Instagram allows you to follow anyone that you’re interested in. Of course, it’s depending on the type of the Instagram account that you want to follow. Besides, Instagram also gives you a chance to find out who follows them. When someone follows another on Instagram, they generally will receive the notification for new followers.
Aside from following anyone on Instagram, Instagram also gives you an opportunity to unfollow someone that you don’t want to follow. When you unfollow someone, you automatically cannot longer see their IG’s story, feeds and also IG Live. You now have a plan to unfollow someone but you don’t want them to know that you currently unfollow them.
Then, is it possible to unfollow someone on Instagram without a notification? Let’s find out below!
Unfollow Someone on Instagram Without a Notification, Can You?
Of course, it’s so possible for you to unfollow someone on Instagram without them getting a notification. But the way that you can do it is not as normal as you unfollow someone. That means you have to follow certain ways to unfollow someone without a notification. So, how to do it?
Well, to unfollow someone on Instagram without them knowing, you’re able to choose either block, mute or remove them from your following list. Here’s how to unfollow someone on Instagram without a notification!
Way 1: Blocking Them
The first choice that you can make to unfollow someone on Instagram without them getting a notification is to block them. However, you’re able to block them if you do not want them to know that you currently have blocked them. You can also remain unfollowed after you have blocked them.
Here’s how to block someone on Instagram!
- Go to someone’s profile that you want to unfollow.
- Then, tap on the three dots icon located on the top right of your Instagram screen.
- Click on it and then it will open a navigation drawer.
- Here, you have to move to the next step to block someone.
- Once you move it to block someone, you can continue to block them by tapping on the Block option.
- A pop-up window will show and you can then choose Dismiss to return to the user’s profile.
- Well, if blocking someone on Instagram works, the follow button on the user’s profile will be changed to unblock.
That’s it! You successfully block someone on Instagram and then you cannot get the IG’s story, feeds and IG live on your Instagram.
To know, after you have blocked someone on Instagram, they automatically will be removed from your following and your followers list. Someone who has been blocked cannot longer find your profile unless they use another Instagram account. Then, if you decide to unblock them one day, you surely can follow them back.
However, blocking someone’s Instagram account is such an effective and efficient way to unfollow without them getting a notification. So, let’s block someone who you do not want to see on Instagram.
Way 2: Muting Them
The second effective way that you can do to unfollow someone without them knowing is to mute their stories and posts on Instagram. If you do not dare to block someone on Instagram, muting them can be a great way that you can choose.
Here’s how to mute them on Instagram!
- First, find someone’s account that you want to mute by scrolling through your feed.
- Then, you can tap on the three dots icon located on the right corner of their post.
- As you cannot mute someone from their profile, you surely have to manually scroll through your feed until you find the post of someone that you want to mute. It may take a while especially if someone does not post much.
- Once you choose the triple dots icon, a pop-up window of a navigation drawer will show.
- Here, you need to tap on Mute option.
- Last, you need to tap on Mute Posts or Mute Posts and Story.
- You surely can choose on Mute Posts if you want to mute their posts which means someone’s posts cannot longer appear on your feed. But they can still have access if you look for their profile manually.
- While, you can choose Mute Posts and Story if you really want to mute both posts and story which means someone’s post is not going to show up on your feed and then their story cannot longer appear on your timeline.
- That’s it! You successfully mute someone’s posts and stories.
To know, if you mute someone’s stories, of course their stories cannot longer be available on your timeline. Then, you can always unmute someone if you still want to see their posts and stories again. But if you mute someone’s posts and stories by accident and want to unmute it back at least you need to know their username. If it’s hard, you can also try finding them on your timeline if you don’t mute their stories.
Way 3: Removing Them From Following List
The last way that you can do when you want to unfollow someone without them getting a notification is to remove them from the following list. You surely can do this way if you think the two ways above cannot solve it.
- Firstly, go to your Instagram profile.
- Then, tap on Followers option. By tapping it, it will direct you to your followers list.
- Here, you need to search for someone that you want to remove from the following list.
- Once you find someone, you can continue to remove it. Additionally, there will be two options:
- First, you’re able to look for the user you want to remove from your following lists and then tap on Remove option.
- Second, you’re able to scroll through your followers list to find the user manually and then tap on Remove.
- Then, after you have chosen on Remove option, you will get a pop-up message that confirms whether you want to remove the user as a follower.
- Last, you can tap on Remove.
You’re successfully done to unfollow someone without them getting a notification by removing them from the following list.
Those are three smart ways that you can take to unfollow someone on Instagram without them getting a notification.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…