Do you have Snapshot 20w20a? If you just downloaded it, you may now want to know how to use it. Well, it is easy to use it and here we will inform you about it together with some other information related to Snapshot 20w20a.
About Snapshot 20w20a
Snapshot 20w20a has presented new advancements for the Nether and also a Game Mode Swap feature. Do you want to get some of these new advancements? If so, you have to get Ancient Debris, get crying obsidian, set a respawn anchor to maximum limit, get full Netherite armor, ride a strider with a fungus on a stick and many more in the Nether Update.
The features that you are able to enjoy here are the new Game Mode Switcher debug menu and new Nether Advancements. In the Game Mode Switcher, there is a new F3 debug feature which permits you to be able to switch game modes with traditional tabbing functionality.
How to Install Snapshot 20w20a?
If you want to use Snapshot 20w20a, of course you need to install it first. How to do that? To install the snapshot, you have to open up the Minecraft Launcher and then you have to enable snapshots in the Launch Options tab.
It is important for you to know that Snapshots can corrupt your world, so to avoid this, you have to backup and or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
How to Use Snapshots 20w20a in Minecraft?
As we explained earlier that in Snapshots 20w20a, there is a new Game Mode Switcher. How to use it? You are able to see in the list below.
- You are able to hold F3 and tap F4 to be able to open the menu.
- If you want to cycle the game mode, you are able to tap F4 or you are able to use the mouse.
- If you want to apply, you can release F3.
- Your last game mode is remembered and it will be the first chosen option. So, you are able to toggle quickly between two game modes with a single press of F3 + F4.
How about using F3 + N (Toggle Spectator) in Snapshots 20w20a?
For your information, there is a small change which has been made to this debug combination.
- If you use the F3 + N key, by default it would return to Creative after toggling from Spectator. Now, it will toggle back to the previous game mode that you had. Let’s take an example. If you were in Survival mode and then you toggled to Spectator and back, you would be set back to Survival.
The New Advancements and Changes in 20w20a
There are some new advancements that you are able to check below.
- The Hidden in the Depths is unlocked when you can get Ancient Debris.
- Cover Me in Debris can be unlocked when you can get full Netherite armor.
- Country Lode, Take Me Home can be unlocked when you use a Compass on a Lodestone.
- Who Is Cutting Onions? can be unlocked when you can get Crying Obsidian.
- Not Quite ‘Nine’ Lives can be unlocked when you can set a Respawn Anchor to the maximum.
- This Boat Has Legs can be unlocked when you can ride a Strider with a Fungus on a Stick.
- Hot Tourist Destinations can be unlocked when you can visit all Biomes in the Nether.
- Those Were the Days can be unlocked when you can enter a Bastion Remnant.
- War Pigs can be unlocked when you can loot a chest in a Bastion Remnant.
- Oh Shiny can be unlocked when you can distract an angry Piglin with gold.
And here are the changes in 20w20a.
- The Bullseye advancement now can be unlocked when you can hit the bullseye of a target block from at least 30 meters away.
- The Serious Dedication advancement now is awarded for getting Netherite Hoe.
- If you get Balckstone, now it also counts for the Stone Age advancement.
- If you breed Striders, now it can count for ‘The Parrots and the Bats’ and it is now needed for Two by Two.
Some Technical Changes in 20w20a
There are some technical changes in 20w20a according to the Minecraft site. What are they? You are able to check below.
- You are able to summon Shulkers with NoAI with rotation.
- There is thrown_item_picked_up_by_entity advancement trigger.
- There is player_generates_container_loot advancement trigger.
- There is item_used_on_block advancement trigger.
- The safely_harvest_honey advancement trigger is removed.
The Bugs which Has Been Fixed in 20w20a
There are some bugs which have been fixed. What are they? You are able to see in the list below.
- MC-118234 – non-arrow projectiles can trigger advancement ‘Not Today, Thank You’.
- MC-173207 – You are able to make Bullseye advancement when you use a non-arrow projectile, even though the description explicitly mentions arrows.
- MC-173756 – Ice Bucket Challenge advancement is able to be obtained by gathering obsidian from bartering.
- MC-175992 – You have to note that Striders are not part of the ‘Two by Two’ advancement challenge.
- MC-179481 – Structure block offset is not able to be bigger than 32.
- MC- 182967 – If you throw ender pearl while mounted, it does not teleport you.
Videos About Snapshot 20w20a
Do you just have a plan to download and install snapshot 20w20a? If so, you may be curious how Snapshot 20w20a is in the Minecraft game, then you are able to watch some videos on Youtube about it. Here are some of the videos that you can watch.
- A video of slicedlime entitled What’s New in Minecraft Snapshot 20w20a? which was uploaded on May 13th, 2020. The duration of the video is 6 minutes and 38 seconds and now it has been watched more than 12k times.
- A video which was uploaded by xisumavoid entitled Minecraft 1.16 Snapshot 20w20a Game Mode Switcher & Advancement Overhaul which was uploaded on May 13th, 2020. The duration of the video is 6 minutes and 44 seconds and now it has been watched more than 615k times.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…