker than Mega Rayquaza as it does not have Mega Evolution with the total base stats being only 720.
- Arceus’ signature movements are quite weak as they are in the anime too.
- Even though Arceus is known as God of all Pokemon, however, it’s too weak to be the god of the universe.
- Arceus nearly died while trying to stop a meteor that could barely destroy a small valley.
- Arceus hides like a coward in the tower as Mega Rayquaza takes out all the legendary pokemon.
If you think that Mega Rayquaza is the strongest pokemon in the game, of course you can. It got mega which gave it one of the highest basic stats. In addition, it didn’t need any mega stones, allowing it to execute any item it wanted. Moreover, When it became Mega Rayquaza, it’s very strong with sky-high stats that made it the strongest Flying Pokémon.
In short, Mega Rayquaza was so much stronger than Arceus that it was banned from the list of prohibitions which is almost unstoppable. Coming in dual-type, Dragon and Flying, of course, Rayquaza has a great ability in the game. The Rayquaza’s ability is Air Lock which means when this Pokemon is active, the effects or the weather conditions are disabled.
But, don’t forget that Arceus is superior to Mega Rayquaza where it has ‘life-plates’ where it can block any and all attacks of ALL Pokemon types. Aside from that, Arceus is the god who created all Pokemon types and the universe.
The point is, either ways both are the strong and great Pokemon!
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…