Not only do Medical Coding Specialists play a crucial role in healthcare, but they also obtain a big salary. Even, they can secure employment with little-to-no experience needed. Knowing the companies which hire Medical Coding Specialists with no experience makes it easier to find opportunities.
Is It Hard To Get A Medical Coding Job?
Medical billing and coding is the essential underpinning of how healthcare providers and the healthcare insurance industry interact. But, because of the seeming complexity of the job and a wide misunderstanding of how it works, lots of people looking for a new career in healthcare think that a Medical Billing and Coding job is hard to get. The good news is that medical billing and coding job is not hard to get.
It may be tough to get a coding or billing job right away. Lots of new coders and billers start working in related healthcare fields, and then utilize that experience as leverage to get a billing or coding job.
Is Medical Coding Hard To Learn?
By the way, is Medical Coding hard to learn? There is no need to worry. Medical coding is not as hard as it seems at first glance. Bonnie Moore, RHIT and HIT program coordinator at Rasmussen University said that it is like learning a foreign language. What makes it difficult in learning a Medical Coding program is that there are three major coding systems, and each of them is dissimilar.
Is Medical Coding Job In High Demand?
Apparently, Medical billing and coding had been one of the most in-demand professions. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics listed medical coding among the twenty fastest-growing occupations. Also, AAPC notes that job security factors into quality of life, that is one reason why a medical coding job is a good career choice.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Medical Coding Certificate?
We get information that most local schools and programs cost between $1,000 up to $2,500 to attend. While accredited Medical billing and coding programs at colleges cost between $8,000 up to $19,000.
Medical Billing & Coding Certification Cost:
- National Average Cost: $1,210
- Maximum Cost: $19,000
- Average Range: $749 to $1,895
How Do You Get A Medical Coding Certificate?
To sit for the CCS exam, a Medical coder must have at least one of the following:
- A Degree/diploma from a medical coding training program.
- 2 years of medical coding experience.
- An existing medical coding certification, plus one year of medical coding experience.
Benefits Of Working As A Medical Coder
A medical coding career comes with lots of benefits. Knowing the specific benefits of this medical coding career will help you determine whether or not you want to pursue a career in this field.
Here are some of the benefits that come from a career as a medical coder:
- You are able to work from home. Unlike many other healthcare professions, working as a medical coder frequently comes with the option to work from home. Doing this job remotely assists you build a greater work-life balance, helping increase your job satisfaction in the process.
- You are able to make a difference. Medical coders play a crucial role in the healthcare system. As a medical coder, you make sure the payment and reimbursement systems at healthcare systems work correctly. Thus, you are able to do your job knowing the impact of your particular profession.
- It will help you improve your portable skills. You are able to use the skills you learn as a medical coder in a variety of healthcare facilities. Having transferable skills makes sure your skills continue to get used no matter your position in the healthcare industry.
- As a medical coder, you have the chance to work in many different settings including hospitals, physician offices and nursing homes. Having different environments to select from makes sure you discover the right fit for you and your productivity needs.
List Of The Companies That Hire Medical Coder With No Experience
While it will help to have professional experience when applying for a job as a medical coder, in fact lots of companies hire candidates with no experience at all. Before you apply for a position as a medical coder, you have to review the qualifications on the job to increase your chances to get the job.
Here are some companies that hire medical coder with no experience:
- Maxim Healthcare Group
Maxim Healthcare Group gives medical coding, documentation and auditing services for its clients. It hires medical coders to give these health information management services.
nThrive hires a variety of work-from-home employees including medical coders, auditors, registrars, and transcriptionists.
- UnitedHealth Group
This company offers many work-from-home medical coding positions including coding educators and coding consultants.
Aviacode gives medical billing, auditing and coding services to lots of healthcare professionals, surgical centers and facilities. The company offers part- and full-time employment to certified coders nationwide.
- Change Healthcare
This company provides a variety of services including network solutions and software. Change Healthcare hires any people from medical coders to auditors.
- The Coding Network
The company offers quality assurance and medical coding services. The Coding Network hires work-from-home Medical coders in many medical specialties.
- Conifer Health Solutions
The company provides managed services to various healthcare facilities. It offers quality assurance and medical coding positions as a health information services firm.
Humana offers work-from-home job chances for medical coders, coding educators and case managers. While it has remote positions, the employees in these positions may have to travel to their Kentucky headquarters from time to time.
This company gives health information and clinical documentation services and also hires remote medical coding specialists.
- Medical Record Associates
This health information services organization allows work-from-home medical coding jobs to candidates nationwide.
- Altegra Health
This company offers end-to-end reimbursement solutions, employing on-site and work-from-home employees in the medical coding profession.
- Maxim Healthcare Group
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…