You may be interested in picking one of the services offered by Fidelity. Unfortunately, you have not yet learned how to use the service, as you’re a beginner in investment and financial plans. Certainly, you will need the user guide in the use of Fidelity.
Thankfully, this post will give you a clear guide on how to use Fidelity for your financial plans, including investment, retirement plans, trading and much more. So, let’s find out what you should do with Fidelity from our post below!
User Guide for Fidelity
Fidelity seems to want to make it easy for users, allowing them to easily access Fidelity and explore what services Fidelity has to offer, so that they can determine what services they need most. So as with us, through this post, we hope that you will be easier when working with Fidelity.
Here, we’ll show you simple steps to use Fidelity, including:
Step 1: Access the official site of Fidelity NetBenefits
If you want to access Fidelity NetBenefits, you need to go to the official Fidelity site that you can access here. After accessing this link, you need to login with your Fidelity account by entering your username and password. Then, click on the Login button.
While if you do not have a Fidelity account, you need to sign up first by clicking on the ‘Register as a new user’ button to start creating your Fidelity account. However, the process of creating your Fidelity account may not take long.
Step 2: Navigate the Homepage Hub
At homepage, you will find your BP pension and savings benefits to the forefront of your online experience. The navigation and intuitive design will make it easier for you to get help and take action.
Here are what you will find at Fidelity homepage:
Important message: You will receive important information that you can perform.
- Your Portfolio: You can see your total balance for all your workplace and Fidelity accounts. This section also provides retirement income based on a variety of savings rates.
- Link to Income Simulator: In this section, you will see the potential effects of saving more or changing your investments.
- Account Balance Tiles and Access: You can see your balances and access to your savings account and BP pension. In this section, you can also view stock plans and personal accounts, if applicable.
- Quick Links: This link will direct you into balance and transactional screens for each selected plan.
- Make the most of your benefits: In this section, you can see resources which are related to your BP pension and savings plans. Aside from that, you will also find the important educational information, financial news and more.
Step 3: Review savings plan investment options and performance
Through Quick Link, you can also view a list of funds in full which are available in the Savings plans. This section is shown with basic fees, annualized and cumulative returns, daily quotes and restrictions that you can access on the Investment Performance and Research page.
Here’s for personal performance details:
- You can click on ‘View Your Performance’ section to show the personal rate of return, the balance and cost basis for only those investment options where you are invested.
- You can click on the ‘Average Returns or Cumulative Returns’ section to see your return over average, personal rate or also cumulative intervals.
- You can click under the ‘View Chart’ section to display performance charts which illustrate trends in returns and values over the period of your ownership.
Step 4: Review savings plan investment options and performance
You can also view a comprehensive side-by-side comparison of key data for all of the investment options within Savings Plan, through the Investment Performance and Research page.
Here’s for detail to view all investment options under Savings Plan:
- You can view the 1, 3, 5 and 10 years returns for all of the investment options which are available under the Savings Plan through the ‘Average Annual Total Returns’ section.
- You can click on the ‘Cumulative Total Returns, Daily Quotes, Fees or Restriction’ section to see additional detail on the investment options.
- You can click on the ‘Investment Option Name’ section to show additional fund facts and easy-to-understand graphs and charts.
- You can click on the ‘Show’ tab under the ‘Benchmark’ column to see performance data for the investment option’s associated benchmark.
Step 5: Change your savings plan investments
Through Quick Links, you can access the ‘Change Investments’ section to change your investments. Moreover, you can change how your future contributions to the Savings Plan will be invested or move assets from one investment option to another.
Here’s how to change your current and future investment options!
Click on the ‘Investment Elections’ section to change how your contributions for future plans will be invested. Here, you need to choose the ‘Source’ section either automatic payroll deductions or rollover contributions. After that, type the percentage that you want to invest for each option. Last, click on the Update and Continue.
Then, you can also click on the ‘Exchanges’ section to move your current balance from one single investment choice to another. To do it, you can choose the investment option to exchange from. Then, type the amount you want to exchange. Last, choose an investment option to exchange to.
To move your current balance between multiple investment options at one time, you need to click on the ‘Rebalance’ section. To get it, you need to sign up for email alerts when your allocation slips from those targets through ‘Rebalance Notification’. Through Automatic Rebalance, you should also have your account automatically reset to your desired allocation on a regular basis.
Step 6: Change your savings plan contributions
You need to know each pay period, you probably contribute a percentage of your pay to your Savings Plan account. Well, with the help of Quick Links, you definitely can access the ‘Contribution Amount’ section to change your contributions percentage.
- To view your current contribution amount, you need to click on the ‘Contribution Amount’ section under Manage your Contribution Amount to see contribution options.
- To change your contribution rate, you need to type a percentage in the Desired Election box. Then, if you want to change the contribution amount, you need to click on the ‘Change Contribution Amount’ located at the bottom of the screen.
Okay, that’s a guide for Fidelity NetBenefits. If you need more guides to view your pension summary, estimate a pension benefit payment, and how to collect your pension, read Fidelity NetBenefits Pension Summary.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…